Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side 2017

Those corrals are crazy! If I crunched the numbers right, there are over 7000 in F and only about 4600 in G. So weird!

Ooooooh myyyyyyy.... over 7,000 in corral F?!?! That should be interesting. I feel like I may have traded the cluster that was parking last year for the cluster that will be my corral this year, lol!

I feel like they are going to HAVE to divide that by waves. And at least the first 4-ish miles look like open road before AK, so hopefully that will help ease some course congestion early?

The event guide says to prepare for a 20 minute walk from the start area to the corrals, but I don't see how based on the maps. Thoughts?

Random Question: My pace has increased significantly since I submitted my time. I am placed in Corral F, but I have been running 7-9 miles at a 8:15 pace. Is it possible to run at a different corral?

I feel like they are going to HAVE to divide that by waves. And at least the first 4-ish miles look like open road before AK, so hopefully that will help ease some course congestion early?
My thoughts exactly - I can't imagine they won't break that up in mini-waves! And I do think those early open miles should help.

Random Question: My pace has increased significantly since I submitted my time. I am placed in Corral F, but I have been running 7-9 miles at a 8:15 pace. Is it possible to run at a different corral?
Nope, sorry. They're very strict about corrals and once the PoT deadline has passed, they won't make changes.

I mean when that time was submitted I was 230ish on average and I am rolli
My thoughts exactly - I can't imagine they won't break that up in mini-waves! And I do think those early open miles should help.

Nope, sorry. They're very strict about corrals and once the PoT deadline has passed, they won't make changes.

Well looks like I will try to be as close as I can get to the front of corral F. My goal is to get sub 2 hours. I will have to do a lot of juking for the first 2-3 miles. Luckily it is all open road for the first 4 miles.

Nope...but congrats on the impressive improvement!

Super squeee on the courses!!! YAAAAAAS!!! :yay:

I mean when that time was submitted I was 230ish on average and I am rolli

Well looks like I will try to be as close as I can get to the front of corral F. My goal is to get sub 2 hours. I will have to do a lot of juking for the first 2-3 miles. Luckily it is all open road for the first 4 miles.

The positive spin is that this forces me not to waste too much energy the first few miles to save it for miles 7-10 because those will be rough with just running on the street as opposed to the parks. The last 3.1 miles my adrenaline will be off the roof running through Hollywood Studios, Crescent Lake, and Epcot.

One more question, the planner in me is going overboard! But looking at the route, it's probably hard to see someone on both the boardwalk and the finish line, correct? Especially, if you have to drive/park? My parents will have our 1 year old, so I want to make sure I get them set-up at the easiest spot, so it looks like the finish is probably best? Do you think Chear Squad would be worth it with a little?

And at least the first 4-ish miles look like open road before AK, so hopefully that will help ease some course congestion early?

When I saw the map I was worried about the exit ramp leaving the parking lot area, looks like it is one lane until you get onto Floridian. So probably some delay there but it is not lengthy.

So if I can crunch numbers give or take a few I got
A & elite 1001
B 1100
C 2034
D 2180
E 1828
F 7041
G 4621

Total 19805

Big Bantha herding corrals there!

So, it does seem this race has sold well despite some thinking it didn't. Yes, it's still open, but that's still a lot of runners.

Can anyone help me remember where on the website one can go to sign up for messaging split times to those waiting for them at the finish?

One more question, the planner in me is going overboard! But looking at the route, it's probably hard to see someone on both the boardwalk and the finish line, correct? Especially, if you have to drive/park? My parents will have our 1 year old, so I want to make sure I get them set-up at the easiest spot, so it looks like the finish is probably best? Do you think Chear Squad would be worth it with a little?

Yes, it'd be hard (I would almost say impossible) to make it from Boardwalk to the Finish.

It just seems crazy to have 33% of the field in one corral

Yes and no. They'll probably do the mini waves that they've started doing so it won't be that many people all going off at the same time, so I think it will flow fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter