September 2023 W.I.S.H. šŸ‚Fabulous Fall šŸ

My asthma is being triggered by an unknown sourceā€¦perhaps allergies, and I am dealing with this headache. In spite of using both inhalers, taking mucinex, tea and honey, I was awake most of the night coughing. Then I got a bloody nose. The headache just made it worse.

So, I took all of the medication, slathered my chest with Vicks, have a heating pad on my head, neck, and back, while sipping hot tea. Other than laundry and the dishwasher, this is it for today.

Thanks everyone for your support.

View attachment 796350
This was a fun quiz!!!

Sorry I have also been absent these past few days but I have been helping family and itā€™s been keeping me busy!

Weekend plans-yesterday I took a family member to a Drs appointment in the early morning then babysat for my niece until eveningā€¦also drove DD to/from work and to/from the gym, walked at the SPCA this morning (in the POUR DOWN RAIN) I took a nap when we got home because I am just way behind on sleepā€¦

I need to back up to Thursday when DD and I were driving home around 930pm and a little dog ran in front of our car-we didnā€™t hit it but we stopped and it jumped into DDs arms, LOL of course! No collar. So I posted on Find Toby via Facebook and also alerted the staff at the spca with a photo of her incase the owners came looking for her. All night I kept getting up and checking my phone thinking I would get an answer on my found dog post but nothing overnight. I got up at 430am to get ready and head to the appointment with my family member, so I slept really terribly.

Thankfully her owner saw my post and responded about 7am so that was good! Pup was reunited with her family yesterday afternoon!

Anyways I am feeling better rested, LOL!

DD is singing with the worship team at both services tomorrowā€¦and practice before first service, so we will be at church from 830am-12pmā€¦I know there will be plenty to keep me busy before services start and in between, always things to do there šŸ˜Š

Daughter in law got a promotion Friday at work so her and DS1 invited us to dinner tomorrow night to celebrate! I just picked her up some flowers to give her tomorrow, so proud of her!

Ok everyone it was great catching up-enjoy your evening!!!
So sorry to hear things have been so stressful for you.

My asthma is being triggered by an unknown sourceā€¦perhaps allergies, and I am dealing with this headache. In spite of using both inhalers, taking mucinex, tea and honey, I was awake most of the night coughing. Then I got a bloody nose. The headache just made it worse.

So, I took all of the medication, slathered my chest with Vicks, have a heating pad on my head, neck, and back, while sipping hot tea. Other than laundry and the dishwasher, this is it for today.

Thanks everyone for your support.
Sending hugs.

Self-care today has started with a good long shower including a full body scrub and a hair mask... the works. I've been puttering around the house picking things up, wiping things off and doing laundry. This afternoon will be spent cuddling up on the sofa watching football and working on my embroidery, but I haven't quite landed on what to do between now and then....maybe breakfast out and a stop at the nursery.

We're getting much needed rain, which should continue for several days... hello autumn. Hello cuddle up, soup and sweater weather.

@Summer2018 big hugs to you

I got Inception. Interesting choice. We recently saw Quiet Place and it was so good. Need to watch the second one, but like others, I need to be in the mood for something intense--which is actually a very rare occasion!

Sunday self care actually happened yesterday. I had a lovely visit with a girlfriend. It was so nice to sit on her porch, watch the rain and just talk and talk and talk.

Today I need to plan some meals and go grocery shopping. DH will be out of town starting Thursday for a few days so don't need to plan too much!

Over the weekend I was thinking I need to get back to parsing tasks out in to tiny bits again, because that is such an effective behavior for my ADHD, so thanks for the reminder!

Happily a switch flipped yesterday and I am back to thinking about "training" for health... so not just going for a walk (which can be optional) but training my body with walking (which can't be optional, it has to be consistent).

I finally found out how to tie your fasting schedule to your cycle, if you aren't "visibly" having a cycle any longer... map it to the cycle of the moon: starting with the new Moon do 21 days of fasting then no fasting until the next New Moon, and within those 21 days change up what you are doing. I'm getting that all mapped out, and thankfully at least got back to a 16/8 fasting schedule over the weekend, as I need to fast until 10.5. Now I need to focus on improving the quality of food I'm consuming and get back to low carb/natural carbs.

So happy to be back in the groove and back to being at home and having a regular schedule.

Last edited:
This is a great reminder-getting out of good habits is so easy to do!!

I need to keep up with my readingā€¦I am really, really trying to stay on track with my daily readers Bible. Itā€™s been going well for a few weeks, I just really need to stay with it until I am done!

The rain stopped for a few hours today, conveniently over lunch so I got 1.80 miles in during my 30 minutes, so not too shabby for a in office day! Happy to be working at home the rest of the week šŸŽ‰

View attachment 796663

View attachment 796662

What healthy habit can you make easier to start this week?
Iā€™m a true procrastinator. I agree that just taking the first step is very powerful.

Today was the first day since my stress headache started that I didnā€™t need Advil or Tylenol. I have been focusing on my asthma and have had no choice but to relax. Hopefully my asthma improves this week and my headache doesnā€™t return when I go back to school tomorrow. I already know that itā€™s going to be nuts, so Iā€™m going to try not to take it all so seriously. I canā€™t control the overcrowding and the other outrageous things going on right now. Now is not the time to try to be the perfect kindergarten teacher.

I just need to survive right now.

I had my biometric screening last week. And while the numbers associated with my blood draw were great the ones associated with my weight were not.
So I need to get back at it with consistent baby steps.
15-20 ounces of water before coffee then another 40 ounces before any other flavored drinks. Also plan dinner for tomorrow night before I plan my lunch so I can compensate for a heavy calorie dinner with a lower calorie lunch. Tomorrow's lunch is ramen noodles (no seasoning packet) with zucchini/squash/corn/cheese saute. Decent choice considering dinner is mac and cheese no?

Great reminder - Little steps are a great way to begin anything worth doing!

I sometimes "trick" myself by asking myself if I'd rather do something tomorrow than right now. The answer is always no (usually I'd just rather not do it lol) - but that usually motivates me to just go ahead and do it.

I also try to remind myself that so many things take sure a small amount of time and that I shouldn't overthink everything. For example, which my breakfast is warming in the microwave, I can empty the dishwasher - it takes me under 3 minutes to unload - so why I put it off, I don't know!

I'm again going to try to get my walking habit going. I've been doing it about half of the evenings, so better than I did last month, but I've got a long way to go

Great thoughts!!

I had this all ready to post this morning for Topic Tuesday and got distracted, so here it is a little late:
Delay the Binge.jpg

Do any of you use any of these delay strategies to distract yourself from non-hunger-based eating?

I definitely use chewing gum, but I'm thinking of trying painting my nails - two good things for the price of one!

What about the healing strategies?

I think I pretty much subscribe to most of those. I'm a firm believer in not completely restricting whole categories of food (baring allergies, of course!) and am OK with having just a little bit of something I want.

Do any of you use any of these delay strategies to distract yourself from non-hunger-based eating?

I try to distract myself. I used to chew gum pretty regularly - not even so much for non-eating purposes, but just because I liked it. I have thought about buying gum again, but I think I'd feel funny chewing it at the office. Maybe I wouldn't, but I'm just not sure. I just I won't know unless I try it.

What about the healing strategies?

I think all of these strategies are great - I don't honestly know that I will ever be an intuitive eater. I think I will always have to think about what and how much I eat. I'm ok with that though, because the longer I do it the easier it seems with much less effort.

Delaying strategies... I consciously delay by drinking water, but unconsciously I delay just by my ADHD wandering tendencies, as in I'll head to the kitchen to get something to eat but get sidetracked. All of the things noted for healing are good, I think I mostly use allow all foods (the primary reason I stopped keto, it was too restrictive), listen to my body and eat enough.

Woohoo... we got our bonus payouts for the first half of the year and it was really good. Now I need to get really serious about getting a new car.

Woohoo... I got myself a wipe-off magnetic calendar to put on the fridge and mapped my fasting cycle for the rest of Sept and Oct. I want to try and do a 24 hour fast in the current fasting period, which goes to 10.4, but my food quality choices are still so far off that it will be more of a challenge than it needs to be, so we'll see.

Woohoo... Sunday is the big trip to the fancy pumpkin farm, and the forecast is for mostly sunny! I'm trying to really think about what I want to get because it is so beautiful and there is so much to choose from it can be very over whelming.

1695825324267.png

OK, one more pumpkin pic because omg, so gorgeous:

1695825739347.png

This photo comes from a story about the farm that was in Martha Stewart Living mag a few years back... my Niece learned about the farm thru that story and I learned about the farm because I follow the photo journalist who wrote it on IG.

Pumpkins make me happy.

Last edited:
My WooHoo for today is that yesterday went well! We have a yearly outing for all of the admins and yesterday was it!

Since I'm the head of the group, it kind of falls on me to plan it. I ask everyone for their input, but always worry (because we have some complainers lol). Anyway, yesterday we went a place called the city foundry which is an old factory that they've turned into an entertainment center. They have a food court type place with some very nice choices and then we played putt putt golf at a place they have called the PuttShack. It turned out to be a fun day for all I think!

I'm sure I mostly worry for nothing, but I'm always WooHoo-ing when it's over!

I am big into delaying tactics! Nail painting, reading, watching a YouTube video, having a sweet beverage (flavored water or diet soda). If after all those things I still feel like I need to eat something I will because obviously my body is craving it as opposed to eating out of stress or boredom.

Woowhoo my MIL picked up DD from school and had a quick chat with her teacher: re her stubborn streak. Teacher told MIL DD went potty at school (a first) and is "very bright." MIL just kind of said oh yeah she's smart and the teacher came back with "no...she is VERY BRIGHT." This made me feel so good...like I know intuitively she is a smart cookie but it's nice to have someone outside the family see and validate my feelings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter