Received email about closings at CBR - help!!

Were you able to get this taken care of? I'm going through the same thing with our switch to AoA. I spent over an hour on hold last night and they weren't able to figure it out. Someone is supposed to call back today

I was still awaiting a new invoice and the more I thought about it...
The more I decided FORT wilderness would be a better fit.
So I called up today & after a little negotiation -we are all set.
I'm so excited and relieved it's finally all sorted out now.

So, I just got off the phone with guest services, cancelled our CBR for September and got A 2 BEDROOM VILLA AT SARATOGA SPRINGS, NO ADDITIONAL FEE AND KEEPING OUR FREE DINING BOUNCEBACK, YES!

Hi, we are also booked at CBR in September (4 adults and 1 child) in one room (but not a FD BB). Do you think we would be eligible to switch over to a 2 bedroom at SS too? If so, what number should I try to make this happen? Thanks for your help!

Hi, we are also booked at CBR in September (4 adults and 1 child) in one room (but not a FD BB). Do you think we would be eligible to switch over to a 2 bedroom at SS too? If so, what number should I try to make this happen? Thanks for your help!
I am not sure...it is worth a call. I am also getting free dining from the bounce back offer last year. They tried to switch me to POR , I declined, I am sure they would switch you to the AOA family suites , they did offer me that VERY QUICKLY, I declined, lol... I actually talked with Guest Services, the entire process was LONG, but I had reservation issues on Disney's end. I had booked free dining bounce back and Disney has my reservation so screwed up, they stated they "never seen this before", lol, so I never did receive email confirmation or an email about construction notice, I only received my confirmation via mail so I was never really concerned until last week, checking on my trip and seen CBR was having construction....I think guest services felt they "messed up", but you can tell, they were offering everything BUT SSR at first..... I was very persuasive...ha! I did get my new confirmation, 14 nights, 5 persons with the free Regular Dining plan in a 2 Bedroom villa SSR, $5,000 total! And my plane fare dropped dramatically yesterday, we ended up paying $400 for 5 round trip flights
( we got 6 one way flights for free, and had to pay for the remainder 4 flights with SW points!). We are also upgrading to the DXDP since no little ones are on this trip and we all enjoy sit down meals since we have 14 nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We often do the 2 credit meals every night and breakfast every morning ... WE are from Pittsburgh, PA, our local grocery stores have fuel perks, we get free gas with gift card purchases so we ALWAYS PAY OUR TRIPS WITH GIFT CARDS, INCLUDING TIPS.. for every $100 in gift cards, we get $15 in free gas (with the .25cent fuel perk bonus day) so we will get free gas from August thru November, last year my entire family had free gas all summer....whoooo hoooo, what a day! booking dining reservations online as we speak..... lots of new signatures and dining options available...

Ok, now it's just getting weird. I replied to Tasha's email and sent her a copy of the original $75 offer. I received a form response from Rosabelle at the eCommerce team that mimics the original email but now offers $25 per night instead of $75. Again, no start dates are given and there's no reference to the original offer!

Does this mean we're getting $100 per night? :)

Ok, now it's just getting weird. I replied to Tasha's email and sent her a copy of the original $75 offer. I received a form response from Rosabelle at the eCommerce team that mimics the original email but now offers $25 per night instead of $75. Again, no start dates are given and there's no reference to the original offer!

Does this mean we're getting $100 per night? :)

I was actually kidding.

Get email offering $75
Get email offering nothing
Get email offering $25

I hope GM Sheryl at CBR (mentioned in third email) has a good sense of humour because I will probably show her the emails. I think they're hilarious! We've already decided to take out the necessary US cash for those two days (April 29, 30) and don't plan on getting a gift card. If we do - bonus.

Well I did it! Called Disney this am, talked with a really nice CM. Between her and guest services, they were able to move us from our two rooms at CBR to a 2 bedroom villa at SSR in Sept for no extra cost to me! :flower:At first, they wanted to charge me a $335 difference, but after I reminded them they would be saving much more than that because they wouldn't have to give me two rooms worth of gift cards, they agreed to moving us for no charge. So I say if you really want to move resorts, be persistent. They didn't give me a difficult time at all.

So now I've got to make it my mission to find out everything I can on SSR. I know nothing and just hope & pray we enjoy it as much as we have CBR. Anyone with any information please feel free to share or point me in the right direction. :lovestruc

I was actually kidding.

Get email offering $75
Get email offering nothing
Get email offering $25

I hope GM Sheryl at CBR (mentioned in third email) has a good sense of humour because I will probably show her the emails. I think they're hilarious! We've already decided to take out the necessary US cash for those two days (April 29, 30) and don't plan on getting a gift card. If we do - bonus.

I got an email from Disney two days ago saying we'd be getting a $75 gift card for every night of our stay (nothing was said at all about May 1 other than a general "construction will be starting in May 2017) and had our specific confirmation number and check-in date (April 28) on it, so I take that to mean our full stay - not just the dates after May 1. We shall see! That email is definitely coming with us, haha

Hi! Did you act at all on your question? I am in a similar boat but hoping for FD. Nervous about switching and then not being eligible for FD. I did call to inquire and they only offered POR with a $300 upgrade charge.

Hi! Did you act at all on your question? I am in a similar boat but hoping for FD. Nervous about switching and then not being eligible for FD. I did call to inquire and they only offered POR with a $300 upgrade charge.

I did try to make the change and it was a complete bust so I cancelled our reservation. We are sticking with our FD BB at Pop (14 days, 2 rooms with 5 of us) and are happy with this decision.

I'm happy to be heading back to CBR 4/22-4/29 before the construction starts! Maybe next year we can try for FD at CBR after the construction ends.

Prior to January, so I have the $75 GC and also tickets prices that are lower. I actually have the "old" water parks and more instead of PH.

I was also booked at CBR before he construction announcement. We had 5+ baby, but in 2 rooms. We were able to be switched to a 2 bedroom at Saratoga for no additional cost and were told that we could apply the free dining promotion if it comes out without having to rebook the hotel at full price. The only increased charge should be if the promo specifies that you have to have Park Hoppers (we too only have the water park add on). If you only have one room booked currently at CBR, I don't know if they will offer you a 2 bedroom, but if you have 5 people you won't fit in a studio or 1 bedroom so it's worth asking. Others have also been offered free switches to the FW cabins, AOA suites, and both POR resorts. You should not have to pay to be switched since you booked before the announcement. If Disney gives you any trouble, I would definitely point out that numerous other people have been switched to the resorts listed above. It was only after I brought up reading on the disboards about others receiving free switches to SSR that they offered it to me. I was then offered two studios and I asked about a 2 bedroom and they agreed. If you have any other questions, let me know.

I was also booked at CBR before he construction announcement. We had 5+ baby, but in 2 rooms. We were able to be switched to a 2 bedroom at Saratoga for no additional cost and were told that we could apply the free dining promotion if it comes out without having to rebook the hotel at full price. The only increased charge should be if the promo specifies that you have to have Park Hoppers (we too only have the water park add on). If you only have one room booked currently at CBR, I don't know if they will offer you a 2 bedroom, but if you have 5 people you won't fit in a studio or 1 bedroom so it's worth asking. Others have also been offered free switches to the FW cabins, AOA suites, and both POR resorts. You should not have to pay to be switched since you booked before the announcement. If Disney gives you any trouble, I would definitely point out that numerous other people have been switched to the resorts listed above. It was only after I brought up reading on the disboards about others receiving free switches to SSR that they offered it to me. I was then offered two studios and I asked about a 2 bedroom and they agreed. If you have any other questions, let me know.
Thanks for your help! Do you have any insight as of why Disney has been sticking with SSR, AoA suites (which to be honest I would be giving up the regular dining service plan with FD for QS so that isn't as beneficial) and WL cabins? There are less expensive options when it comes to the hotel price. Thank you so much! I feel really stressed waiting for this to all happen, let alone lack of sleep!

Last edited:
Thanks for your help! Do you have any insight as of why Disney has been sticking with SSR, AoA suites (which to be honest I would be giving up the regular dining service plan with FD for QS so that isn't as beneficial) and WL cabins? There are less expensive options when it comes to the hotel price. Thank you so much! I feel really stressed waiting for this to all happen, let alone lack of sleep!

My guess on why they are offering the AOA suites and the cabins is because you can fit 6 people. A lot of people book CBR because you can have 5 in a room and there aren't a lot of places where you can do that. POR, the AOA suites and the cabins are the closest price point to CBR that can fit 5 people. As for SSR, it has a ton of rooms and is often used as an overflow resort when Disney overbooks another resort. Because it has so many rooms, it doesn't fill up as quickly as the other deluxes. As for there being cheaper options, I'm sure they would move people to any of the values and just refund the price difference. They would probably allow switches to Coronado too, but they also have construction. The only other resorts that would be cheaper than SSR, AOA suites, or FW cabins would be certain rooms at AKL or WL. Those resorts are popular and people will pay full price for them, so Disney would rather put people in a harder to fill resort (such as SSR) if they are going to give a free upgrade.

I am not sure...it is worth a call. I am also getting free dining from the bounce back offer last year. They tried to switch me to POR , I declined, I am sure they would switch you to the AOA family suites , they did offer me that VERY QUICKLY, I declined, lol... I actually talked with Guest Services, the entire process was LONG, but I had reservation issues on Disney's end. I had booked free dining bounce back and Disney has my reservation so screwed up, they stated they "never seen this before", lol, so I never did receive email confirmation or an email about construction notice, I only received my confirmation via mail so I was never really concerned until last week, checking on my trip and seen CBR was having construction....I think guest services felt they "messed up", but you can tell, they were offering everything BUT SSR at first..... I was very persuasive...ha! I did get my new confirmation, 14 nights, 5 persons with the free Regular Dining plan in a 2 Bedroom villa SSR, $5,000 total! And my plane fare dropped dramatically yesterday, we ended up paying $400 for 5 round trip flights
( we got 6 one way flights for free, and had to pay for the remainder 4 flights with SW points!). We are also upgrading to the DXDP since no little ones are on this trip and we all enjoy sit down meals since we have 14 nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We often do the 2 credit meals every night and breakfast every morning ... WE are from Pittsburgh, PA, our local grocery stores have fuel perks, we get free gas with gift card purchases so we ALWAYS PAY OUR TRIPS WITH GIFT CARDS, INCLUDING TIPS.. for every $100 in gift cards, we get $15 in free gas (with the .25cent fuel perk bonus day) so we will get free gas from August thru November, last year my entire family had free gas all summer....whoooo hoooo, what a day! booking dining reservations online as we speak..... lots of new signatures and dining options available...

Re- gift cards and fuel - can I ask which grocery store and which gas station?
If I understand that correctly, it is an incredibly good deal!

Can those of you that got the resort change at no extra fee, can you tell me if you made the change before or after the gift card offer was received? A travel agent on another chat said they were offering the resort upgrades free before the gift card offer, but not after. Trying to verify if thats the case for all or not. Thanks!

They came out with the gift card offer BEFORE we called to get the resort switch. We did however call to switch resorts BEFORE the gift card offer ended. So we had the choice of getting the gift card OR the resort switch and we chose the resort switch. I'm not sure if thats what youre asking. If its not, can you please clarify?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter