Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side 2017

I have been training increasingly since December. This weekend I am bumping up the mileage. I typically run 25-30 miles a week in the gym via treadmill or elliptical and 15-20 miles a week outside. This weekend:

Thursday - 5.1 Miles - Gym; 4.0 Miles Outside
Friday - 10.0 Miles - Gym;
Saturday - 6.0 Miles - Outside
Sunday - 8.0 Miles - Outside

How did you find the event guide? If I remember they usually email it out to the participants. But I haven't received an email yet.

It hasn't been sent out yet. The links are generally the same from race to race with a race-specific tweak so people figure them out before they get sent out.

I am so pumped to see the course. I am so glad it goes through 3 parks! Still get a little Hollywood Studious flavor with all of the construction. And the Half runs by the entire Boardwalk so my friends and family that aren't running can see us running mid-stride!

Super excited!!

So this is going to be my first half and I have a few friends that are going to come cheer me on. I see in the event guide it says there's spectator viewing at the start/finish. Is there any where else they'd be able to watch from and if so, how would they get there? Thanks in advance!

So glad everyone seems to like the course. This will be my first race at wdw and I just signed up yesterday so had it been bad I would have been bumming :) very excited!
I read that and wait yesterday means three weeks to train that's just crazy! Then I saw your name and went oh ok I would think you had more being running friends with @Calfan

Super excited!!

So this is going to be my first half and I have a few friends that are going to come cheer me on. I see in the event guide it says there's spectator viewing at the start/finish. Is there any where else they'd be able to watch from and if so, how would they get there? Thanks in advance!
Where will your friends be staying? On or off propert? Will they have a car?

Super excited!!

It seems to me if they are coming to the start, then getting to other viewing spots other than the finish could be difficult. Since they can't drive to the start, they have to take a bus back to Epcot, then try to get somewhere else after that. And that's if they have a car and really hustled. I could be way off on this but it seems difficult to me with it being a point to point race.

Ooooooh myyyyyyy.... over 7,000 in corral F?!?! That should be interesting. I feel like I may have traded the cluster that was parking last year for the cluster that will be my corral this year, lol!

Ooooooh myyyyyyy.... over 7,000 in corral F?!?! That should be interesting. I feel like I may have traded the cluster that was parking last year for the cluster that will be my corral this year, lol!
Yeah, I knew they had less corrals for this race but I didn't think it was THAT much less corrals (compared to Princess/WDW half marathons). :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter