This (DISNEY)land Was Made For You and Me - July 2016 Weight Loss and Lifestyle Change Challenge

What are some healthy snacks you enjoy eating?
Have you changed your eating habits recently because of the lifestyle change you're making?

Bonus: Have you tried the Dole Whip? What did you think?

I have been eating more fruit - berries.
I am slowly making changes to my eating habits - I think I am snacking less overall - I have been having more protein at each meal to fill me up and most of the time this is working.

No I have not had a Dole Whip either - I do like Pineapple but hate when you think it is going to be yummy and sweet and it has a tangy sour taste! I have been in the Tikki Tikki Room only once on my first trip ages ago - this kids weren't interested this last time - they wanted to use that time on rides or other shows. They had all seen most of it on video (yes an old video tape) from my earlier trip.

My last few days have been crazy. I am already over 100% towards my goal for the month. After moaning and whining about my horrible gain, I got up on Saturday and was down 1.3 kg. Then on Sunday another 0.5kg and on Monday 0.1 kg. So, I already "lost" 1.9 kg (4.2 pounds) since July 1st. Crazy!! I could not have believed that there was that much water weight in me.

I am sooo happy to hear this - I remember how frustrated you were feeling at the end of our June challenge.

I don't do pineapple. Unless it's mixed with coconut and rum. (I do like pina coladas ... not wild about getting caught in the rain) (someone please tell me that you understood that reference...)

haha I get the reference Sarah :P.

What are you celebrating today?
What amazing thing has happened over the last week?

I'm woohooing that I am still on break at the moment. We have been having some wonderful sleep-in days - guess we all need the recharge.

Bonus question: If your awesome Disneyland Plaid gave you $50 Disney Dollars for treats,
what would you purchase? No calories count!

Hmmmm - as it is summer for you now I will go firstly with a Mickey's Sink Ice Cream in DCA - that was the first thing I think we had to eat on our trip to DL.
Then I would have to have a corn dog and one of those chocolate pastry twists from the cart near the Royale Theatre ..... you did say no calories count right lol.

we are all weird! It will be boring if we are all the same

as they say - everything has cracks. That's how the light gets in! Our cracks make us shine with individuality

but yes, am sorry to agree but man are weird. DH is trying hard. He went trough hell medically last year, he lost weight before and sadly some if it came back. I let him deal with it. You can only paddle your own canoe. I do preach a little and remind him he should look after his health but I love him and support him and I won't make his life hell trying to convince him to follow my lead.

The only reason he lost weight is someone that we know told him he should, after loosing weight himself and he got annoyed! I wish he would do it if I told him instead of waiting for someone else to tell him as it is but... men are weird

My husband is supportive of me but I am not really allowed to be supportive of him. I try and he does not like it. He tells me all the time he can do it on his own. He won't even let me go to the rec with him. I wouldn't be working out with him just there doing my workout and he hates that. I agree men are weird.

Totally forgot the bonus QOTD:

I would get a marshmallow wand!! These things were they stick marshmallows on a straw and the dip them into chocolate and/or caramel and drizzle it with all kind of goodies. Not really because they are so awesome, but because they are my ulitmate theme park treat. My sister and I found them on our first visit to DLP in 1995 (there they are called guimauve or so). We were pretty poor then and this was one of the cheapest snacks and we got one to share while waiting for the fireworks. Our mother loves marshmallows, I think they are her favourite candy, so this adds another nostalgic layer to it. So, eating a Disney marshmallow wand (or even better: sharing it with my sister!) gives me the most magical warm fuzzies that no other theme park food ever can!

July 6th - Woohoo Wednesday!
giphy.gif

It's time to celebrate... it's woohoo Wednesday!

July 6th - Question of the Day

Bonus question: If your awesome Disneyland Plaid gave you $50 Disney Dollars for treats,

Oh is there any magic maker photos I can buy for 50 usd? It will be great treat to have family pictures taken at the theme park with some magic added. Love magic photos! Probably not if it cost as WDW 200 usd!!! How does this work at Disney California?

Woohoo I have great one!

I woke up and checked my weight. No weight loss this week. I had few meals out, I was unwell one day, I have been overdoing it in the gym (just as it's fun) and with husband travelling few nights every week, either him or me being either in the gym or tennis, working full time, drop off pick up our son from summer camp - things have fallen behind. Home is messy, food not pre cooked, proper food shopping not done. I am tired and cranky and this is all stressing me out. Too tired.

Then I re read one of my posts in June forum re best weight. If I am not enjoying myself I won't keep it up! So I need to plan for rest time, and night where me and my husband are home or out but together, fun family days, pre cooking for the week - or with one word life. So I need to have a think about my schedule and make it happier!

So after having a lowish morning, I went out on my lunch for a walk (to the shops :smooth:). There was 70% off sale @ favorite designer Elie Tahari and a I tried a dress I really like size 4 (UK 8) and it fits well. So, excuse me about the weird headless picture or the mess in the dressing room - but this is me today on my lunch break, feeling good about myself trying my new dress! I am not going to worry about weight loss but will continue focusing on healthy happy lifestyle as it's working great. There is always room for improvement, but 18lbs weight loss is a lot for someone my size and to be honest I feel I look like a healthy 38 year old woman! I love 70 % off sales

3005051.JPG

Last year this time nothing was fitting me, i spend my summer crying my eyes out in hospital corridors drenched of fear. I sow no life without fear, no light in the end of the tunnel. I spend my summer looking like crazy woman, wearing baggy clothes & unbrushed hear and crying and on off. I felt so sad, old, fat and ... done.

I am so grateful I feel alive and happy again. I won't stress over weight loss. It will happen when it happen and if it doesn't happen - well I am ok with it too.

Last edited:
Wohoo Wednesday:

I am back on track!!! Two days of tracking all my food AND staying within my limits! And the scale moved down 0.1 kg again this morning. I am so relieved! And I need to remember that I should not listen to my scale when it is hot outside. I do have bigger weight swings in summer when it is hot than in winter. Still up from my lowest number, but I feel confident that I will get down there and then below it soonish!

On Fire! Well done. I hope you manage to get some time off and enjoy your time with your boyfriend.

Oh is there any magic maker photos I can buy for 50 usd? It will be great treat to have family pictures taken at the theme park with some magic added. Love magic photos! Probably not if it cost as WDW 200 usd!!! How does this work at Disney California?

Woohoo I have great one!

I woke up and checked my weight. No weight loss this week. I had few meals out, I was unwell one day, I have been overdoing it in the gym (just as it's fun) and with husband travelling few nights every week, either him or me being either in the gym or tennis, working full time, drop off pick up our son from summer camp - things have fallen behind. Home is messy, food not pre cooked, proper food shopping not done. I am tired and cranky and this is all stressing me out. Too tired.

Then I re read one of my posts in June forum re best weight. If I am not enjoying myself I won't keep it up! So I need to plan for rest time, and night where me and my husband are home or out but together, fun family days, pre cooking for the week - or with one word life. So I need to have a think about my schedule and make it happier!

So after having a lowish morning, I went out on my lunch for a walk (to the shops :smooth:). There was 70% off sale @ favorite designer Elie Tahari and a I tried a dress I really like size 4 (UK 8) and it fits well. So, excuse me about the weird headless picture or the mess in the dressing room - but this is me today on my lunch break, feeling good about myself trying my new dress! I am not going to worry about weight loss but will continue focusing on healthy happy lifestyle as it's working great. There is always room for improvement, but 18lbs weight loss is a lot for someone my size and to be honest I feel I look like a healthy 38 year old woman! I love 70 % off sales

2016-07-06%2014.19.20-1-1_zpshv5ebfzp.jpg

Last year this time nothing was fitting me, i spend my summer crying my eyes out in hospital corridors drenched of fear. I sow no life without fear, no light in the end of the tunnel. I spend my summer looking like crazy woman, wearing baggy clothes & unbrushed hear and crying and on off. I felt so sad, old, fat and ... done.

I am so grateful I feel alive and happy again. I won't stress over weight loss. It will happen when it happen and if it doesn't happen - well I am ok with it too.

You look absolutey stunning in that dress!!! And if you end up finding out that that weight is your happy weight, nobody will ever think you should lose some weight! (I know oneself always has different opinions than the general public about things like that and that's ok! Just wanted to point out that you look amazing and THIN!).

Dang, Woohoo Wednesday again already! Let's see... 3 of the past 5 days have been good eating days.
I got new hiking boots and may or may not be going on a hike this weekend. My brother invited me to go camping and I was going to go but then realized this weekend is the neighborhood summer fest, which I would completely miss. So when I told him I'd just go up Saturday for a hike he said he hadn't decided for sure if he was going. Then why did you invite me to go, I asked myself silently in my head...
I got 14,000 steps in yesterday so now only have about 2000 more to catch up for my low steps Monday.

Have a great woohoo-able day everyone!

I'm celebrating that I got everything done last night that I planned on doing, including my run! Also the scale is moving in the right direction. I know its mostly water weight but thats ok, I'll take it!

Ice cream from Gibson Girl in a waffle cone with sprinkles on it!

July 6th - Woohoo Wednesday!
giphy.gif

It's time to celebrate... it's woohoo Wednesday!

In keeping with tradition, we will pause our Disneyland Tour on Wednesdays to take time to celebrate YOU.
We've made it to the middle of the week and now we brag about the good things that have happened!
No accomplishment is too big or too small and can be about anything you like.

So I started this crazy running adventure through Rock n Roll this year in an attempt to prepare myself for runDisney races, since the time limits are strictly enforced. More specifically, I really wanted to do the Princess Half Marathon Weekend in 2017 and yesterday I accomplished the first step of my end goal by getting into the race through the Annual Passholder Registration Day! To make this even more special, we found out that the princess theme for the month is actually Belle --- my favorite princess. So I'm running the 5K and the Glass Slipper Challenge, which is the 10K and the Half.... and this will be our first time going to WDW without tickets. :D

It is a small victory in the grand scheme of things, but I'll take it and i am so excited for this crazy weekend in February.

Bonus question:
Does anyone remember the Kitchen Sink dessert? I think the PCH grill used to serve it, but I know the Beaches and Cream ice cream parlor still does. I'd get one of those, plus a Mickey cake pop and a Mickey-shaped rice crispy treat.

Oh! And a Disneyland Churro. Nothing is better than the Disneyland versions... made fresh and so so so so so so so goooooood. Seriously. MK churros are the worst, the DL versions are much better :)

I'm celebrating my first baseball game of the summer! Most years we go to 4-5 games per summer, but last summer we didn't really start going to games until very late in the summer because of some heat waves and family drama. I thought that this summer was going to be another baseball-light summer, but when I proposed the idea of a baseball game on July 3rd, my parents were up for it, so I guess I was wrong. I'm hoping this is just the first of many games this summer.

Here are some pictures:
100_7040.JPG

100_7055.JPG

Post-Game Fireworks:
100_7097.JPG

Unlimited Mickey Ice Cream Bars. I know they're basic, but ... I love those things!

Woohoo I have great one!

3005051.JPG

You look great. I love that dress. I am glad to hear that things are much better this summer.

Woohoo Wednesday!

I don't really have anything to celebrate on the scale - my weigh-in this morning was the exact same as it was last Thursday. I haven't lost anything in a week. And even though I hate making excuses, the last week was tougher than usual with us being out of town and going out to eat for each meal.

I'm going to woohoo my runs as of late. I was worried when I got back home from vacation because I really didn't feel like running, but I started on Monday with a 5k and both yesterday and today I had good 10k runs. All were on the treadmill because of the weather here, but my times have been much better and I'm pushing myself to try speeds I've never done before. I feel like I'm really improving.

I also know that I'm going to have a big weight loss jump any day now. I'm due for one and they always seem to happen just like this when I've had a slow week on the scale. That 100 lbs mark is dangling in front of me... I just have to grab it!

------------

As for my $50 for snacks, I'm going to somehow magically have a Via Napoli pizza from Epcot delivered across the country to have at Disney Land. I'll save a couple bucks (sorry delivery person) and get a couple Mickey bars for dessert. Like @SarahDisney, I like the classics.

Bonus question:
Does anyone remember the Kitchen Sink dessert? I think the PCH grill used to serve it, but I know the Beaches and Cream ice cream parlor still does. I'd get one of those, plus a Mickey cake pop and a Mickey-shaped rice crispy treat.

We were at B&C last December and although we didn't order the Kitchen Sink, we saw a couple of them during our meal. Crazy big. My son ended up getting the Mickey Kitchen Sink Sundae where you get to keep the Mickey pants bowl. He has it as a change holder on his desk. I would definitely recommend it as a neat keepsake - I kind of want one for my desk at work.

Congrats on your Princess Half Marathon sign up!

We were at B&C last December and although we didn't order the Kitchen Sink, we saw a couple of them during our meal. Crazy big. My son ended up getting the Mickey Kitchen Sink Sundae where you get to keep the Mickey pants bowl. He has it as a change holder on his desk. I would definitely recommend it as a neat keepsake - I kind of want one for my desk at work.

I have one on my desk at work! I keep my headphones and phone charger in it! It makes me smile whenever I look at it!

Feeling depressed today, I had a 3 mile run this morning that got cut at 2.2 due to my leg hurting and my arch feeling funny. I just got new shoes and I'm wondering if they just aren't a good fit :(

It is making it really hard to think of something for woohoo Wednesday. After 3 weeks of being at my parents/Aunts (away from DH) I get to go home Friday!!! I guess I didn't gain any weight while I was away that's a pretty big accomplishment when everyone around me doesn't care what they eat.

$50 at DL to eat, I think I would get a chocolate peanut butter dipped Apple. Probably a churro cause I was curious about them since they were everywhere and @courtneybeth made them sound so good. And then to top it off The Fun Wheel drink from The Cove bar.

I totally forgot the treat part of the question. I'd have the olive and hummus plate at Spice Road, at a table right by the water, with a galllon of mint iced tea. Then I'd wander over to France and finish with an ice cream martini.

Bonus: Here we are this past April in DL!

img_9492-jpg.179592

I know I say this all the time, but you're super adorable and a fashion inspiration. LOOK AT YOU!!!! I love the picture.

@courtneybeth I just might take you up on the corral offer, waiting at the start is probably the loneliest time of the race :)

I submitted a 1:21:59 10K POT, so I have no idea where I'll be. I think that equates to around a 2:50 or 3 hour finish time??? Hoping for Corral D, Maybe E. Please don't throw me in F, as in "Fail" :P

I hope we're in the same corral and can start together.

Good morning friends!! Sorry I didn't get on the computer AT ALL overt the July 4th holiday weekend! I had the best of intentions, but sunshine and salt water and family time happened!

It's all good - you didn't miss much. No strikes given.

And finally: My boyfriend Michael arrives tomorrow! So excited to see him again!!

Woohoo I have great one!

3005051.JPG

OH MY GOSH, Giiiiiiiiirrl. You look smokin' hot!!!! Look at your tiny self. Congratulations on the dress. It's gorgeous!

Dang, Woohoo Wednesday again already! Let's see... 3 of the past 5 days have been good eating days.
I got new hiking boots and may or may not be going on a hike this weekend. My brother invited me to go camping and I was going to go but then realized this weekend is the neighborhood summer fest, which I would completely miss. So when I told him I'd just go up Saturday for a hike he said he hadn't decided for sure if he was going. Then why did you invite me to go, I asked myself silently in my head...
I got 14,000 steps in yesterday so now only have about 2000 more to catch up for my low steps Monday.

Have a great woohoo-able day everyone!

Great job in stepping it up and catching up for the week. You're doing awesome! Woot woot.

My woohoo is that I have an appointment tomorrow with the nurse who prescribes my meds and I'm doing really well so it should be a short appointment

Short appointments are the best appointments. Good luck!

Ice cream from Gibson Girl in a waffle cone with sprinkles on it!

With Mickey Sprinkles. Uh... yummy! :love:

I'm celebrating my first baseball game of the summer! Most years we go to 4-5 games per summer, but last summer we didn't really start going to games until very late in the summer because of some heat waves and family drama. I thought that this summer was going to be another baseball-light summer, but when I proposed the idea of a baseball game on July 3rd, my parents were up for it, so I guess I was wrong. I'm hoping this is just the first of many games this summer.

Your pictures were awesome. Thank you for sharing - felt like I was there.

As for my $50 for snacks, I'm going to somehow magically have a Via Napoli pizza from Epcot delivered across the country to have at Disney Land. I'll save a couple bucks (sorry delivery person) and get a couple Mickey bars for dessert. Like @SarahDisney, I like the classics.

I wish I could transport the World Showcase to Disneyland. Then I'd never have to go to Florida. Via Napoli is so much better than it has any right to be-- i mean, it's pizza. HOW IS IT SO GOOD?! Great idea! :thumbsup2

Thank you! :D It's our first and only East Coast RunDisney race for sure. Crossing Florida off my 50 states, 50 half marathons next year... no need to go back and give Mr Mouse more money.

eeling depressed today, I had a 3 mile run this morning that got cut at 2.2 due to my leg hurting and my arch feeling funny. I just got new shoes and I'm wondering if they just aren't a good fit :(

I hope your leg/foot are okay. Sending you pixue dust for a quick recovery.

Feeling depressed today, I had a 3 mile run this morning that got cut at 2.2 due to my leg hurting and my arch feeling funny. I just got new shoes and I'm wondering if they just aren't a good fit :(

It is making it really hard to think of something for woohoo Wednesday. After 3 weeks of being at my parents/Aunts (away from DH) I get to go home Friday!!! I guess I didn't gain any weight while I was away that's a pretty big accomplishment when everyone around me doesn't care what they eat.

$50 at DL to eat, I think I would get a chocolate peanut butter dipped Apple. Probably a churro cause I was curious about them since they were everywhere and @courtneybeth made them sound so good. And then to top it off The Fun Wheel drink from The Cove bar.
Sorry about the bad run! Did you get fitted for the shoes? Can you return them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter