ROFR Thread April to June 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
By chance has anyone created a spreadsheet with all of this information? I'm thinking each resort could be its own worksheet within Excel.

If not, I might go for it -- but before I reinvent the wheel, it'd be nice to know if someone has already done the heavy lifting.
I'm getting hives just imagining doing that amount of data entry but more power to you :crazy:!

First time buyer!

aoconnor---$88-$5146-50-AKV-DEC- 50/15, 50/16, 50/17- sent 4/25

I am praying I close and have my member # by 7/31 so I can bank the 2015 points and they don't go to waste :crazy2: seller is international so not sure if that delays mailing documents, etc

Can't you make banking the points a condition of the sale? Like ask the broker to have the seller bank the points for you?

Can't you make banking the points a condition of the sale? Like ask the broker to have the seller bank the points for you?

That's what I did. I was worried we might not have time to bank, so I made my offer contingent on the seller banking them.

Yeah, I plan to do that once I pass ROFR. I'm just not sure if it will mess up the estoppel process. The contract sent to Disney said 50 2015 points, 50 2016 points, etc. If the seller subsequently banks the 2015 points and there are now 100 2016 points, will that throw Disney off since it doesn't match the language in the contract?

I'm getting hives just imagining doing that amount of data entry but more power to you :crazy:!

IF everyone had things formatted the same (*COUGH*formatting tool*COUGH*), you could just save it all to a file and import it right in. Using the hyphen as the delimiter, it'll put everything into columns for you. Even as it stands now, if you just add a few hyphens here and there, it would work pretty well.

IF everyone had things formatted the same (*COUGH*formatting tool*COUGH*), you could just save it all to a file and import it right in. Using the hyphen as the delimiter, it'll put everything into columns for you. Even as it stands now, if you just add a few hyphens here and there, it would work pretty well.

I work in predictive analytics and I keep thinking....should I import all of this data into R and run a regression analysis to determine if there are any indicators to ROFR'd contracts? Like total price, resort, no. banked points, who pays MFs, price per point, etc. You could also determine the probability of getting ROFR'd (only if there is some pattern to Disney taking a contract). At some point it could even tell you exactly what type of contract to buy to minimize your risk of getting ROFR'd. I suppose the problem is that we don't have all of the data here and it probably changes constantly. :teacher:

If I was doing it for my job -- it would be painful.

For some reason, doing it for Disney and for figuring out the market, it doesn't seem so bad.

I say that now, of course, before I have started.

Ok, here we go on contract #3. Will stop now...

ruzer28--$108-$10,800-100-BWV-MAR-54/15,100/16,100/17-sent 5/10

We own at BLT and SSR. If I had been ROFR'd 2x, I'm not sure I'd have the heart to try for 3. We've had luck so far...

I tried copying and pasting into Excel -- but no matter how I pasted the text, it always entered each line into one cell.

I tried copying and pasting into Excel -- but no matter how I pasted the text, it always entered each line into one cell.

After you copy the data into excel (as you say it will be in one cell) you will need to got to the DATA tab. Keep the cell highlighted.
In the DATA Tools section (5th section over on my version) Click on the "text to column" it will pull up a convert text to column wizard.
Choose Delimited
Click Next
The next three steps are on the same dialog box.
Click the Comma box
Click on the "Other" box and put a - on the box.
Click the box for "Treat consecutive delimiters as one"
Click on finish.

This is will drop every everything in nice columns for you to purse the data. If you wanted to copy 20 lines worth of data in you can convert them all at once by just highlighting the column.

This will work great with Scubacat tool as everything will be formatted correctly. I think the challenges that we would have to truly data mine this information to make inform decisions is that such a small simple size to what is being sold.

Last edited:
After you copy the data into excel (as you say it will be in one cell) you will need to got to the DATA tab. Keep the cell highlighted.
In the DATA Tools section (5th section over on my version) Click on the "text to column" it will pull up a convert text to column wizard.
Choose Delimited
Click Next
The next three steps are on the same dialog box.
Click the Comma box
Click on the "Other" box and put a - on the box.
Click the box for "Treat consecutive delimiters as one"
Click on finish.

This is will drop every everything in nice columns for you to purse the data. If you wanted to copy 20 lines worth of data in you can convert them all at once by just highlighting the column.

This will work great with Scubacat tool as everything will be formatted correctly. I think the challenges that we would have to truly data mine this information to make inform decisions is that such a small simple size to what is being sold.
quite helpful -- thanks a bunch!

viper17d---$83-$13888-150-VWL-Dec-6/15, 150/16, 150/17- sent 5/17

The long wait begins!!! Hooray!

You can also save it to a text file, then open that with excel. It'll automatically prompt you for the delimiters, etc.

"Ladies know what to guard against, because they read novels that tell them of these tricks..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter