November 2015 Ft Wilderness Meet & Greet

Just to let everyone know. I was able to add a day to our reservation. Now arriving Oct 29th and staying until Nov 8th. Amassing quite a collection of decorations. Hope we get a good site preferably in the 700 loop.

Wish we could be there in part of October to make the best of all worlds: Halloween, pre-Christmas, and of course Disneyworld! Good for you Flametamr and thank you for your service as a firefighter.

11/15 Ft Wilderness celebrating :
25th Wedding Anniversary and
0001.gif

10 Years Cancer Free :cheer2:

Congratulations themojosupreme on both your 25th anniversary and being cancer free for 10 years!! Life is good!!
We are staying at the Mt Pleasant KOA. We had looked at James County Park. Any feedback that we should be aware of would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

We got ours too even though I chose not to. We are annual pass holders, so we already have one. Can't tell you how many I have thrown out from previous stays. I was so glad they finally added the option to opt out of receiving more. Apparently, not working like it should. Oh well, we now have back-ups just in case. Less than 4 weeks to go!

Finally reached single digits today. Nine more days until check in. Starting to get antsy. So many thoughts of what to pack or not. Do we have enough candy? What and when we will cook or eat in the parks? We only have one more ADR I'm still trying to grab. Other than that we should be all set. A little disappointed that Disney decided to raise the AP prices 100 dollars right before our trip. I was on the fence on finally getting ours but now I probably won't. That means we will not be returning to the Fort for a year or two after this. Hope everyone has a safe trip home and an awesome vacation. We'll see you there soon.

OMG so ready to leave and still have 37 days! I've been getting our stuff together, we have one more camping trip this weekend at a local campground and then I'll be washing the bedsheets and starting to pack the camper up for Disney!!!!

Finally reached single digits today. Nine more days until check in. Starting to get antsy. So many thoughts of what to pack or not. Do we have enough candy? What and when we will cook or eat in the parks? We only have one more ADR I'm still trying to grab. Other than that we should be all set. A little disappointed that Disney decided to raise the AP prices 100 dollars right before our trip. I was on the fence on finally getting ours but now I probably won't. That means we will not be returning to the Fort for a year or two after this. Hope everyone has a safe trip home and an awesome vacation. We'll see you there soon.

We're 10 days till heading out! Be looking for you!

Dh, our dog ziggy! & I will be headed to the fort nov6-11
Traveling from fort myers fl! Not sure which loop we will be in, requested 1600 but we shall see!
I'm just excited to take out our new travel trailer!!!

Dh, our dog ziggy! & I will be headed to the fort nov6-11
Traveling from fort myers fl! Not sure which loop we will be in, requested 1600 but we shall see!
I'm just excited to take out our new travel trailer!!!

We requested 700 Loop. This is our second time camping in our new 5th wheel. It will be my first long trip. I'm traveling at night so traffic will be very light. Hoping to arrive around 6 am and wait until a site opens.

Well, well...

November is shaping up nicely over here. Hate I'm gonna miss you guys but glad it seems several of you will be overlapping each other. Getting to put a face with a name is always a great thing to do at the Fort.

Looking for some site pics and feet on the rails at Trails End.

You guys be safe and report as you can.

Pluto67, really hate I'll miss you this year. Last year was a good meet.

We requested 700 Loop. This is our second time camping in our new 5th wheel. It will be my first long trip. I'm traveling at night so traffic will be very light. Hoping to arrive around 6 am and wait until a site opens.
Flametamr,
We came in way ahead of schedule so I stopped at the rest area in Ocala for a few hours nap. It is exactly one hour from the Fort. The rv and campers have their own parking in the backlot. Armed security at night. Just a suggestion in case you need it.

Flametamr,
We came in way ahead of schedule so I stopped at the rest area in Ocala for a few hours nap. It is exactly one hour from the Fort. The rv and campers have their own parking in the backlot. Armed security at night. Just a suggestion in case you need it.

Thanks, that sounds about right. My son lives in Gainsville depending on the hour I will stop and see him or try the rest area in Ocala. I didn't know that about that rest stop. I just checked it out on Google and it is great. Do they seem to enforce the No overnight parking rule there ? Last time we went I got a camp site in Ocala for the night and pulled out early for the Fort.

Last edited:
No, the security guard was really nice. I didn't ask specifically about overnight, we were only resting for about 3-4 hours. I let the girls continue sleeping in the truck in the a/c while I climbed back in the camper. He said he would keep a watch on them. The good thing is the big rigs have the front lot, so the rv parking lot was nearly empty at 0400, so we had plenty of parking. My trip map said it was 1 hour and 15 minutes to the entrance of the Fort, but it took exactly an hour for us.

Hello all, I have done the online check in. We love loop 1600 I have requested it so I hope we get it. They have usually done good with the requests. We shall see. the DW is printing out a DIS Board site sign. Hope to see some of yall during the week of the 4th through the 10 of November.

13 Days 21 Hours 49 Minutes and counting

Jackson magic bands.JPG

Sounds great tiggerdad. That's pretty much what I am planning. Thank you.

Well, well...

November is shaping up nicely over here. Hate I'm gonna miss you guys but glad it seems several of you will be overlapping each other. Getting to put a face with a name is always a great thing to do at the Fort.

Looking for some site pics and feet on the rails at Trails End.

You guys be safe and report as you can.

Pluto67, really hate I'll miss you this year. Last year was a good meet.
10-4 on the miss-ya tigger. Our trips got reversed, we did the October Halloween trips then changed to November trips when we became empty nesters. Hope we can meet again up in the future. Our best to you and your family

One week to heading out! Moving next Friday to Reed Bingham SP in South Georgia then down that Sunday to the Fort. Got to get my socks and Mickey Boxers packed!

Just booked a golf cart today for most of the trip through Tee Time. Booked it Sun to Sun as that will work better for us. Now to hope my cousin or her daughter can drive me to meet them so I can save the cab fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter