November 2015 Ft Wilderness Meet & Greet

Thought I would jump in here. We'll be there Oct 30- Nov 8. Congratulations JETS70. This will be my retirement trip also. I'm retiring for the fire service on Sept 30th with 27 years. We have spoken before and I hope we can meet up for an adult beverage one evening after you arrive. I will have a cart so getting around will be easy.

Thanks Flametamr and congrats to you on your 27 years of service to your community. The DW and I will be traveling alone on this trip and will be bringing our golf cart and motorcycle so we will be pulling our new cargo trailer toy hauler conversion and leaving the teardrop at home. I look forward to shaking your hand and sharing a cold drink. Travel safe, its just around the corner.

Sounds great. Wish we could bring our bike. Maybe when I get a stronger tow vehicle. When it gets closer we can exchange numbers to make it easier to meet up.

Yeah we're going to have to give sirenia88 a medal for this idea =) Now let's see who picks up December. I hope it keeps going, it was definitely a great idea!
Completely agree- soon Sirenia88 will be up in the "legend" category :worship: :) What an awesome way to feed our addictions as well! :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Giving November a little love! We'll be down Nov 1st to the 12th. Somewhere in a premium site, no loop request, looking forward to see what comes our way!

Sad :(

We will be at WDW in November but since it's just my daughter and I we are staying at a hotel. I tried to convince her that we need to camp and that she'll miss the Fort but nope she wanted to stay in a hotel. Blah!! Teenagers!! Enjoy your time at the Fort all, we will at least be coming over for breakfast at Trails End.

Hello! We are flying down from WV (well technically driving to Pittsburgh and flying from there) on November 14. Be at the fort in a cabin until the 21st. We used to have a camper but sold it last year. We still love campground life so the cabins were a perfect choice. 3rd disney trip, 1st at the fort! Celebrating our 15th anniversary with the family- mom, dad, dd10, and dd7. It's getting so close!

Congratulations on your anniversary. Have a safe trip to and from the Fort.

A little over four hours and I can make my fastpasses!! Sitting here waiting and hoping I can stay awake..........

Congratulations!! on Wedding Anniversary & 10 yrs Cancer clean. I am 12 yrs & Grumpy Aggie is18 yrs (lung). Y'all have a safe fun trip & keep the info coming. I love to go looping @ then Ft.
Jets 70, congratulation your retirement!! & safe trip to the Fort also.

Thanks eeyore's friend and grumpy aggie for your kind thoughts! have started one of the fun elements of heading to the Fort and that is making the lists! A list for the food, a list for the clothes, a list for the camping equipment, and list of things we want to do, and a list of the lists that I will still put together. The trip anticipation keeps me busy while counting down the days.

I really want to join in the fun...but it is all booked up for the wine and dine half marathon, I guess? I will have some unexpected time off then and thought dd and I could swing a long weekend. I haven't called yet but no dice with online at all. Is it usually packed that weekend? I need a Disney fix after having to cancel our Labor Day trip!

Chickp I don't know about that weekend specifically but I do know that I booked my Thanksgiving trip back in August of 2014. I checked last November just to see what was available and there was nothing open for my dates a whole year out. I'm planning our next trip after this one for October 2017 and I intend to book that next summer as soon as it opens.

I got all the fastpasses I wanted woohoo! We are getting our camper back from the shop today (controller for the slideout went out and had to be replaced) so I can start putting some stuff in there and doing some cleaning. Spent the last week washing princess dresses.....getting excited!!

I had not posted in this thread as I was concerned I might have to cancel our trip in November. It looks promising that it is a go. We will be down Nov 14 till 26, yes checking out Turkey Day. I may have to cut it to nov 21 due to work but right now looks like I am good. I am excited. The weather should be beautiful, it was quite hot in sep, plus I get to stay almost 2 weeks. We requested 700 loop, yes it is our favorite. It will be me, DH and my rock stars. Mallory loves the fort so I know she is looking forward to it.

Sad that I will miss you Garneska, you are checking out the day we check in. We definitely won't be there until late in the day unfortunately. We plan to pull out at 4 am and it is a 14 hour drive without traffic so I'm hoping we get there at 6 pm in time to eat a turkey dinner that I will be heating up in our oven. If we hit traffic though we'll have to pull over and have dinner on the road somewhere. I would have loved to have met Mallory. I've requested loop 700 or 400, hoping to be as close to the boat dock as possible on a premium site. Hmmm, with you checking out the same day I check in I wonder if I'll get your same site, that would be funny!

Will be there Nov 13th to the 22nd in a cabin. Will probably request the 2800 loop.

If anyone is interested they just released a bunch of dates/times for Minnie's Holiday Dine at HS in Nov. The description says:

"Celebrate the season with a gloriously festive dining experience—and a rare chance to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy all together in their holiday best (all-new costumes!), making merry with you and your Guests! Get hugs and photos with your happy hosts, and wonder as you wander through the dazzling décor, heartwarming music and holiday-themed food and activities."

Has anyone gotten their magic bands yet? We arrive Mid-November and we're guessing the bands might arrive late October?

Has anyone gotten their magic bands yet? We arrive Mid-November and we're guessing the bands might arrive late October?

Mine still says I can still customize until Oct 13th so I would imagine they won't be sent out until then.

We got our magic bands yesterday. We arrive on the 30th of October for that set.

Just to let everyone know. I was able to add a day to our reservation. Now arriving Oct 29th and staying until Nov 8th. Amassing quite a collection of decorations. Hope we get a good site preferably in the 700 loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter