Stroller stolen- looks like Epcot

People walk away and leave valuable items unattended all the time. I personally don't get it and wouldn't do it. But I see it all the time. Despite announcements being made in airports, people will leave bags unattended. Protect your valuable items and identification at all times. Not even WDW is exempt from dirtbags looking to capitalize on your misjudgements.

I agree with taking all your personal belongings with you. People are going to steal unfortunately. We left a bag of water in my cart while dining at Whispering Canyon at WL and someone actually took all our bottled water. I figure they must have been REALLY thirsty!

Since the video didn't offer an explanation, I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe there was some extenuating circumstance that led to her leaving everything in the stroller, especially her purse. Where the stroller was left doesn't look like it was parked in designated stroller parking for a ride. Maybe her child had to go potty RIGHT NOW and in her haste to get the child to the bathroom in time, she forgot about her purse. Or she could have left the stroller in the care of an older child who got distracted and wandered away. Or, she may have been naive and unguarded. But we just don't know...

This happened to me on our last trip. Everyone else was riding rides while DD slept in the stroller. When she woke up and I picked her up she had the worst, messiest diaper blowout. It was disgusting and we were in a crowded area. On the stroller, her and me. I didn't want to touch anything. I grabbed our handy diaper caddy and rushed her to the bathroom. In that moment, I didn't even think about my wallet. I was thinking BATHROOM. NOW. I never intentionally leave valuables unattended. I am someone who always assumes the worst will happen. I made a mistake, and thankfully my wallet (along with recently purchased park merchandise that I wouldn't have been able to bring with me anyways) was still there when I returned. And I used it to by a new shirt for myself after that horrific diaper situation :)

I am not an airhead (I mean, I hope I'm not) or naive, but sometimes in life stuff happens and we make mistakes. I agree that many, many people at WDW feel a false sense of security and are easy targets and should be more careful. But there also can be other things that happen that might cause an otherwise conscientious person to accidentally be vulnerable.

Last edited:
This is why I rent a stroller from kingdom strollers and pay the $10 for insurance. My in laws bought us a really nice uppa baby Cruz stroller. No way am I taking that to Disney. Thieves are just jerks.

I wonder if the advent of small tracking devices will start to put an end to this kind of theft happening.

I know people use bluetooth trackers, like Tile, to find their stroller in the stroller sea. This is the third stolen stroller story, at WDW, I've heard in the last 6 weeks. You'd think Disney and Orlando area law enforcement would team up using trackers and bait strollers to break up any stroller theft rings.

This happened to me on our last trip. Everyone else was riding rides while DD slept in the stroller. When she woke up and I picked her up she had the worst, messiest diaper blowout. It was disgusting and we were in a crowded area. On the stroller, her and me. I didn't want to touch anything. I grabbed our handy diaper caddy and rushed her to the bathroom. In that moment, I didn't even think about my wallet. I was thinking BATHROOM. NOW. I never intentionally leave valuables unattended. I am someone who always assumes the worst will happen. I made a mistake, and thankfully my wallet (along with recently purchased park merchandise that I wouldn't have been able to bring with me anyways) was still there when I returned. And I used it to by a new shirt for myself after that horrific diaper situation :)

I am not an airhead (I mean, I hope I'm not) or naive, but sometimes in life stuff happens and we make mistakes. I agree that many, many people at WDW feel a false sense of security and are easy targets and should be more careful. But there also can be other things that happen that might cause an otherwise conscientious person to accidentally be vulnerable.
Perhaps the um . . . remnants of that blow out were enough to deter anyone from bothering with your stroller lol.

But I thought that Disney had secret cameras everywhere and could help in situations like this?

Yeah doesn't surprise me at all. My brother and sister-in-law had their stroller stolen years ago in the MK. So this has been going on for years. Thankfully they did not have anything valuable in it. I would NEVER bring an expensive stroller to Disney or anywhere else where you had to leave it. People think Disney is exempt from "bad" people and bad things happening but I think just the opposite. What better opportunities for theifs than a crowded place where people are easily being distracted. You just need to use common sense.

But I thought that Disney had secret cameras everywhere and could help in situations like this?
Like this...
Hernando%20mom%20accused%20of%20stealing%20luxury%20stroller_1494645149648_59544069_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Florida mom accused of stealing luxury stroller at Disney, leaving family stranded

$1,800 stroller had family's keys, wallets inside

But I have to ask.... why in the name of god would you leave wallets or purses, with ID and CC's, in a stroller? Then just walk away?
A stroller - worth whatever you paid for it. You entire IDENTITY? Poor choice :(.

$1,800....whoa that's crazy price for a stroller!

Also cut the lady slack she thought she was in Disney and her stuff was safe...lesson learned on everyone's end.

Since the video didn't offer an explanation, I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe there was some extenuating circumstance that led to her leaving everything in the stroller, especially her purse. Where the stroller was left doesn't look like it was parked in designated stroller parking for a ride. Maybe her child had to go potty RIGHT NOW and in her haste to get the child to the bathroom in time, she forgot about her purse. Or she could have left the stroller in the care of an older child who got distracted and wandered away. Or, she may have been naive and unguarded. But we just don't know...

Yes probably not the best idea to leave all those things in the stroller - but as mentioned by others – giving the mother the benefit of the doubt – there may have been extenuating circumstances like having three kids and two have to go to the bathroom right away – so you just RUN – and assume or HOPE that everything will be ok....

Y'all give this woman too much credit. According to the multiple stories there was no emergency. She was on a ride with her family. I'm sorry, that's just ignorant. You're begging to be a victim at that point.

This is nothing new. During our first trip to WDW in 2004 we noticed a woman complaining to a security person complaining that her purse had been stolen from her stroller. Just ignorant. That doesn't make what happened any less wrong but, like I said, you're begging to be a victim.

Now, with all that said...I know the girl who stole the stroller. Needless to say, all of us who know her are stunned. She's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. She's not a monster and she's a great mom (well, if you ignore the whole using her daughter in the ruse thing). And, believe or not, she loves everything Disney. With that said, I find what she did abhorrent and sickening. According to the stories coming out, this probably wasn't her first time judging from the stuff she's sold previously.

Like I said, she's a nice person. I've never seen her be mean or have cross words with anyone. She obviously has a problem. This is going to be a really, really rough lesson for her to learn. Hopefully she gets the help she obviously needs.

And I promise you this won't be the last time somebody has something valuable stolen from a stroller at Disney. There are too many people in this world that are absolutely bound and determined to not use the brain that God gave 'em and not use common sense. Common sense is a commodity that's sorely lacking in the world today.

Speaking of common sense...who in their right mind spends $1,800 on a stroller?!

Last edited:
Just as important, don't leave easily snatchable food in your stroller either. My husband and I watched a flock of birds pick strollers clean in the AK stroller corral. They were flying off with baggies of crackers and Cheerios. We were too far away to do anything, but watch the birds capture their prizes.

I was wondering where the thread was about the stroller being stolen at Disney- it's all over the local news here in Orlando. The lady lost everything and her husband had to fly out to rescue her and had to go home the next day. Disney found a pic of the woman pushing her stroller and the thief tried to sell it on Facebook. I would have thought everybody would be chatting about this today since it's on every news broadcast here.

This was covered and discussed at length on the "other board", lol. I'm glad they caught the thief and let this be a lesson to everyone that just because it's Disney, doesn't mean you're immune to real world problems.

Now, with all that said...I know the girl who stole the stroller. Needless to say, all of us who know her are stunned. She's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. She's not a monster and she's a great mom (well, if you ignore the whole using her daughter in the ruse thing). And, believe or not, she loves everything Disney. With that said, I find what she did abhorrent and sickening. According to the stories coming out, this probably wasn't her first time judging from the stuff she's sold previously.

Like I said, she's a nice person. I've never seen her be mean or have cross words with anyone. She obviously has a problem. This is going to be a really, really rough lesson for her to learn. Hopefully she gets the help she obviously needs.

The common story from friends and family that "she's a nice person, except when she's committing multiple awful acts" is cliche at this point.
If she is a great person, she will plead guilty to the grand theft, serve her prison time, agree to CPS monitoring her future parenting for a time, and reimburse EVERY single family that she stole from or sold a stolen item to while also individually apologizing to each person (by written note, at a minimum). That's actually being contrite, owning your acts, and admitting you have a problem and committing to a wholesale behavioral change. Til that happens, she'll just be another criminal who got caught and now uses the "I have a problem" defense to try to get out of the punishment...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter