ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Just booked second reservation for Memorial Day weekend:sad2: DS and I are doing a mommy/son trip for his elementary graduation. Originally, we were going to stay at HRH, because he loves the pool and it's so convenient. Now, with Volcano Bay opening. I thought RPR would be more convenient for the water park. That place is going to be a mad house, and I'm going to be in the thick of it:scared: For $50 more for the whole trip, I can get a club level 2 queen at RPR versus the pool view 2 queen at HRH. Since we won't have a car, I'm thinking club level might be nice for breakfast food, snacks, and probably necessary adult beverage for me:) We usually grab a quick breakfast in the room before hitting or while waiting for rope drop. I take it the club level at RPR has kids cereals. Do they have have paper/plastic plates, bowls, and utensils or even to go coffee cups? Thanks

yes club has carry out containers such as plates, cups, bowls, etc

i always would get coffee in a cup with a lid to go when i left club lounge

you will love staying club!

We are heading to the Royal Pacific next Saturday for a week. Whilst we are there it will be my daughters 14th birthday, any recommendations for something extra-special to do?

We are heading to the Royal Pacific next Saturday for a week. Whilst we are there it will be my daughters 14th birthday, any recommendations for something extra-special to do?

Character dinner/breakfast.

You can get a birthday button from front desk too.

First of all, thank you so much, Schumigirl, Macraven and others for taking your time to help us. Really appreciate it!

After reading this and other threads in regard to Universal Studios, we’ve decided to stay at RPR at club level. We won’t get a rental car but will use Tony Hinds for round trip transportation from MCO to RPR. I’m buying 4 annual preferred passes for 4 of us because we might go back next Spring break. I’m not sure how annual pass works. Does it start from the first day we use them? If this is the case, then we can still use ours by next Spring break (4/2-4/10/2018). Please let me know if it’s true.

Both Expedia and Universal resort website provide the same rate $519/night from 4/16-4/20. However if I book through Expedia, I’ll get 1.5% cash back on hotel via ebates (about $35 for a 4-night stay and some Expedia points). Are there any differences between booking with Expedia and Universal resort website? Are there any pros and cons that I should know if using Expedia?

Thank you so much for your help.

Lynn P.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, Mom3girls!
When we arrived in Aug we didn't receive any leis. But in December we did. And you get to keep your room keys so I'm assuming it will still open the gate. (I've never driven so Ive never tried that)

I read Expedia site and it looks like they own the reservation until you check into the hotel

That would mean you would go thru Expedia if any changes prior to arrival would occur, that needs to be done

Mr Mac uses Expedia but I don't
Guess I'm not comfortable with the company holding the ressie and I can't make direct contact with the hotel until checked in

If I missed my flight and would not arrive until the day after I would be checking in, I would have to contact Expedia

Ap benefits start on the first day you use it to enter the parks

It is activated on that date and valid for one year

I see for 2018, you would have a 9 day stay

With your spring trip this year, probably a multiday stay also

You will come out ahead buying the ap for all

I have the preferred ap as I use the perks it allows
Food and merchant discounts and special event ticket discounts

Check and see if power pass is an option if you want to save money
If your kids are young then this could be an option as you all would stay together

Check on black out dates for the power ap
If your time period falls within then preferred ap would work better

Thank you so much for your quick response, Macraven.
I'll book with Universal website then.
It'll be a 4-night trip for us this April (4/16-4/20) that are the blackout dates for other ap except preferred and premier ap.
We're not Florida residents and kids are in school, we can only do Spring break or summer. We prefer Spring break due to the heat during summer months.

Just booked 2 rooms club level at RPR. For family of 9. First time at Universal , been to Disney numerous times but kids are older now. Is the quick service plan worth it money wise ? Are there plenty of choices in the parks ? Should we all do the drink cups ? Are they any big shows in the parks at the end of the nights like Disney ? If so should we view them in the park or at the resort ? Thanks for the help in advance, I'm sure I will have plenty of more in the next 6 months.

since the parks are surrounded by a residential area, there is a noise ordinance involved.
this limits UO from a full out fireworks display that others have seen at disney.

there is the one event at the Studios around the lagoon with film and minor fireworks that compliments the film
it is the history of universal movies from their beginning to present.

if you are up on old movies that Universal produced, then you would enjoy it very much.
music and lights add to the film display.
not a long event but maybe 15 or so minutes.

i lose track of time when in the parks........lol

special events are done for specific holidays such as nye.

the only package, if you want to call it that, for food is the very basic one.

if i am at select eateries in the park, i buy the meal and drink and buy the coupon deal promo.

at the main potter eatery at IOA, i get the rib platter.
think it is about $18.
at check out there are signs to advertise a deal you can buy with your meal.

for $21.99 (?) this past october, i could buy the meal listed above and get two coupons to be used within 14 days.
one coupon is for a snack and the other coupon is for a beverage.

these can be redeemed at either park anytime before 14 days.

butterbeer was at $5.99 but increased one dollar this week

i would use my snack credit for the butter beer later in the week and the beverage coupon for a bottle of soda.

i came out ahead on the deal.

Louies, Monsters Cafe in the studios are two other places i remember where this can be bought when you buy a meal.
if you buy a high end meal, it is worth it.

the regular food plans i don't participate in as there has been no saving value for me.
some newbies like the basic meal plan as they don't have to carry money on them and just use the meal plan

drink cups i don't do as some rides require you to store all items in the free lockers.

since the parks are surrounded by a residential area, there is a noise ordinance involved.
this limits UO from a full out fireworks display that others have seen at disney.

there is the one event at the Studios around the lagoon with film and minor fireworks that compliments the film
it is the history of universal movies from their beginning to present.

if you are up on old movies that Universal produced, then you would enjoy it very much.
music and lights add to the film display.
not a long event but maybe 15 or so minutes.
Do you know if this is every night? What time? We're going next week and I'd love to see it! Any certain area best for viewing?

when i was last there, the cinematic spectacular varied on nights it was done.

it will be listed in the park guide maps.

i have not looked at the uo site to see if info is out for dates of showing.

maybe some reader here would have current info to answer your question.
i can only guess at this point.

i loved the show but then i loved all those older movies.

the films are broken into segment types.

screens are in the lagoon and you can view the screens from most places in the park.

my favorite viewing section is in Central Park
this is the open area in front of Mels Dinner.

the back portions of this area by the street is one of the smoking areas but have not seen smoking in the section by the lagoon during the show.

show is shown when it is dusk/dark
and at the end of the park day or close to it.

october the parks close early at the studios maybe 7:00 on the non hhn nights.

next week, it will be dark early like it does in october.
i'll be at the darkside a few nights after i leave the motherland portion of my vacation next week.
i leave this sunday.

i'll look for youse....lol

Do you know if this is every night? What time? We're going next week and I'd love to see it! Any certain area best for viewing?

Kim, this is the link from the Universal Orlando website with all the show times. Click on the link to check your dates. It's a good website and has loads of information like this on there.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Shows/Universal-Studios-Florida/Cinematic-Spectacular.aspx

There isn't really a bad place around the lagoon to see the show.......

Oh great! It's showing at 7 when we're there. We love those movies too so well definitely check it out!

Hello...Going Back for out first visit since the Park Opened.....Where can I find the Link to the Dining Plans offered (or the coupon deal mentioned above).....Going in either November 2017 or January 2018 ....Thinking January with the cooler Weather...Will be 8 Adults going ...Thank you for everyone's Help.....This looks like the hotel to stay at with the Line Passes and the lowest price hotel that offers that perk.....Would You compare this Hotel to a WDW Moderate or a Deluxe?

UO has not done free dining like wdw has

But there are some packages where dining is involved but it is more of a prepay set up when you break it all down

You do not come out ahead with that package

My sister and I will be staying at RPR for a few nights starting Feb 4th. I've booked us a Standard 2 Queen room. Is there any suggestions of request I should make for our room, a certain tower, floor, what have you or locations I should avoid. I'm sure we'll use both the walking trail and boat transportation.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter