September 2023 W.I.S.H. 🍂Fabulous Fall 🍁

I love going to see movies - we saw the Agatha Christie movie - A Haunting in Venice tonight. It was pretty good - not my favorite, but I enjoyed it.

My favorite genre would probably be fun romantic shows - I also love Tom Hanks. One of the previews tonight was for a new Meg Ryan movie that I thought looked really good. It's called What Happens Later, also starring David Duchovny.

I didn't see many movies in the theater as a kid - we've talked about how much that's changed. Now there are so many movies targeted to kids and that just wasn't the case when I was growing up. My favorite movie as a teenager was the Outsiders. I was in love with that movie and all of the actors lol! I read the book over and over after seeing the movie! After all these years, I can still recite the Nothing Gold Can Stay poem from the book/movie!

I think DH and I are going to join AMC A-list next weekend if we go see a movie. I've been using ticket codes from coke sweepstakes for a long time. I found a place online that I could buy them for $5 a movie, but they haven't had that promotion for quite awhile and there aren't any more tickets to buy (that I can find anyway). Since we typically see one movie a weekend, it will definitely pay for us to join the A-list. It's just a 3 month commitment to start and then month to month after that, so if we don't like it for some reason, we can get out of it pretty quickly.

Ooh, excellent questions! I have some ideas, but not enough coffee to put them into words yet 😆 - Will try to remember to come back later.
Totally forgot to come back yesterday...

Do you have a favorite movie from childhood and/or one from adulthood?
I used to love Shirley Temple movies as a kid!

As an adult, it's not so much overall favorites, but specific movies I'll put on for different reasons, like -

Steel Magnolias if I need a good cry

Now & Then if I'm missing my Mom

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone if I can't shut my brain off at night

A favorite genre?
I tend to mix it up, but maybe Romantic Comedy - 50 First Dates, When Harry Met Sally, etc.

Any movies that made a big impact on you?
Till

Any favorite actors or actresses?
Julie Andrews, Helen Mirren, Maggie Smith, Tom Hanks

Any films coming out soon that you are really looking forward to?
No clue what's coming out soon

Today has officially been dubbed "back to normal day". Friday night/Saturday morning I was up until 2am for work and it really threw yesterday off... I had a lovely morning getting a pedicure and haircut, got lunch and then was totally out of it the rest of the day. The only thing I really accomplished was finally getting back to a fasting/eating schedule.

Today is going to be a normal Sunday, going out to a late breakfast, walking at the beach during low tide and working in the garden. Then I just need to finish household chores and pack, as I leave for my business trip Monday morning. I got a new small carry-on suitcase, that has a front piece that opens separately where you can put your laptop, that I'm quite excited to use.

So that's my self-care for today... be normal!

Hope everyone had a great Sunday! Today, we had our normal routine - church, lunch at my mom's and dinner at my MIL's. It was a nice day. Today, our church was taking meals to church members who don't get out much. DS and I took meals to the assisted living home that my aunt lives in. We have 3 church members there, so we took them lunch - 2 of them had forgotten about it and were already in the dining room eating, so we put them meals in their refrigerators for later. The other lady was in her room waiting for it. We visited with the three of them for a bit - stayed with my aunt for 30 minutes or so - before heading to my mom's for lunch.

It was nice and I left knowing that I really need to visit with my aunt more often.

Today, my self-care was my afternoon nap. I also made my egg bites for my breakfasts this week. My days always go better when I meal prep them on Sunday. It makes me have a good, filling, low calorie, healthy breakfast each morning that I really enjoy.

I actually love fall! I always found the beginning of a new school year exciting/energizing - a time for changes, so I try to draw on that to switch up my exercise routines.

What a good way to look at it - when my kids were younger, I always considered the school year a new beginning for sure!

I try to stay motivated because I feel like even though winter clothes tend to hide more flaws, mine also have less forgiving fabrics and waistlines, so I tend to notice it more when I'm bloated or have eaten too much. I think that helps me sometimes be more mindful of everyday choices.

I also tend to be warm-blooded by nature, so I find it easier to get outside and take my walks. I went out Saturday morning and just wore shorts and a tshirt and thought it might be kind of cold for that, but it felt wonderful. I wish I didn't have to be at work by 7 because I think I would really enjoy walking before work, but it will soon be dark when I'd have to do it. Our subdivision has no street lights, just the lights in people's yards, so it's quite dark at times.

I too love fall. We are so far north that the light really changes and the sun slants in a way that just gives me tingles and makes me happy. We're still having nice weather but the coolness and crispness is in the air. Yesterday I added watching football and knitting to my self-care list, both very fall-y things that really hit the spot. I got a new jacket that I absolutely love and can't wait to wear it for autumnal beach walks, even in the rain which is sure to start soon enough.

I'm in S Cal already and it is warm, darn it... my body is saying 'can we just land on a season and stick with it please'. It should be a fun trip tho.

Topic Tuesday--whats your favorite activity this time of year and how can you tie it to your health journey?

I love watching tennis - I'd love to start playing tennis again. Last weekend my oldest DD came over for lunch and went to play tennis with my niece. DD is 26 and played on the tennis team when she was in high school, but doesn't play too often anymore. My niece is a freshman in high school this year and is on the tennis team. She is actually quite good and has even gotten to play a couple of varsity matches. I know she was excited that DD played with her - they had a pretty good match I think, but they definitely both enjoyed it.

DD and I talked about how we should start playing together sometimes. I need to work on that happening!

Woohoo... this morning I paid off the balance of my Morocco retreat, now I have to decide about stopping in London on the way and working on airfare. She's taking her fall group there in about a week, so really looking forward to following along with them.

Woohoo... biz trip is going well, today is the big day when we start production validations, so fingers crossed it all goes well.

Woowhoo made it through some work issues without ripping out my hair!
Woowhoo I was able to schedule my biometric screening and flu shots at the work clinic so I won't get stuck waiting at cvs or walgreens half the day!
Woowhoo my follow up mam was all good news so I can breathe! Getting the call to go back was nerve wracking but glad the radiologists lean towards the side of caution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter