**ROFR Thread 2015 January-June** Please read 1st post for instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard back from the broker and we are very happy to be owners of Grand Californian points! Since we live in Arizona, that has been our home base at Disneyland Resort, even though we own SSR points. Now I won't have to jump so fast to nail down my reservation for the VGC when we need a Disney break.

Sweet!---$100-$10,000-100-VGC-March-70/'15, 100/'16-sent 5/2, passed 6/1

Now for estoppel!

Crazydad, June 1, 2015

Just heard back from the broker and we are very happy to be owners of Grand Californian points! Since we live in Arizona, that has been our home base at Disneyland Resort, even though we own SSR points. Now I won't have to jump so fast to nail down my reservation for the VGC when we need a Disney break.

Now for estoppel!

Crazydad, June 1, 2015
What a fantastic price! well done :)

Quick follow-up: We are still waiting for the results of ROFR. Disney kicked it back because there were more 2014 points remaining on the contract than previously disclosed, so we had to sign another form (2 whole extra points! lol). Hope that this means they are not going to exercise ROFR...

Ours got kicked back on Friday for a typo on the points as well. Hopefully, they don't take yours. Good luck!

Now for estoppel!

Crazydad, June 1, 2015

Congratulations, I can't believe the price you got on that one!!!

SomeImaginationHuh --- $140 - $14,847 - 100 - VGC - Apr - 0/'14, 82/'15, 100/'16 - sent 5/18

This was actually 2 (50) point contracts that they combined into 100 points, as they were same seller. I just sent the contract this am, and received confirmation that the contracts had been sent to Disney this afternoon. I guess they went on and sent them because I sent proof of mailing my deposit....Weird that it got sent to Disney the same day, right? Not that I'm complaining :P:P:P

We actually cancelled this one. We second-guessed ourselves, and cancelled. :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2: Now, of course, we regret it.

Now for estoppel!

Crazydad, June 1, 2015

Awesome! Congrats!!

Passed 6/1

Yay! Congrats!!

Page 42 complete
Buyer pays $195 admin fee and $375 closing costs ($100 knocked off)....

Passed 5/18!! 31 days-but 4/17 was a Friday and maybe they got it late Friday and started reviewing on Monday, which then makes it only 29 days ;)....
Welcome Home!

davper---$83-$12,450-150-SSR-JUN-0/'13, 102/'14, 150/'15, 150/'16-sent 5/19, Waiting
Good Luck!

princesspipermommy---$77-$12,320-160-AKV-SEP-0/'13, 77/'14, 160/'15, 160/'16-sent 5/6
Good Luck!

pangyal- ---$65-$16500 (buyer pays '15 MF/closing)-230-OKW-SEP-230/'13, 230/'14 (banked), 230/'15, 160/'16-sent 5/21
Good Luck!

We passed!! I figured as much since we paid a premium per point for the small contract-but happy to be one step closer to closing!!
Welcome Home!

$72-$16,056-200-SSR-Mar-193/'14, 200/'15, 200/'16-sent 4/20, ROFR 5/22
So sorry... I'm sure you will find a better deal out there that will pass.

Cancelled.

DH is a CM. Since the seller just bought a bunch (like 10) contracts since late January this year and only had the above VWL contract a few shorts months, is using points, then selling (delayed closing)...just didn't feel right. Maybe not a big deal to most, but DH isn't willing to risk it being a CM.

Back to resales drawing board.
Noted!

pirate33-$70-$21,590-300-SSR-Dec-95/'15,300/'16/300/'17--sent 5/29

As someone else said, waiting for the next recession to buy any more...

djm08150 - $70/pt - $19,250 - 275 - VWL - Oct - 56/2015, 275/2016 - Sent 6/4
So excited! Wish me luck!

You guys, I'm back on this thread again. But it's all part of our master plan to take over DVC. Lol!

pangyal---$80- $13350 (buyer paying '15 MF and closing)- 150- VWL- Dec.- 0/'13, 150/'14, 150/'15, 150/'16 sent 5/7

So apparently the seller failed to mention that he went bankrupt and in fact did not have the paperwork ready to prove that this property could be sold and was not part of the bankruptcy :(.

Disney didn't bother to let the broker know this paperwork www missing until 27 days into ROFR. So now we will either give it a few days or cancel. I'm so sad.

So apparently the seller failed to mention that he went bankrupt and in fact did not have the paperwork ready to prove that this property could be sold and was not part of the bankruptcy :(.

Disney didn't bother to let the broker know this paperwork www missing until 27 days into ROFR. So now we will either give it a few days or cancel. I'm so sad.

That's terrible news. What is the seller's next step to push the sale on?

That's terrible news. What is the seller's next step to push the sale on?
My understanding is that he has to hear from his attorney to be able to give a rough estimate of the timeline needed to get the paperwork filed and go from there. The broker said either it will set us back a few weeks or "never close", but they are staying we can cancel anytime. If it wasn't just what we had been looking for, it would be a much easier decision! I'm going to give it until end of day on Monday and then give up, I think :(.

My understanding is that he has to hear from his attorney to be able to give a rough estimate of the timeline needed to get the paperwork filed and go from there. The broker said either it will set us back a few weeks or "never close", but they are staying we can cancel anytime. If it wasn't just what we had been looking for, it would be a much easier decision! I'm going to give it until end of day on Monday and then give up, I think :(.

I understand. Best wishes on the whole thing. Craziness for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter