Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

Yes, a ride at AK.
crop-45-jpg.171318

Africa? Safari?

Is your DGD excited for high school? Will she be going to a big high school or small one. I have no idea when DD gets out of school. :blush: I think June 13. The schedule for finals isn't out yet.

Yes...VERY excited. She is SO looking forward to the sports; she's excited for the challenges of volleyball (Coach Brewer expects to be playing in the State Tournament every year) and ecstatic with the prospect that she'll be back with her year older Redstorm soccer team members. I had to chuckle at her last Sunday...she asked to see her mother's letterman's jacket from high school so she could "see how I look in one since I'll get mine next year". :goodvibes Normally, those aren't awarded until the sophomore year in high school unless a sports team advances in the playoffs, clearly she too expects to play in a State Tournament in one of her sports next school year. :rotfl: We're "done" with school....they're just attending class now to get in the required "school days" for the year. This is the week of awards ceremonies, field trips, talent shows, visits to the elementary school by older students (Redstorm is reading stories today to the kindergarten class), etc. They have a "four day weekend" for Memorial Day and next week have early dismissal every day. Our high school has between 650 & 700 students so yes, a small school which we are so thankful for. :goodvibes Most of the kids know one another and parents know parents which, in this day and age, is a huge benefit! June 13 is only a short 2 weeks away for your DD and finals will make those days go faster. Are they still playing softball or is that wrapping up too? She'll be a junior, right? :eek: WOW! :tink:

Last edited:
Awesome! :dance3: DD and SIL love their DVC membership and it's been a good investment so far. Since the 2014 trip was a group effort :goodvibes (DD arranged everything for the soccer team and families...37 total :faint:) and they/we stayed at CB, they were able to sell their points...paid for Christmas. :woohoo: She used points last year for the WLV stay but DGD's schedule will not permit a trip for 2016. Sold those points already (in like 24 hours) and paid for all the camps/classes for summer activities! Their "home" is BLT (which I LOVE) but WLV is their next favorite. Beautiful Lodge and you'll get in on the new construction ... awesome! :dance3:Our last departure from MCO was a nightmare:eek:...arrived in plenty time, no problems or delays going through security; slight wait for our plane but when it landed they discovered "mechanical difficulties :scared1:! We were delayed almost 2 hours which put us back in Austin around 9PM. One and a half hour trip home and THEN...DD and I had to get ready for the family (25+ people) Thanksgiving gathering at HER house the next day for lunch! :faint: Good memories though...safe trip home to NJ! :goodvibes :tink:
Thanksgiving dinner for 25+ the next day?!?! Well, then again, she did plan a trip for 37... What's lunch for 25+ when you have Mom to help. :hug:.

The flight was great until it was time to land... Landing aborted as the pilot overshot the runway (better than trying to actually land at that point, but that's one way to get the blood pumping at just after midnight). :faint: So glad to be back on terra firma. It's a 2 hr flight, and that's long enough for me!!

DD is back in school, I'm at work and DH has the rest of the week off. Lucky guy!

Looking forward to going back. BLT is on the top of our list. We love it. Very different from WL, but you can't beat the location, shops & restaurants.

Thanksgiving dinner for 25+ the next day?!?! Well, then again, she did plan a trip for 37... What's lunch for 25+ when you have Mom to help. :hug:.

The flight was great until it was time to land... Landing aborted as the pilot overshot the runway (better than trying to actually land at that point, but that's one way to get the blood pumping at just after midnight). :faint: So glad to be back on terra firma. It's a 2 hr flight, and that's long enough for me!!

DD is back in school, I'm at work and DH has the rest of the week off. Lucky guy!

Looking forward to going back. BLT is on the top of our list. We love it. Very different from WL, but you can't beat the location, shops & restaurants.

It was a FUN Thanksgiving. :rotfl2: Needless to say, no alarm was set for Friday...or Saturday morning. :faint: Our flight from Austin to Orlando is right at 2 hours too which is perfect for me also. I love flying but am slightly claustrophobic and can't go much longer in a closed in area. :crazy: While in high school, our high school band was invited to the International Music Festival held in Vienna, Austria. (THAT was a challenge, planning that trip for 100+ people :scared:.) I was travel coordinator but did not make the trip; DH went with DD and future son-in-law. I knew there was NO way I could be on an airplane for 17 hours with a bunch of high school kids :rolleyes: and keep my sanity. :rolleyes1 That must have been scary last night and I'll bet you were glad to disembark. :rotfl: I didn't think I'd like BLT but, since we were staying with DD and family, I didn't have a say in where we stayed. Ended up being a favorite resort. They chose the Bay Lake view instead of the MK view and we loved it. Watching the sunrise over Bay Lake from the 10th floor was beautiful. We could see the Epcot ball, ToT, and (then) Downtown Disney from our room as well as WL. SO very peaceful and quiet. The best part was walking to the MK or catching the monorail for Epcot from our resort. Bus service was a little on the slow side but nothing to complain about. I think you'd really like it there until the Villa construction mess is completed at WL.

IMG_5081_1.jpg
:tink:

:scared: Yesterday at this time DGD and I were enjoying the swimming pool; today, I'm listening to the NOAA weather radio bulletins with tornado warnings, hail and high wind warnings, severe thunderstorm warnings and flash flood warnings. :scared: Not sure if I want to go sit in the high school GYM later this afternoon :scared1: but thankful we don't have it as bad as our "neighbors to the northeast"! :eek: :tink:

Home is NJ... Orlando was a breeze this evening! Unbelievable. First time we went through with absolutely no wait. Sweeeet! We're closing on our first DVC in the coming days. Wilderness Lodge (soon to be Boulder Ridge) will be our home. As soon as the points hit our account, I'm booking!! Lol. :dogdance:

I grew up Bloomfield New Jersey. Parents moved down to South Florida in 71.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter