Free laundry at the DVC cabins when using DVC points?

lawgator

Pixie Dust Catcher
Anyone know if we will get free use of the laundry machines at the Comfort Station near the new DVC cabins when staying on DVC points? How would this work?

I imagine it will be the same as DVC members staying in studios at the other resorts. Open the door of the DVC laundry room with MB or room key, use the machines there.

I imagine it will be the same as DVC members staying in studios at the other resorts. Open the door of the DVC laundry room with MB or room key, use the machines there.
That makes sense, except that at the Comfort Stations at Fort Wilderness all the campers in a the campsites can use the laundry at whatever Comfort Station they want. There will also be a lot of folks staying that are paying cash for the cabins until they are all declared to the DVC inventory. I guess we'll find out after July 1 when they open.

That makes sense, except that at the Comfort Stations at Fort Wilderness all the campers in a the campsites can use the laundry at whatever Comfort Station they want. There will also be a lot of folks staying that are paying cash for the cabins until they are all declared to the DVC inventory. I guess we'll find out after July 1 when they open.
I imagine there could be designated DVC and cash guest laundry rooms, as there are at the combined DVC / cash resorts.

There are comfort stations in almost all the camping loops with machines and dryers. Typically campers only use the machines within the loops they are in. It would not be convenient to use the machines in the cabin loops since there is quite a bit of distance between the two...

Also, most motorhomes, and some trailers now come with their own washer/dryers, so if campers have them, they will use their machines. I know we do...

Since we are also DVC members, but have never used the "public machines" in other resorts (have only used the machines in the 1 or 2 BR's), do they take coins, or are they operated with a credit card by a wall mounted pay station? The ones in the campground operate this way. If so, then they could utilize the magic band or room key to start the machines with a "I'm staying on DVC points" designation.

Maybe one of the two ways it's handled at the other DVC resorts with a shared laundry room. I'm not sure if the Ft. Wilderness laundry room is coins or card.

At Aulani, there's one laundry room for DVC and non-DVC guests. They gave us coins at check-in to use in the machines. At Disneyland, in the Discovery tower, my BIL paid to use the machines, but we later heard you can ask for a card at the front desk to use the laundry machines for free.

No coins at the Fort, only cards... They are operated similar to laundry rooms in a college dormitory... There is a wall mounted pay station that controls all the washers and dryers. You can use an app called "LaundryView" to monitor the progress of your machine(s).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter