Spectacular September - September 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

I love to read, but it has to be an actual book. I love to hold a book in my hands and the smell of a new book. My favorite adult authors at the moment are Elin Hildebrand and Janet Evanovich. My favorite children authors are Eric Carle and Dr. Seuss.

WOO HOO! It’s hump day.

WOO HOO! Other than my very disturbed violent student, the majority of my students are darling…naughty, but darling.

WOO HOO! I have an elderly classroom volunteer who will be working in my classroom every morning.

WOO HOO! Even though there’s many obstacles this year, it’s better than the last two so far.

I'm thankful for the time up here in Port Townsend the last couple days, even tho it hasn't quite panned out the way I thought it would. We heard Tuesday that everyone is to return to the office two days a week, so that meant moving up here while I'm still working wasn't going to be an option. I started to think about really committing myself to being where I am and what that would mean, what I would do etc. Wednesday we heard from our leadership that the two days didn't apply to Tech, since we're a dispersed model, but the thought process I went thru prior to that, about staying put for a while longer, still seems valid. So I'm thankful for that.

I am going to start going in to the office Wednesdays, because enough people who are working on the project I am part of are in Seattle and going in on Wednesdays, so it makes sense. And I think it will be really good for me to get out of the house on a regular basis, so I'm thankful for making that decision.

And I've decided to go ahead and get a new car sometime in the next six months. I'm hoping that there might be some deals, or at least better availability, towards the end of the year if the cautions about a recession continue, or we actually start to have one. And I'm also thankful for having made that decision.

Are you a reader? Do you have a favorite genre, a favorite book or books, and how about a favorite author? Are you currently reading something, or have some recommendations?

I am not a reader and I really do not like reading. It never came easy to me. Every once in awhile something will catch my eye. For awhile it was everything about the Kennedy's, then I read the stories of Elizabeth Smart and the ones from the 3 girls that we kidnapped and held hostage here in Cleveland. I thought that maybe I just liked real life stories but then I like the 50 shades series and then the last year and half I have been reading the Bridgeton series. I have 1 more book to read and I just haven't found the time to read it. I think as winter comes I will have more time and will finish it then. There are other books not in this series but tied to it that I would like to read too.

Last winter when DD was really sick and I was worried so much I realized I need to start taking a lunch break and take time for me because I had none. I would read here at work. We have a common area (shared with the building) that have these really comfortable seats. I would take my shoes off and bit my feet up and read a chapter in my book. I think this was the best thing I could have done. I felt like I was able to handle anything that was coming because I gave myself a break and lost myself in the book. I felt more recharged.
I love to read, but it has to be an actual book

This is true for me as well, I've never taken to e-readers and love actual books.

I have to have the book too. I have tried the e readers and I just didn;t like it. It didn't feel right I guess.

Woohoo Wednesday -- DD got cleared yesterday to play. It is a woohoo but now I get to worry about her getting hit in the head again.

Thankful Thursday -- I am thankful for DH and a friend at work. Some benefit stuff got messed up (nothing big) and was going off the dead end. I was able to talk with both of them and they talked me down from losing it and taking things further then they needed to.

WOW this week has flown by!!!

My WHOO-hoo yesterday-DD got a second interview at Chick Fil a! Her first was yesterday and they called her for a second, with the store owner, tomorrow! It will be her first job if she gets it!!

WHOO-hoo soccer was cancelled last night and I sat on the sofa and watched 2 hours of tv and was in bed by 9pm! Magical!!

Thankful Thursday, thankful I picked my foster up at lunch and he seems to be settling in ok! He panicked a bit for a few hours but he’s snoozing away now! He is deaf and his vision is limited so I know this is scary for him but he’s doing well!

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!!

I'm thankful for some nice, cooling, weather. After the summer heat and flooding rain of the weekend it was nice to have dry night where you could feel autumn in the air.

Thankful for autumn inspire coffee...cold brewed caramel apple with a splash of skim milk is a great start to the day.

Thankful for the lovely example of Queen Elizabeth, though she had her faults as all leaders do she was a wonderful example of a woman who lead by courage and compassion.

I had big dinners, with dessert, both nights up at PT but fortunately not much damage shows on the scale this morning.

Part of the plan to rededicate myself to living here for a couple more years is to do a complete fall clean out and reset, so I'll be working on that this weekend starting with finishing the bathroom and the office. I need to catch up on exercise minutes, because I did not get out for walks in PT as planned, so need to get out and get moving over the weekend.

And there will be reading, because I bought two books at the little PT bookstore.

Happy Friday!!!

DD got a job offer after her interview today!! The interview took over a hour so I was hoping that was a good sign!

The manager was going over DDs references with her and just as they were discussing her youth group leader-he walked by the table with his family and a tray of food!! DD said-oh my gosh there he is now! So the manager spoke to him in person about DD so I think that helped seal the deal! She is SO happy!

After that we have spent all day doing homecoming preparations-last minute items, manicures, pedicures, clothes for the homecoming game tonight…ahhhhhh! Glad to be home!

Tomorrow is soccer in the morning and then homecoming pictures at 6 and the dance from 7-9. It is also DHs and I’s anniversary but we were be celebrating a different day!

Sunday DH and I have a class at church in the morning and then 0 plans the rest of the day-hooray!!

Hope everyone had a great start to their weekend so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter