Stroller stolen- looks like Epcot

freediverdude

Was very touched by the Tapestry of Dreams parade
I was wondering where the thread was about the stroller being stolen at Disney- it's all over the local news here in Orlando. The lady lost everything and her husband had to fly out to rescue her and had to go home the next day. Disney found a pic of the woman pushing her stroller and the thief tried to sell it on Facebook. I would have thought everybody would be chatting about this today since it's on every news broadcast here.

I was wondering where the thread was about the stroller being stolen at Disney- it's all over the local news here in Orlando. The lady lost everything and her husband had to fly out to rescue her and had to go home the next day. Disney found a pic of the woman pushing her stroller and the thief tried to sell it on Facebook. I would have thought everybody would be chatting about this today since it's on every news broadcast here.

Hadn't seen the story, but thief is an idiot - selling on Facebook will now give an easy way to track his/her ID and find the items (and charge him/her).

Although leaving everything in a stroller is also not the brightest move. Anything you can't afford to lose (like wallets/license/keys/phone) should always be on your person...it's one thing to leave a bag of bottled water and snacks and clothes changes in a stroller...it's another to leave things that force your spouse to fly out to save you...

I saw mention of this on a FB group...this was the really expensive stroller right? I think a bugaboo? Did they catch the thief yet?

Hadn't seen the story, but thief is an idiot - selling on Facebook will now give an easy way to track his/her ID and find the items (and charge him/her).

Although leaving everything in a stroller is also not the brightest move. Anything you can't afford to lose (like wallets/license/keys/phone) should always be on your person...it's one thing to leave a bag of bottled water and snacks and clothes changes in a stroller...it's another to leave things that force your spouse to fly out to save you...

I agree. It's an unfortunate event, but something that could've been prevented. With that said, I'm hoping they catch the thief and quickly. It's a pretty low down thing to do to steal someone's stroller especially when they are at Disney World trying to show their kids a good time.

I was going to say, let this be a lesson for everyone, please don't leave your purse and wallet on a stroller while going on rides. If your expensive stroller gets stolen, yes that's bad but at least it wouldn't immediately end your vacation.

We had someone in our 24-hour Disney Day thread have their stroller stolen, and sadly it had their child's comfort items. And a camera case (or the camera itself) that had a memory card with pictures from their day. Wallets, purses, etc., though inconvenient to have stolen, can be replaced. It's the sentimental things that are tough... Such a terrible feeling to be robbed.

What a shame but I have to wonder what she was thinking? or not thinking? I took my 2DS by myself many times and while it would stink losing the stroller , losing their pacifiers, blankies, cameras would be so much worse. It could be a handful with 2 little ones but I would never have lft anything personal it the stroller.

This is why I try to never own something anyone else would want. :snooty:
I like your style! :rotfl:

For the longest time, I always brought a broken tripod with me to Disney. I could leave it in the old Graco stroller basket and not worry about the stroller OR the tripod! If either disappeared, it wouldn't have been a big deal at all.

This is why I put duct tape (designed with mickey or colors) all over the side bars, Disney stickers wherever I can fit them, a LOT of ribbons tied in knots decorating the handles etc, and I write our name with permanent marker in different spots. My kids are embarrassed by it, but it wont be taken AND it's easy to spot in a cluster of strollers. IF it would be taken, it wasn't expensive, and I would feel slight satisfaction in the work they'd have to go thru to clean it up. :teeth:

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that you would ever get your stroller stolen at Disney. I would have thought situations like that would have been a case of stroller "mistaken identity" since so many look alike there. Alas, it appears that there are people in this world that would sink that low, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I agree that it is silly to keep anything of value in the stroller. All we keep in it are water, snacks, and night time clothing for the cool days. If a low life thief really wants that stuff so badly, they can have it.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that you would ever get your stroller stolen at Disney. I would have thought situations like that would have been a case of stroller "mistaken identity" since so many look alike there. Alas, it appears that there are people in this world that would sink that low, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I agree that it is silly to keep anything of value in the stroller. All we keep in it are water, snacks, and night time clothing for the cool days. If a low life thief really wants that stuff so badly, they can have it.
A friend of mine had her stroller stolen in the MK 5 or 6 years ago. It does happen. And probably will continue to happen.

If you wouldn't leave your wallet and keys in a stroller anywhere else, why would you think it is ok at Disney World? I feel sorry for the lady, but goodness, airhead is the nicest term I can think of. Thieves are everywhere! $100 ticket to the park is nothing if you can steal a few strollers and make a few thousand off of them.

I'm a little baffled by the phrase, "her husband had to fly out to rescue her". What on earth does that mean? If she needed new documents or something they could be express shipped in much less time than it would take a person to book a flight out, and it would be expensive, but less than a flight. If she was left penniless there's still a thing called money transfers out there. The fact that the husband could book a last minute flight says to me that the theft didn't leave them penniless. And why would it force you to fly home the next day? Booking new flights would cost way more than keeping your original reservation and it's not like there are paper tickets to lose any more. It would be awful to lose all your stuff and a huge inconvenience but the idea of needing a man to come and "rescue" you from something like this is bizarre to me.

http://nbc4i.com/2017/04/22/florida...media-to-find-stroller-stolen-at-disneyworld/

She had no keys to drive her car and I doubt you can leave those in the MK parking lots overnight...and a Miami to Orlando flight can be done way faster than shipping the docs, especially if mom also had no money, no CCs, and no ID. You can't transfer money if you have no way to prove it's you to pick it up. And even if the hotel payment could wait, with no likely food in the room and no money, kids have to eat...and you also can't drive the car (even if you got the keys) without your license...

She probably went home to start working on replacement cards, and since hubby had to drive since she had no license (and he probably had to work, so couldn't take more than the day off)...it's a royal pain to replace a license, especially if you don't have a passport or something equally good for ID waiting at home...

This is why I put duct tape (designed with mickey or colors) all over the side bars, Disney stickers wherever I can fit them, a LOT of ribbons tied in knots decorating the handles etc, and I write our name with permanent marker in different spots. My kids are embarrassed by it, but it wont be taken AND it's easy to spot in a cluster of strollers. IF it would be taken, it wasn't expensive, and I would feel slight satisfaction in the work they'd have to go thru to clean it up. :teeth:

That is an awesome idea!

Since the video didn't offer an explanation, I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe there was some extenuating circumstance that led to her leaving everything in the stroller, especially her purse. Where the stroller was left doesn't look like it was parked in designated stroller parking for a ride. Maybe her child had to go potty RIGHT NOW and in her haste to get the child to the bathroom in time, she forgot about her purse. Or she could have left the stroller in the care of an older child who got distracted and wandered away. Or, she may have been naive and unguarded. But we just don't know...

Getting robbed feels horrible, so I feel for this family.

We also fell into the "use a stroller that no one will want" category. We used a very old umbrella stroller in WDW for our boys. Had someone stolen it, we might have actually laughed. Seriously, if someone needed our stroller badly enough to risk jail for it, they are welcome to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter