November 2015 Ft Wilderness Meet & Greet

Booked November 18th - November 28th... Plan on seeing Grandson High School band playing at Epcot... Looking forward to seeing Osborne lights for the last time.. I'm going to miss watching the lights for Christmas time, it's one of the reason I love being at Disney World for the Holiday. I'm not going to decorate my site this year as we all got letters about having the lights off by 10 pm.. I'm to afraid of not getting back in time to turn them off.

Veraletta,
I never received any such letter and mine were on past 10 pm on the nights we were in the parks. If anything, I would suggest using timers on your lights. They are cheap and easy to use.

I would not let the letters dissuade you from bringing decorations.

These just came in the mail today pixiedust:
Isn't it amazing how something so simple can make you smile so big!! :D
20151024_151121_zpsfk15b4do.jpg
20151024_151121_zpsfk15b4do.jpg

We will be there Nov 17-20. A quickie trip to see the Osborne lights and of course a day at MK! 1500 loop is what we requested :) First time camping at FW.

I am sooooo ready to leave! We had our last trip out this past weekend so I got the camper thoroughly cleaned and emptied of everything we won't need in Disney. Then I started packing. Got the carseats in place on the couch with pillows, blankets, lots of snacks, activity books, and new soft plush dolls that they haven't seen before.

And we have a few stowaways along for the ride.....

Ruthies12,
That organization with the seats and everything is something my wife would pull. I can't stand that much order, but she starts twitching when something looks out if place.

You're almost there, but I don't see any squirrel feed...:squirrel:

Tiggerdad,
Yeah my DH walked into the camper and started laughing. I like to be super organized!

DH took care of filling the propane and the engine gas last weekend. He has it scheduled to go in for an oil change next Thursday so we can get the tire pressure and lights checked out. I'll be adding the squirrel feed soon!

2 days.jpg Weeks from today and we will be checking in! Can't wait. Hope the weather is cooler, still in the high 80's and humid here in central Fl.

Guess I got busy and forgot to post on here. We drove all night. Took a short nap in Ocala. Then drove on into the Fort. Arrived and checked in at 730. Much to my surprise my site was ready and what we had requested. We're in 724. Took another nap and went to get our cart from Kenny. My son drove down from Gainesville to spend the evening with us. We shared a toast to my retirement with some very rare Jack Daniels. Halloween was off the hook. We gave out all our candy by 830 and went looping. Colleen's haunted house was awesome. We went to Animal Kingdom yesterday. Heading to the Magic Kingdom today. Pictures to follow.

Guess I got busy and forgot to post on here. We drove all night. Took a short nap in Ocala. Then drove on into the Fort. Arrived and checked in at 730. Much to my surprise my site was ready and what we had requested. We're in 724. Took another nap and went to get our cart from Kenny. My son drove down from Gainesville to spend the evening with us. We shared a toast to my retirement with some very rare Jack Daniels. Halloween was off the hook. We gave out all our candy by 830 and went looping. Colleen's haunted house was awesome. We went to Animal Kingdom yesterday. Heading to the Magic Kingdom today. Pictures to follow.

Drove by your site today Looks GREAT, like your new camper! Have Fun in your retirement!

Checking in next Thursday, really hoping the temp drops below 90! Started my packing list today and instead of a light jacket, I added a fan and swimsuit.

Just booked a golf cart today for most of the trip through Tee Time. Booked it Sun to Sun as that will work better for us. Now to hope my cousin or her daughter can drive me to meet them so I can save the cab fare.
What is your ETA on the 15th? We also are picking up from TT on that day so, if the time works, maybe you can hitch a ride with us to get your cart?

E="MartDM, post: 54679363, member: 7218"]What is your ETA on the 15th? We also are picking up from TT on that day so, if the time works, maybe you can hitch a ride with us to get your cart?[/QUOTE]
Kenny's trailer actually holds two carts at a time.

What is your ETA on the 15th? We also are picking up from TT on that day so, if the time works, maybe you can hitch a ride with us to get your cart?

We actually arrive Friday night but the pick up is scheduled for 9a on Sun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter