Park makeup holy grail...and need advice

I can't use moisturizer during the day in the heat... it would be a huge mess..... I use Neutrogena for faces- it's a tiny bottle, sunscreen is a watery liquid, and then I layer my becca primer (t-zones) and a bit of regular primer in other spots, then Bare minerals over all that(powder,matte) that pretty much holds me for the day in the hot sun. I have oily skin however- and I moisturize at night.

Oh thank you for this thread, I'm been on the lookout for "Disney Makeup". So many kinds and brands out there to try. I'm curious: what is everyone's go-to mascara? Do you go with waterproof? SO many brands out there, like I said, especially for mascara. We will be there at the very end of August, into the first Saturday of September. Thanks all!!
Yes, I use waterproof mascara at Disney. I don't use it otherwise, it's too harsh to your lashes. For Disney I use Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara

Yes, I use waterproof mascara at Disney. I don't use it otherwise, it's too harsh to your lashes. For Disney I use Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara
Thanks Angi, very much for the helpful advice! Yes, I tend not to use waterproof mascara every day, but I'm thinking Disney is different.

I use Physicians Formula or Lumene BB creams with SPF in them, waterproof Maybelline mascara and eyeliner. I also keep a PF CC powder with SPF in my park bag so I can touch up my face during the day to soak up sweat or oil. Regular sunscreen of any kind always makes my eyes water, I can use the face sticks for little kids but they're goopy and don't look so good in pics :-)

Oooooh yes: can I ask, what brand of face powder do you all bring?? I live in fear of a product making my skin break out.....ughhhh. The goal here is to try and look alright in pictures, I'm trying to put together just some good products, but really don't want to take too many---I don't need to bring a whole makeup counter with me.

I tend to vary my touch up powders just because I have what I call makeup ADD, I'm always changing products around. At least a few of them. A few I stick to tried and true. Touch up powder is one that tend to all be similar and I'm always grabbing a different one. I like the pressed HD powders quite a bit. There are many brands on the market now. MUFE makes one, Laura Geller, MAC Blot, NARS, just to name a few. I carry it in my pocket and touch up during the day. I recently tried a new type of product and I have to say I like it quite a bit. It's not a powder though. I guess you can call it a gel, but I'm not really sure what it is. It's Murad MattEffect Blotting Perfector. It works great but it's a bit more bulky to carry in my pocket.

All I bring to the park with me is a touch up product and a lip color. They both go in my pocket.

I use Cover Girl washable waterproof mascara... it,s cheap and it doesn't clump or flake. I like products that I don't have to reapply all day. I don't wear a ton of makeup anyway, but while in FL I think less is better since it doesn't stay put in the heat anyway. And no lipstick for me because I'm eating and drinking way too often! I bring a Blistex with SPF and reapply often.

The funny thing is I really don't wear makeup (I know...I know I started a makeup thread LOL...) but all I wear is a swipe of eyeliner on each eye (on the waterline) so I don't look like I'm asleep, and tinted lip balm in a nude/bronzer type color (for the sun protection). No mascara. No BB/CC/EFGHIJK creams, no powder, no primer, no eye shadow nada. I HATE the way makeup feels. My skin is in pretty dang good shape so the sun protection and moisturizer are my only needs. After I showered for bed tonight I put on the Garnier anti-sun damage moisturizer. Tomorrow I'll try the Olay cream again before work and see if it doesn't make me look like a shiny wreck as the day wears on.

I am in LOVE with my Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisterizer w/ SPF 30. I got it last year before our very hot trip in early September. I have pale skin and don't wear much makeup daily. It's a cross between a moisterizer and a light foundation. I apply it with a brush (which was new to me- they showed me how to do it in the store). The sunscreen works great and it just gives my skin this super natural but polished appearance. I just love it.

I know you said you don't like cc/bb creams, etc, but if you like the IT eyeliner, their cc cream has spf 50 and even after being in the sun all day and regular body sunscreen failing my shoulders, my forehead and face wasn't pink at all! I been wearing it everyday since March. Applied with a beauty blender it's very good coverage without feeling heavy AT ALL. I use it over clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel (which you might like if you get oily, it's awesome! but it has no spf)

I also like Origins VitaZing for a tinted moisturizer. It's spf 15 I believe.

and another poster asked about what powder to use...I swear by Laura Mercier translucent loose powder, and keep a cheap cover girl clean makeup pressed powder compact in my purse for face emergencies :-)

Oh thank you for this thread, I'm been on the lookout for "Disney Makeup". So many kinds and brands out there to try. I'm curious: what is everyone's go-to mascara? Do you go with waterproof? SO many brands out there, like I said, especially for mascara. We will be there at the very end of August, into the first Saturday of September. Thanks all!!

I don't know if these are waterproof but theBalm's Mad Lash mascara does not BUDGE (and you're talking to a sweaty New Yorker dealing with overheated subways all day it's legit magic). I also like IT's Superhero Volumizing Mascara, it feels a little bit more lightweight than theBalm's and I've never had a problem with it smudging.

Does anyone here use setting spray they can recommend? I'm thinking that might be something that can help me cool off and keep my makeup in place. Though I should probably look into some setting powders too.

I don't know if these are waterproof but theBalm's Mad Lash mascara does not BUDGE (and you're talking to a sweaty New Yorker dealing with overheated subways all day it's legit magic). I also like IT's Superhero Volumizing Mascara, it feels a little bit more lightweight than theBalm's and I've never had a problem with it smudging.

Does anyone here use setting spray they can recommend? I'm thinking that might be something that can help me cool off and keep my makeup in place. Though I should probably look into some setting powders too.
Urban Decay's de-slick Makeup Setting Spray

I know you said you don't like cc/bb creams, etc, but if you like the IT eyeliner, their cc cream has spf 50 and even after being in the sun all day and regular body sunscreen failing my shoulders, my forehead and face wasn't pink at all! I been wearing it everyday since March. Applied with a beauty blender it's very good coverage without feeling heavy AT ALL. I use it over clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel (which you might like if you get oily, it's awesome! but it has no spf)

I also like Origins VitaZing for a tinted moisturizer. It's spf 15 I believe.

and another poster asked about what powder to use...I swear by Laura Mercier translucent loose powder, and keep a cheap cover girl clean makeup pressed powder compact in my purse for face emergencies :-)

No. Nothing tinted. I don't want makeup smudges on my phone and frankly it all feels like I'm shoving crud directly into my pores. I can't do it. It suffocates my face LOL.

Since you do not like tinted moisturizers and want to combat oil, I'd suggest checking out La Roche-Posay Anthelios Clear Skin SPF 60 Sunscreen. It has a gel in it that absorbs oil and does not burn my insanely sensitive skin or eyes when I wear it. I usually wear a light moisturizer like cetaphil with it.

I love NYX matte setting spray! I have to put on my brows every day and with the NYX they don't budge!

I use Ben Nye Neutral setting powder and Ben Nye Final Seal Matte Makeup Sealer. No touch ups needed!

For reference, I'm not young and I wear a full face of makeup everyday on vacation. I use a couple layers Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray at WDW. Once dry and set, I take whatever's left on my powder puff to pat away any shine the spray might have left behind; but I like a matte finish. It won't help you cool off; but it does a good job keeping everything in place. Testimony: I was standing at the mirror of the restroom across from Rose & Crown last year right before our 7:45pm reservation and a lady actually commented on my makeup saying, "You sure haven't been in the parks all day"...but I had been there since 11:00am. If you want a cooling spray, I thing it's Mac that has a face spray. It doesn't "set" your makeup; but I don't think it will move it either. Someone else may be more helpful with that.
You talking about MAC Fix+?

OP, since you're already a fan of IT's eyeliner, I have to recommend their CC cream. It has SPF 50, and when I wear it, it feels like I have nothing on my face.

I'm also a fan of Origins VitaZing, which is similar but has a different consistency and only SPF 15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter