What is your Disney shameful secret?

I really dislike the parades. Although I do think I should give then a second chance. I probably never will because I'd rather do something else. I'm not a big of parades in general and then fighting the crowds , ugh.

I love, love, love IASW and pirates. I could ride those two all day long and be happy.

I love the drops in tot but don't like riding it. The creepy line through the boiler room freaks me out as does how it initially starts in the the twilight zone area.

I don't really get illuminations and would be perfectly happy if world showcase was gone. I like the food/drink component but more rides please.

I have never been a fan of roller coasters or drops, however, when the new mine train ride came out, I read several reviews that all talked about how "kid friendly" the ride was and some people thought it was a little boring because it was so tame. So, I thought "This is the roller coaster for me!". I booked a fast pass for my last trip and was really excited to try out this new ride that I thought would be just my speed. They put me and my 13 year old son in the last car and I was very surprised to learn that it was not my speed, it was about twice my speed and I held on for dear life through the twisty drops. If they sold an "I Survived the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train" t-shirt, I would have bought one.

I love (LOVE!) carousels and I really wanted to ride Cinderella's horse - it had a bow on the tail. When we got on, we discovered that it was removed because too many people wanted to ride it! So my shameful secret is that I will never ride the carousel there again.:mad:

I intensely dislike strollers and think they should strictly enforce size restrictions.

I love fireworks, Fantasmic, etc but become so obsessively distracted with people watching waiting for them I can't focus once they start.

I have taken my Mother's ashes to DL, WDW, end DC and sprinkled her in sooooo many places.

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts. When I read the original post I didn't think I had any secrets, I love ALL things Disney. After thinking about it for a little while, I guess my shameful secret is that I have so many.

I have never used a Fast Pass (this April will be my first FP experience)

I have never ridden EE or MS, eaten a Dole Whip, Turkey Leg or Tonga Toast

I dislike AK & HS, all parades, TT, Soarin’ and IASW (the ride, the song, the little people dancing around…no thanks)

I have fallen asleep during The American Experience more than once. However, the finale always makes me tear up.

I have a love/hate relationship with Frozen. Loved the movie/soundtrack. Hate that it’s taking over Norway! #savemaelstrom

I love every roller coaster and Tower of Terror, but Dinosaur literally reduces me to tears and Haunted Mansion makes me jump.

Chefs de France was the worst Disney Dining experience of my life, and I would never eat there again.

I am really tired of Frozen stuff!!! :( Does any of your Disney kids under 12 watch the classics anymore that I grew up watching? Seems like it's all just Frozen now.

Fantasyland is my favorite part of the park- the strollers make it hellacious, as pps have pointed out. There needs to be restrictions on strollers. And Disney needs to act on the restrictions.

Posted before, but have a few more...

1. I love World Showcase, it's probably my favorite thing in all of WDW. I've explored every pavilion countless times, except one... American Adventure. I just don't see the point for me, since I'm living the American adventure every day! I know I should probably be more patriotic, and check it out at least once... But I just really really really do not care. :lmao:
2. I don't like the Hall of Presidents either. I'm a bad 'Merican!
3. I can't handle the tea cups. The spinning makes me ill. Plus I'm a very round lady, and squishing my belly in there is no fun!
4. This is my biggest shame... You see, I must use an ECV in the parks, due to chronic pain from Lupus and Fibromyalgia. However, I LOOK perfectly healthy, and am very perky and happy and energetic. I DO try to park it and stand in lines that I think I can handle, I don't try to navigate it through crowded spaces, etc. (I go out of my way to be a courteous and respectful ECV user, and absolutely do not abuse the system.) As such, sometimes when I get off of my ECV to do something... I will fake a limp, so that people don't look at me and assume I'm just too fat and lazy to walk. It's as if I need to display a visible disability so that I'm not judged as harshly for my invisible disability. I feel awful for it, but I've read so many ugly comments here on the Dis over the years and have experienced so many nasty looks in the parks, that it's almost habit now. :sad1:
Same for me with #4 but my disability is a bad ankle that doesn't act up with short walks, but would be torture after a day at the parks with no ECV/wheelchair

Illuminations is boring for me. In fact I feel like most shows and parades are time you could be spending riding rides.
spaceship earth creeps me out and I hate it. However, I ride it anyway just for the sentiment.
Never had a dole whip or turkey leg.
Never been on the carousel
I LOVE maelstrom (RIP) and Ellen's Universe of Energy.

Same for me with #4 but my disability is a bad ankle that doesn't act up with short walks, but would be torture after a day at the parks with no ECV/wheelchair

Sad that we are reduced to this because other people are judgemental. I ran all 3 PHM races last weekend and was quite injured. I actually caught myself being concerned about what others would think of me taking elevators or sitting on a full bus with my medal on.

The parades bore me. The sight of people eating turkey legs disgusts me. I love Small World. I like Duffy (oh, the shame!).

I did not care for FANTASMIC. Hubby and organized our evening for it and it just did nothing for me. I have never returned.

It's A Small World.... I don't get the popularity of it (as far as adults go). If I get on it its just something to do. I dont HATE it... just dont get the popularity of it.

Never did a rope drop and don't care to. if I did I'd have to set a clock and even though I may indeed set a clock for an hour or so later... setting a clock is not my idea of being on a relaxing vacation. I could care less if I am there for a park opening.

Never did Country Bear jamboree or Hoop Dee Doo Review (sp?)... .and don't care to. That being said if given enough time during any of my next visits i will do it just to say that I did it.

I find Peter Pan to be incredibly boring because it is so old. (My wish is for it to be redone, longer, and with new animatronics like the ones in 7DMT!) I've also never had a turkey leg and enjoy the villains more then the princesses. Oops! :)

OMG... that is my favorite! I hope they never get rid of it. Love flying above town and the lights! But i to love the villians. They are much more fun to interact with.

LadyDiz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter