Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

71 that's before I was born haah

Was 12 then. Was not long after that I have been LA LA LA LA ING ever since....

The first times going to DW we drove North up the Turnpike and got off at I-4. There was nothing built between I-4 and 192. You could see the top half of Cinderella's Castle from I-4 back then.

Ooh! Memories of Travelling with my class to France & Spain. Great for us, not so certain about all those sitting in coach with us. Hehe. :jumping1:

The "go-around", as the piloting community calls it, was scary. I've been flying since I was a kid and never experienced an aborted landing. I guess it's better to experience that little scare than to have a hard landing into either the nearby college or psychiatric facility!! :eek:

OK this is why I don't fly.:scared1:

Things have settled down for the time being at out house; cousin (she lives 12 miles to our north) is still having heavy rain, wind, lightening and thunder but looks like those storms are streaming due east so hopefully the worst is over for us...for tonight. Possible repeat tomorrow...:rolleyes:

That's what I'm talking about...ALL of our seats were "coach"...just couldn't do it! My Godson's mother-in-law had a scary landing today in College Station today too. She flew in for the weekend from Colorado and the pilot managed to get their plane on the ground 3 minutes before a large tornado touched down east of the airport. :scared: Rather bumpy landing for her too and the weather on the conditions on the ground weren't any better. :worried: The Bryan/College Station area had 5 tornados touch down this afternoon. Godson's brother had flooding in his neighborhood and they had very high winds at their house...the entire area was flooded. Diane...I wouldn't want to be on a plane either if it was "racing a tornado" :scared1:! :tink:

Was 12 then. Was not long after that I have been LA LA LA LA ING ever since....

The first times going to DW we drove North up the Turnpike and got off at I-4. There was nothing built between I-4 and 192. You could see the top half of Cinderella's Castle from I-4 back then.

WOW...how things have changed the past "few years"! :rotfl: The MK was ALL that was there for our first trip to DW...W-A-Y "back then"! :faint: :tink:

The Brenham airport is about 30 miles north of us...they recorded 28 inches of rain since about 9 this morning! :umbrella: :tink:

Checking in briefly before I need to get off computer again and get radar pulled up. Warning's are non-stop :scared:; made it to the gym, watched 2 of DGD's volleyball games, went outside to check the weather and the sky was BLACK. Went back in to get the family...told them we needed to leave NOW at the same time the head athletic director told DGD's group to GO (his daughter plays with DGD). My internet keeps going out...been typing this for 10 minutes! Just drove in the driveway before the rain started. We were VERY lucky here...my cousin had golf ball size hail; lightening striking her pecan trees; 3 large trees down; power is out; heavy wind and lots of rain. Some areas to our north had 18 inches. Be back later...(I hope! :goodvibes) Oh...Jeff...DH said maybe we need to sacrifice those goats...this is getting CRAZY :crazy: Keep remembering last Memorial Day when Houston had 20+" of rain! :crazy: :tink:

:eek:You have the worst weather. Stay safe.

Checking in briefly before I need to get off computer again and get radar pulled up. Warning's are non-stop :scared:; made it to the gym, watched 2 of DGD's volleyball games, went outside to check the weather and the sky was BLACK. Went back in to get the family...told them we needed to leave NOW at the same time the head athletic director told DGD's group to GO (his daughter plays with DGD). My internet keeps going out...been typing this for 10 minutes! Just drove in the driveway before the rain started. We were VERY lucky here...my cousin had golf ball size hail; lightening striking her pecan trees; 3 large trees down; power is out; heavy wind and lots of rain. Some areas to our north had 18 inches. Be back later...(I hope! :goodvibes) Oh...Jeff...DH said maybe we need to sacrifice those goats...this is getting CRAZY :crazy: Keep remembering last Memorial Day when Houston had 20+" of rain! :crazy: :tink:
The news here in NJ shows some of the storms that swept through your region. Hope all is well. We get hurricanes & snow storms... That's nothing compared to tornados. We've had tornado warnings and some tornado activity over the years, but nothing at all like what you have there in TX. o_O

:rotfl2: I think you should listen to DH and fly. :rotfl2: Flying CAN be "an adventure" :rolleyes: but it's still safer than driving. :goodvibes We've only had a couple of "slightly scary moments" but couldn't stay on a plane much longer than 2 hours....I'd be "scratching at the windows" to get out. :lmao:

c6274bd6-f28c-414e-b145-0dee3559f311_zpswtrcotsu.jpg

I need to get off the computer for awhile...lightening is getting pretty close again (and weather alerts are CONSTANT!)...but wanted to answer your question first...not one of the live statues either. :goodvibes :tink:

Is this person dancing? Singing? Playing an instrument?

Things have settled down for the time being at out house; cousin (she lives 12 miles to our north) is still having heavy rain, wind, lightening and thunder but looks like those storms are streaming due east so hopefully the worst is over for us...for tonight. Possible repeat tomorrow...:rolleyes:

That's what I'm talking about...ALL of our seats were "coach"...just couldn't do it! My Godson's mother-in-law had a scary landing today in College Station today too. She flew in for the weekend from Colorado and the pilot managed to get their plane on the ground 3 minutes before a large tornado touched down east of the airport. :scared: Rather bumpy landing for her too and the weather on the conditions on the ground weren't any better. :worried: The Bryan/College Station area had 5 tornados touch down this afternoon. Godson's brother had flooding in his neighborhood and they had very high winds at their house...the entire area was flooded. Diane...I wouldn't want to be on a plane either if it was "racing a tornado" :scared1:! :tink:
Eeek! This is why I can't live in that region of the US. Tornados freak me out.

I saw on facebook your daughter's store got flooded.. hope it wss not too bad and they were able to clean it all up

:eek:You have the worst weather. Stay safe.

The news here in NJ shows some of the storms that swept through your region. Hope all is well. We get hurricanes & snow storms... That's nothing compared to tornados. We've had tornado warnings and some tornado activity over the years, but nothing at all like what you have there in TX. o_O

Gadzooks!! That's a lot of rain!

Eeek! This is why I can't live in that region of the US. Tornados freak me out.

I saw on facebook your daughter's store got flooded.. hope it wss not too bad and they were able to clean it all up

:faint::faint::faint: Just got my bu** back home; rain starting up again. Was going to help my cousin with cleanup (she had 13''s) but decided I needed to be home, high and dry. Yes...DD's grooming shop flooded :crazy:; about 3" of water...flowed in from back all the way to front door. Everything SOAKED...she called at 7:15, woke me from a sound sleep, "Mom, I need HELP!" Gathered towels, cleaning supplies, plastic gloves and took off. They had the water swept out before I got there so spent the morning wiping things down and soaking water out of equipment, dog cages, the WASHER & DRYER, dog "dryers", surge protectors, display cases...:crazy:. One of her customers was unable to get in yesterday afternoon to pick up her dogs so she kept them overnight. The dogs were fine (sweet as can be :lovestruc) but their owner was freaking out for them...she used a kayak to get from her house to higher ground, borrowed a neighbors truck and came in this morning to pick them up! She was going to have to put them in the kayak to get back to her house! :scared: She walked in the door and I just hugged her...she cried but her doggies were SO glad to see her! Brenham is a mess; 20+" average rainfall there; HUGE washout of street in front of Firemen's Park..swallowed a car :scared1:...Houston TV station there filming the scene; 35 students and 15 staff members had to shelter in place at the Brenham Elementary School last night...parents couldn't get in to get the kids and buses couldn't travel the roads to get them home. All rivers/streams are out of their banks; major highways between Austin & Houston are closed due to flooded. Brazos River is already 5' above flood stage in some places. Some of DD's friends had taken their kids to gym class yesterday afternoon...within 45 minutes they were flooded in and spent the night there... AND...it's "setting up" to be same type of weather today as yesterday. DH has been out since 6:30 clearing tree limbs off roads to make them passable. Bellville was VERY lucky this time around...we only had between 2 & 4 inches but our neighbors to the north are really suffering today. :sad2: :tink:

Just heard on news confirmed 2 deaths in Brenham, 5 people missing. DH just called from his workplace (he went back to work YESTERDAY :rolleyes:) POURING rain again...pretty sure he's not going to be able to get home tonight unless he does some "creative" traveling. :rotfl: One bridge he needs to cross on Hwy. 159 has water directly under the bridge already...and it "rising"...rapidly! :eek:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter