ROFR Thread April to June 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supplanter---80- 25600-300-SSR-AUG- 300/16, 300/17, 300/18- 3/28

We pay dues, seller is paying all other fees.
Waiting to hear back, crossing our fingers it was in before today.

Last edited:
YEOUCH! Just confirmed the same. Praying my deal goes through!! For someone who plans to use the points personally (as we've gone to Disney every year since 2011), this could hurt the pocket book a bit.
I just reached out to my agent at dvc resales who said she is trying to get an official yes that it was sent last week when the agreement was signed. I'm so nervous that they may have waited for the deposit to arrive to send it to disney or any other various reason to delay it a few days and I'll be out of luck on ap discounts etc...
Not the main reason we're buying it, but certainly a big bonus I'd be really sad to lose out on.

Hi everyone!

This thread can be an invaluable tool for buyers looking for some help when researching the most up-to-date prices for DVC contracts on the resale market, so I encourage everyone to post their contracts when they are sent to Disney, no matter if they are big, small, or in-between :)!

Just a reminder if you post your details: I need your username at the front and all data in the following order:

DISname---Price per point-Total cost (Price per point x # of points + Maintenance Fees to be paid at closing + Closing fees)-# of points-Home resort-Use Year-# of points available first year (banked or not),# of points current year, # of points following year, and year after that, followed by Date Sent for ROFR.

Please include any other details such as whether the seller is splitting closing or paying current year's MFs. We assume that the buyer pays current year MF and closing, so no need to add those details in writing, only to the total amount.

Then come back and post whether you passed or not. Or I will chase you down! Just kidding. But, in the spirit of helping everyone who uses this thread as a resource, please do let us know whether or not Disney waived your contract so that the data is complete.

Sample:

pangyal---$144-$33296-219-VGF-AUG-113/14, 219/15, 219/16, 219/17- sent 8/24, passed 9/16

Please note that I cannot add you if you are missing any of the above details or if your contract has not yet been sent.

Here is a link to old ROFR list threads:
January 2013 - June 2013 at the bottom of page 161
July 2013- December 2013 ROFR List
January 2014-June 2014 ROFR List
July 2014-December 2015 ROFR List
January 2015 - July 2015 ROFR List
September 2015- December 2015 ROFR List

January 2016- March 2016 ROFR List

I just reached out to my agent at dvc resales who said she is trying to get an official yes that it was sent last week when the agreement was signed. I'm so nervous that they may have waited for the deposit to arrive to send it to disney or any other various reason to delay it a few days and I'll be out of luck on ap discounts etc...
Not the main reason we're buying it, but certainly a big bonus I'd be really sad to lose out on.
Good luck, Supplanter. What I'm reading is that so long as your contract is signed before April 04th (and you get past ROFR), you will be grandfathered in & receive the benefits.

Anyone's guess if the discounts and benefits apply to purchasing DVC Member only pins & merchandise? Was looking forward to that!

Good luck, Supplanter. What I'm reading is that so long as your contract is signed before April 04th (and you get past ROFR), you will be grandfathered in & receive the benefits.
Just got word from the agent ours was received by Disney on 3/28 so were good. Now its just a matter of disney not taking it.

So....My parents got an email from their broker stating that Disney informed them this morning that my parents new contract would not be covered. I called, got a different supervisor, and told her that we had it in writing. She asked to see it so I emailed it to her. She was very upset that we were told wrong information yesterday. Disney had to receive it by Sunday April 3. She is sending us an apology letter (I told her I didn't need one) for being told the wrong thing 3 separate times by 3 separate people including a MS rep, supervisor, and DVC Guide.

They are still going forward with their purchase, as their original contract is covered.

So....My parents got an email from their broker stating that Disney informed them this morning that my parents new contract would not be covered. I called, got a different supervisor, and told her that we had it in writing. She asked to see it so I emailed it to her. She was very upset that we were told wrong information yesterday. Disney had to receive it by Sunday April 3. She is sending us an apology letter (I told her I didn't need one) for being told the wrong thing 3 separate times by 3 separate people including a MS rep, supervisor, and DVC Guide.

They are still going forward with their purchase, as their original contract is covered.

That's awful! It just goes to show that with huge changes like this, the right hand often doesn't know what the left is doing and there is so much misinformation.

But how does it matter whether their contract is covered if they are existing members? They will be eligible for all of the benefits based on their existing membership...or am I missing something :)?

That's awful! It just goes to show that with huge changes like this, the right hand often doesn't know what the left is doing and there is so much misinformation.

But how does it matter whether their contract is covered if they are existing members? They will be eligible for all of the benefits based on their existing membership...or am I missing something :)?

It's so disappointing that Disney doesn't make sure that all of their cast members are up to date on all the proper policy changes before releasing the word.

Yes, their original contract will be covered with benefits because they bought it 3 years ago.

It's so disappointing that Disney doesn't make sure that all of their cast members are up to date on all the proper policy changes before releasing the word.

Yes, their original contract will be covered with benefits because they bought it 3 years ago.
That's great, so they wouldn't have anything to worry about!

There's no way to do that without the information getting out ahead of time. The only thing I'm surprised about is that they didn't have a FAQ ready or at least a statement about pending contracts and adding on direct to a resale (i.e. 300 points resale, then add 25 direct -- would that restore the perks?)

That was my comment to the broker... I had told them I was a first time buyer. Be it as it may... Can't look back at this point. We'll see what the next month brings.

They still get their commission if Disney takes it so to them it is better to push through your accepted offer instead of suggesting that you pay more with the risk that you walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter