ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Staying January 2, 2018. Rates are very high right now. When can I expect them to drop? When can I expect AP rates to come out? Should I expect rates to drop?

Rates change at anytime

Suggest you email UO (address in sticky) and ask them how soon or Far out do they adjust room rates when about one year out

Also contact loewshotels.com

With new things coming into the parks, we can only guess

This is a great thread! I'm thinking we will most likely stay here in November, we are very excited!!

I'm staying during a peak holiday time, over Thanksgiving weekend. I have also noticed that the rates seem higher compared to what I'm reading people usually pay. I was thinking I would wait to see if any discounts came out, but is that silly to hope for? Is it normal for a peak weekend to cost about $400/night with no discounts? I'm also worried about waiting just because it's such a busy time, does this hotel tend to book up quickly for holiday weekends?

Thanks guys! Can't wait.

This is a great thread! I'm thinking we will most likely stay here in November, we are very excited!!

I'm staying during a peak holiday time, over Thanksgiving weekend. I have also noticed that the rates seem higher compared to what I'm reading people usually pay. I was thinking I would wait to see if any discounts came out, but is that silly to hope for? Is it normal for a peak weekend to cost about $400/night with no discounts? I'm also worried about waiting just because it's such a busy time, does this hotel tend to book up quickly for holiday weekends?

Thanks guys! Can't wait.

You aren't likely to get any Thanksgiving discounts. It is one of their busiest times.

There's always been characters around the hotels.

Info about character dining was in all the hotel stickies.........my trip reports are full of pictures of them, they are fabulous interactions with all the characters. Gru and Kevin, Scooby and Shaggy, Woody woodpecker and Simpsons are regulars in certain nights.

Glad you had such a nice time anyway.

Plus the following info from post 1 of this thread:

Character dining is fantastic here. Interaction with characters is second to none. It will vary from night to night who you will see. It can be Scooby and Shaggy, Gru and Stuart the minion, Woody Woodpecker or The Simpsons. Have seen Shrek and Fiona too. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday are the nights at the moment for these characters. Usually from 6.45 till around 9.15.

Make me wonder the following: Is there enough opportunities to meet with characters without dining at Island?
If not, is the menu/price the same on the nights with and without characters?

There are many characters in the parks where you can take pictures with them

Go to the sticky od universal character site

Read page 1 and 7
It will explain where to find characters

You will find more characters in the park than at Island Dining Room
They will only have two characters

Character dining alternates to the other hotels during the week

No additional charges for your meal when characters are present
Order off the menu

Characters walk around the dining area and visit all tables

Usually just a two hour time period that they are present

We were walking out of Jake's one night and the 2 of the characters from Despicable Me were either on their way in or out of Islands and they were quite happy to pose for pictures. So time it right and you won't have to eat at Islands (which is a lovely restaurant by the way)

Of course anyone can book CL.

If there is availability when you look at what's available then do the dummy booking and put in AP to the search.

Some folks leave it and try and upgrade at check in. Not the best idea if you really want it as there may not be availability.

My wife and I are coming to Universal for 1st time in April and staying at the RPR with our boys ages 16 & 10... Done the Disney resort thing a bunch of times already.

Regarding the mention on the 1st page here about the "little shop on level 3 that sells basic groceries, first aid items and gifts:"

Is this similar to a Disney resort gift shop/store? Looking to find out where I can get 1/2 gal. of milk for cereal in the room in the morning. I'm actually trying to figure out how to get some milk, OJ, BEER and a few other items to the room. I know Orlando Grocery Express can deliver to the UOR resorts or I can take a hike out to a Walgreens or grocery store but I'd need to probably get a cab back or bring a backpack.

Thanks in advance for any info/advice!

Hi all,
Staying at the RPR 6/21-23 for our first trip to the darkside. Then checking out and transferring to the Waldorf for the WDW portion of the trip. We are staying CL at RPR. This trip is for my son's bday. I have a weird question and also want everyone's opinion regarding my plans. Is it possible to get wine or beer any time other than the evening appetizer time?
here is my plan: Arrive on 6/21 and check in . Get our passes and hang out at the pool, wander Citywalk, and do the dessert spread in the lounge. 6/22 Use early entry and EP to enjoy the parks, possibly with some pool time mid day. 6/23 Leave the bags with bell services, use early entry and EP to enjoy the parks then head to the Waldorf to settle in there. Will this give us enough time to enjoy the parks?

Thanks!
Heather

My wife and I are coming to Universal for 1st time in April and staying at the RPR with our boys ages 16 & 10... Done the Disney resort thing a bunch of times already.

Regarding the mention on the 1st page here about the "little shop on level 3 that sells basic groceries, first aid items and gifts:"

Is this similar to a Disney resort gift shop/store? Looking to find out where I can get 1/2 gal. of milk for cereal in the room in the morning. I'm actually trying to figure out how to get some milk, OJ, BEER and a few other items to the room. I know Orlando Grocery Express can deliver to the UOR resorts or I can take a hike out to a Walgreens or grocery store but I'd need to probably get a cab back or bring a backpack.

Thanks in advance for any info/advice!

The store only has small milks, certainly not that large. It's only $5 or so for a cab to the Walgreens a few minutes away. Or there is a huge Walmart a 5 minute drive on Turkey Lake Road.

Hi all,
Staying at the RPR 6/21-23 for our first trip to the darkside. Then checking out and transferring to the Waldorf for the WDW portion of the trip. We are staying CL at RPR. This trip is for my son's bday. I have a weird question and also want everyone's opinion regarding my plans. Is it possible to get wine or beer any time other than the evening appetizer time?
here is my plan: Arrive on 6/21 and check in . Get our passes and hang out at the pool, wander Citywalk, and do the dessert spread in the lounge. 6/22 Use early entry and EP to enjoy the parks, possibly with some pool time mid day. 6/23 Leave the bags with bell services, use early entry and EP to enjoy the parks then head to the Waldorf to settle in there. Will this give us enough time to enjoy the parks?

Thanks!
Heather

You can only get wine and beer during the time evening appetisers are served. 4.30 - 6.30

Your timings depend on how much you want to do really. On the 23rd are you planning to spend the whole day at Universal before moving away?

The store only has small milks, certainly not that large. It's only $5 or so for a cab to the Walgreens a few minutes away. Or there is a huge Walmart a 5 minute drive on Turkey Lake Road.

You can only get wine and beer during the time evening appetisers are served. 4.30 - 6.30

Your timings depend on how much you want to do really. On the 23rd are you planning to spend the whole day at Universal before moving away?
That's what I was afraid of regarding the wine/beer. Was hoping for a glass of wine on arrival while unpacking. Oh well.

We plan to spend the whole day at the parks on the 23rd. The 24th will be a down day at the Waldorf. We have a cabana and will spend the day at the pool. We are primarily doing Universal for HP and Jurassic.

One more question: any options for an in room welcome for the kids? Usually I do Tink gifts, and WDW CL has always been great about putting them in our room. I'm hoping for a little extra magic, as this trip is for my son's birthday.

Hi! New here today....yikes! So much info, been reading like crazy! So many questions for this Universal newbie.

We are planning our first trip to Universal the last week in May 2017/first week in June. Booking 2 queen rooms (hopefully connecting) for myself, my husband and 3 children (ages 7, 7 and 11) and my 68 year old mom. We haven't signed on the dotted line yet, but plan do to so in the next few days. RPR is our first choice. We've been to Disney several times and can plan it with my eye closed....Universal is a new monster for me.

1. Wondering if the club level rooms are worth the extra cost? Thoughts and suggestions are appreciate!
  2. Can you visit the other resorts and use their pools without a problem? A big no-no at Disney, but heard you can at Universal.
  3. I will have to rent my mom a scooter....any services that you can recommend that would drop one off to us at RPR?

Those are the main questions off the top of my head.

Looking forward to learning from you all!

Thanks! Looks like a short cab ride to Walgreens on International Drive is the closest.

Hi! New here today....yikes! So much info, been reading like crazy! So many questions for this Universal newbie.

We are planning our first trip to Universal the last week in May 2017/first week in June. Booking 2 queen rooms (hopefully connecting) for myself, my husband and 3 children (ages 7, 7 and 11) and my 68 year old mom. We haven't signed on the dotted line yet, but plan do to so in the next few days. RPR is our first choice. We've been to Disney several times and can plan it with my eye closed....Universal is a new monster for me.

1. Wondering if the club level rooms are worth the extra cost? Thoughts and suggestions are appreciate!
  2. Can you visit the other resorts and use their pools without a problem? A big no-no at Disney, but heard you can at Universal.
  3. I will have to rent my mom a scooter....any services that you can recommend that would drop one off to us at RPR?

Those are the main questions off the top of my head.

Looking forward to learning from you all!
We never do club as we are in the parks or down at the pool or citywalk. It depends on how much you plan to use it in my opinion.
Absolutely on the pool question.
I see Walker rentals, I think that's the name, all the time. I have no experience with the ECV rentals but I see the a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter