ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

1. I will have to rent my mom a scooter....any services that you can recommend that would drop one off to us at RPR?

Any of the ECV places will drop one off but may require you to meet up with them in person to receive it. However, on Walker Mobility's website they state that they are the "exclusive provider" at the three Universal hotels. I'm pretty sure this means the same thing as with the companies that are official providers at Disney - that the ECV can be delivered to bell services at RPR without you even being there. That perk can be very handy.
I've used Walker before and am doing so again in a few months for the above mentioned reason.

Hi all,
Staying at the RPR 6/21-23 for our first trip to the darkside. Then checking out and transferring to the Waldorf for the WDW portion of the trip. We are staying CL at RPR. This trip is for my son's bday. I have a weird question and also want everyone's opinion regarding my plans. Is it possible to get wine or beer any time other than the evening appetizer time?

Thanks!
Heather

There is a site for rpr where you can order wine to be delivered to your room
Do not remember the price for it

Booze, wine selections is listed i the gifts you can preorder at rpr

If schumi does not come up with that rpr site soon, I will search for it for you

That's what I was afraid of regarding the wine/beer. Was hoping for a glass of wine on arrival while unpacking. Oh well.

We plan to spend the whole day at the parks on the 23rd. The 24th will be a down day at the Waldorf. We have a cabana and will spend the day at the pool. We are primarily doing Universal for HP and Jurassic.

One more question: any options for an in room welcome for the kids? Usually I do Tink gifts, and WDW CL has always been great about putting them in our room. I'm hoping for a little extra magic, as this trip is for my son's birthday.
The gift site for rpr besides alcohol, also has kid baskets that can be placed in your room

Ml499
The hotel has wc that guests can use in the hotel
Ecv rentals are availability at the park
I have contact info for that on the Quick Access Links in the general first forum

Renting off site is a good option also

Water taxis allow ecv and wc on the boats if you rent or bring your own

Loews YouFirst peeps used to have a separate check in but it was done away about 5 years back

Club peeps and YouFirst peeps check in at the regular lines

Thanks! I'm not a lush, but my favorite part of WDW is having a glass of wine while checking in! I may just grab a bottle at the grocery on the way.
And if I read correctly, CL guests do not have a special checkin, correct?

Sorry for all the questions!

Ask away, we're glad to help. It can be quite daunting going somewhere for the first time.

No, no seperate check in..........

I love a glass of wine too.........:)

You read my mind :D

It is already in the sticky technically, but it's within the restaurant and bars lists for RP.

So, I'll pop the link in separately on its own.......easier to find that way :thumbsup2

My wife and I are coming to Universal for 1st time in April and staying at the RPR with our boys ages 16 & 10... Done the Disney resort thing a bunch of times already.

Regarding the mention on the 1st page here about the "little shop on level 3 that sells basic groceries, first aid items and gifts:"

Is this similar to a Disney resort gift shop/store? Looking to find out where I can get 1/2 gal. of milk for cereal in the room in the morning. I'm actually trying to figure out how to get some milk, OJ, BEER and a few other items to the room. I know Orlando Grocery Express can deliver to the UOR resorts or I can take a hike out to a Walgreens or grocery store but I'd need to probably get a cab back or bring a backpack.

Thanks in advance for any info/advice!

We love RPR.

However the store there is a huge disappointment. The store and the crappy wifi are my two pet peeves with RPR. Don't depend on the store there for grocery needs as it most likely won't have what you want. It's very small and no 1/2 gallons of milk. You will also find that you can't buy beer anywhere on UO property. So a grocery run is definately in order.

The good news is you will love everything else!! It's a great resort and the staff are fantastic!!

I didn't have any issues with the wifi on my last trip there. I could always do what I needed to do (check mail, news, download podcasts etc.). I don't know what it's like if you're trying to download movies or the like as I didn't try but for everything else, it was fine.

I didn't have any issues with the wifi on my last trip there. I could always do what I needed to do (check mail, news, download podcasts etc.). I don't know what it's like if you're trying to download movies or the like as I didn't try but for everything else, it was fine.

It has the worst wifi of any hotel I've ever stayed in. They want you to upgrade to the "high speed" wifi for $10 a day. I talked to their IT department, the front desk, and made note of it in my survey. No one seemed concerned.

This was Dec 2015 for 11 nights. We were on the 7th floor of tower 2. I was trying to watch NHL hockey on my iPad and it was very frustrating. Comparetively speaking this worked absolutely fine at CSR (Disneyworld) during our 2016 and 2014 stays. They really wanted me to upgrade for $10 a day. I refused. wifi is free at every hotle I've ever stayed at and works fine with no extra charge.

Stayed there earlier this month and no issues with it

Years back can say it was not the best at times but last and this year, I was good with it

Stayed there earlier this month and no issues with it

Years back can say it was not the best at times but last and this year, I was good with it

I would say it's possible it was the room or floor that has an issue, but IT checked and said it was working to their specs. I don't feel there should even be an option for a wifi upgrade. It's not needed anywhere else I stay. This isn't an RPR policy, it's how Loews does business. I will most likely give them one more chance, but if it doesn't work better next time I won't stay there again.

I was tower 2 both times, ground floor once and floor 2 or 3 the other time. No issues at all. I was also able to get wifi by the pool.

This week im making my reservations for December 1-10...cant wait first time for a universal stay. Usually we stay at animal kingdom lodge but trying this out it will be club level and it will be a TON CHEAPER>>>>>>>>> thanks for all the info.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter