ROFR Thread April to June 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting closer ;)! I still need your use year. Could you please repost it in exactly this format with all costs rolled into the total:

pangyal---$144-$33296-219-VGF-AUG-113/14, 219/15, 219/16, 219/17- sent 8/24, passed 9/16
Sorry Feb UY☺️

Getting nervous Wednesday will be day 30
Hope we pass my adult children are so excited
I have a Hilton timeshare that we love this would be a great addition we got 3 dvc stays with trades into rci
We love Disney

I can't believe I just found this thread! Almost at our 30 day mark!

$83-$11117-120-SSR-APR-0/15, 120/16, 120/17-Sent 3/5
I am SOOO hoping to hear something tomorrow!!

HI Paygyal, What rules are those? I may have missed that one. Thanks!!

Just received an email from my broker to the same effect. It looks like they are disallowing resales from certain discounts such as those on food/merchandise and the annual passes, and they are not allowing resale customers to attend certain special DVC events. Hopefully they don't step up their buying to coincide with these new rules

HI Paygyal, What rules are those? I may have missed that one. Thanks!!
Here is the relevant snippet from Ken Potrock's letter to members:

"Now, effective April 4, 2016, Members who do not
purchase their ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Club will not have access to other
Membership Extras, such as exclusive Member experiences and discounts. Please know that as a
current Disney Vacation Club Member (regardless of when or where you bought your membership),
your access to Disney Differences and these additional Membership Extras will not be affected by this
policy change."

I'm sure you will all read about the details elsewhere on this board, but thought maybe people who had their contracts in ROFR would panic (as I likely would) and would want to know whether they would be affected by this change :).

Ultimately, buyers of resale contracts whose contracts are not yet at Disney for review as of April 4, 296, and all resale buyers going forward will no longer have access to any of the extras listed under Membership Benefits. This includes dining and merchandise discounts, annual pass and ticket discounts, TIW card (unconfirmed but likely), access to TOTWL (unconfirmed but likely), ability to attend member events such the Merry Mixers and Beach Bashes, and basically anything listed under the Member Benefits tab so I know I'm missing a lot here. Oh, pool hopping too.

Basically, they sent out new member cards so that they could vet the members who would have access to these privileges. No new resale buyers will be issued membership cards going forward.

Again, this doesn't affect you IF your contract is already in for review at Disney.

It seems as if access to TOTWL and Pool Hopping will still be there...at least thats what is being said on the thread about this change.

I'm hoping to hear I passed this week. I'm usually patient, but it will make a difference in our vacation plans later this year.

Here is the relevant snippet from Ken Potrock's letter to members:

"Now, effective April 4, 2016, Members who do not
purchase their ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Club will not have access to other
Membership Extras, such as exclusive Member experiences and discounts. Please know that as a
current Disney Vacation Club Member (regardless of when or where you bought your membership),
your access to Disney Differences and these additional Membership Extras will not be affected by this
policy change."

I'm sure you will all read about the details elsewhere on this board, but thought maybe people who had their contracts in ROFR would panic (as I likely would) and would want to know whether they would be affected by this change :).

Ultimately, buyers of resale contracts whose contracts are not yet at Disney for review as of April 4, 296, and all resale buyers going forward will no longer have access to any of the extras listed under Membership Benefits. This includes dining and merchandise discounts, annual pass and ticket discounts, TIW card (unconfirmed but likely), access to TOTWL (unconfirmed but likely), ability to attend member events such the Merry Mixers and Beach Bashes, and basically anything listed under the Member Benefits tab so I know I'm missing a lot here. Oh, pool hopping too.

Basically, they sent out new member cards so that they could vet the members who would have access to these privileges. No new resale buyers will be issued membership cards going forward.

Again, this doesn't affect you IF your contract is already in for review at Disney.
YEOUCH! Just confirmed the same. Praying my deal goes through!! For someone who plans to use the points personally (as we've gone to Disney every year since 2011), this could hurt the pocket book a bit.

My parents signed a contract Saturday 4/2 and it went to ROFR today. Will they be grandfathered in as well, or did it need sent in by today?

It seems as if access to TOTWL and Pool Hopping will still be there...at least thats what is being said on the thread about this change.
I'm not sure, but they could just ask to see member cards, which new buyers won't be getting. Those are up in the air.

My parents signed a contract Saturday 4/2 and it went to ROFR today. Will they be grandfathered in as well, or did it need sent in by today?
I would ask their broker, but from what I am reading, the contract would have needed to be with Disney before today's date in order to be grandfathered in. I'm sorry :(.

I would ask their broker, but from what I am reading, the contract would have needed to be with Disney before today's date in order to be grandfathered in. I'm sorry :(.
I think you are right, pangyal. As I was told, all contracts officially submitted to Disney prior to today's date will be grandfathered in. It had to have been in Disney's hands before today.

Their broker doesn't seem to know, I'm going to call MS.

Their broker doesn't seem to know, I'm going to call MS.

I just spoke with MS, a supervisor to verify, and Bernard my DVC Guide. As long as the contract was SIGNED before 4/4 they are grandfathered in. Even though it didn't get there until today, I was assured they are going by contract signed date.

I just spoke with MS, a supervisor to verify, and Bernard my DVC Guide. As long as the contract was SIGNED before 4/4 they are grandfathered in. Even though it didn't get there until today, I was assured they are going by contract signed date.
Thank you for clarifying, Coamfo!! That puts many of us at some sort of ease, but now we wait... And wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter