Spectacular September - September 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

The weekend is not off to a great start health wise. Ended up getting burgers for dinner last night. Got some less than great news about my mother's health and was not feeling cooking. But on the plus side since I am trying to be more focused on mindful eating I ate exactly the amount I needed to...no more no less. And went the lettuce roll instead of bun route...that totally makes it a salad right?

DH is closing our pool this weekend. I have to work for a little bit tomorrow morning than it's football time!

The weekend is not off to a great start health wise. Ended up getting burgers for dinner last night. Got some less than great news about my mother's health and was not feeling cooking. But on the plus side since I am trying to be more focused on mindful eating I ate exactly the amount I needed to...no more no less. And went the lettuce roll instead of bun route...that totally makes it a salad right?

DH is closing our pool this weekend. I have to work for a little bit tomorrow morning than it's football time!
Absolutely anything involving lettuce can be considered a salad.

I got 5/10 on the quiz, not all that bad considering I really don't watch Disney movies.

The +1 pound from all the food eaten in PT was gone from the scale this morning, so yah for that. It is going to be hot and smoky today, there are a couple forest fires burning in the Cascade Mountains, so I'm re-thinking what is going to get accomplished. All the windows need to be closed, so it is going to get pretty toasty in the house. The office is already switched over, but the bathroom paining will have to wait. Trying to think of where to go for lunch that would have air conditioning.

Well the scale only showed a one pound gain for the week and I am thankful for that because I felt like I just made stressed out bad decisions all week--and knew I was doing it and did it anyway!

Last night we went to Music Man performed by a local community group. We had fun. This morning we had to drive the two hours to my parents' house because last weekend we forgot the two boxes of fruit we purchased. :headache: Got back in the early afternoon and have been pretty lazy. It's hot and super smoky so just staying inside. I finished my book and did a few little things--like posted something I no longer need on a no buy facebook group. Really hoping somebody wants it!

Happy Anniversary @PAsFab5

I missed Encanto…haven’t seen; Onward…never heard of it lol; and Ratatouille which is weird because I saw it…

I am rusty with all things Disney, not having been to WDW since 2018 and Disneyland in 2019. Plus, I don’t have any Disney crazed littles in the family right now. That will change with grandchildren one day, but in the meantime, I am concentrating on other travel destinations. I am hoping that by the time we return, Bob Chapek will be long gone and things will be better.

The smoke really set in late yesterday, it looks better this morning but isn't expected to clear until tonight. I did get quite a few things done yesterday and was thinking the same for today but the house really didn't cool off over night, so today is going to be a day of leisure.

I'm going to make another trip to down to the danger zone - Home Goods and The Container Store. I need a big basket to put my Bearable weighted blanket in and some under the bed storage containers. I have a hair appt today and would like to get a nice lunch somewhere. Other than that I think it is going to be sitting in front of the fan, knitting, reading and/or watching tv.

Self love and self care are basically interchangeable, so that’s a perfect graphic.

I’m baking healthy brownies right now, and later apple oatmeal cinnamon crumb swirl muffins. I baked a lot over the summer, and I want to continue that on weekends.

Got all the peaches canned today and all the pears that were ripe.
Got laundry washed, hung on the line to dry, and put away.
Got rid of two items on my no buy group (well one is still sitting on the porch and I really wish she'd come get it!).
Got some oddball things done. One project I'd really like done DH needs to help and he's been putting it off. Finally got him to agree to do it tomorrow night.
The smoke is still around but not nearly as thick!
Have been pretty good about not stressing out about work this weekend, but it's starting to creep in as people text me to say they may not be there tomorrow!!! If I can just keep all those work thoughts away for 12 more hours when I'm officially on the clock!
I plan to have a better eating week this time!!! Now if I only had meal plans for my dinners...

The skies are much clearer this morning and it is nice and cool, so the windows are open and the house is breathing again. Today is my first day working in the rearranged and cleaned up office and it feels good. In the feng shui map my desk is now sitting in the career and knowledge areas, which seems like a solid choice.

I'm down another pound, so -3/15. It is 12 weeks until vacation, so if I can continue to lose -1 pound per week I'll reach my goal, but that means I need to be maintaining the 500 calorie deficit between intake and output which in turns means getting going with the walking. So that is my motivation for this week... walk, walk, walk.

Good for you @Oneanne i am proud of you for sticking to your routine and getting closer to your goals!!!

It’s hard to believe it’s the second Monday of September!! Motivation this week is Sundays homemade sweet and sour chicken and fried rice for DHs birthday! Oh and homemade chocolate chip cookies…going to be good all week and enjoy my meal and my kids company on Sunday!!!!

I did a quick walk around the block today at 10am-it takes 6 minutes. I always say I am going to do it every hour in the morning, but I never do. Did a 30 minute YouTube HITT on my lunch break and now it’s absolutely pouring outside so I am glad I didn’t plan on my exercise being walking after work today!!!

I hope everyone’s Monday is going great!

D0AE2DF6-9DF6-4E59-AAA0-54811FC34870.jpeg

Happy Tuesday Friends!!!!

Fun fact-today is Kids Take Over Kitchen Day!!

Question for the group-do any kids in your family cook? I am always fascinated by the childrens cooking shows and I can’t believe how good some of these kids are!!

DD is a good baker and she’s never afraid to try a recipe out so I am proud of her for that! DS2 makes meals for himself, he was into fitness and weight lifting from the age of 12 to now so he is constantly on a low carb/carb load/protein only type of diet plan and meal preps all his own stuff. DS1 specialty was always ramen noodles lol!

None of my nieces of nephews are into baking or cooking just yet-but they are all 8 and under so maybe we will have a famous chef soon!!

Make this Tuesday a great one!

No kids in my household, so I can only answer for myself growing up. For some reason my Mom didn't make an effort to teach us kids how to cook, not sure why. But I did do a lot of baking starting as a pre-teen, a favorite that I made all the time was a Bisquick Coffee Cake. And for the first moon landing I made a moon cake by baking the cake in a bowl, it looked pretty good but was dry as dry can be.

After a couple weeks of very little coughing I've had couple rough days. I've been having oatmeal for breakfast and thought to look it up for lectin and sure enough oatmeal has it, even tho cooking should break it down. So no more oatmeal for me. I also noticed that pistachio nuts do not have lectin - halleluiah! I bought a bag and will test them this afternoon, it will be so nice to be able to have them.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter