News Round Up 2016

As we near the years end this 2016 News Round Up thread will come to a close and a new one for 2017 will begin. I want to take this time over the next few weeks to thank all of those who have contributing into making this thread great. I also want to ask all of you for any tips, suggestions, comments, or concerns about possible changes for the 2017 version. If nothing needs to change that's fine too. I just want to see if there is anything people think that could make the 2017 thread even better.

Thanks,
Ryan

The biggest thank you goes to you!! It is a great thread.

News

Star Wars guided tour. 7 hour tour with rides on star Tours and including the star wars spectacular dessert party.

News

December 16-31 Jingle Bell Jingle Bam and Star Wars Galactic Spectacular both being performed in one night.

Considering that there's not much more to do at the park during the holidays, that sounds like a good deal.

News

Star Wars guided tour. 7 hour tour with rides on star Tours and including the star wars spectacular dessert party.
A guided tour of what? All of the Star Wars movies were mostly filmed at Pinewood Studios near London. Will Lucas allow Disney to borrow actual costumes, props, etc from the original films to put on display?

This "tour" will probably just be as lame as the transformation of SSE to the Death Star. I bet the people who actually were able to get a ticket to this were thinking "why on earth did I bother to come".

A guided tour of what? All of the Star Wars movies were mostly filmed at Pinewood Studios near London. Will Lucas allow Disney to borrow actual costumes, props, etc from the original films to put on display?

This "tour" will probably just be as lame as the transformation of SSE to the Death Star. I bet the people who actually were able to get a ticket to this were thinking "why on earth did I bother to come to this".
Also a Quick service lunch included! Yeah I can't think of 7 hours worth of stuff for a tour.

Just read that the price for the "tour" is $129 per person. Can't imagine taking an entire day of my vacation to do this unless the tour guide is Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, or Carrie Fisher!
Well it has a quick service lunch and the fireworks dessert party included so thats like $80-90 right there. I agree though that there just isn't enough to do. Maybe you ride Star Tours for 5 of those 7 hours. Or Chewie hugs you for 7 hours?

News

I was reading about this and it seems like paying $129 to get to do everything you can already do in the park (plus the dessert party) just with a reserved time/no waiting .... is there anything extra with doing this that I wasn't understanding?

Just read that the price for the "tour" is $129 per person. Can't imagine taking an entire day of my vacation to do this unless the tour guide is Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, or Carrie Fisher!

It seems like it is more about getting your times on the Star Wars "attractions" set / front of the line .... if they had this over the holidays I could potentially see some advantage if crowds are high but given it only starts Jan 2nd I don't see the point

"As of January 2, a new Star-Wars themed tour will be offered at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Offered on Mondays and Saturdays, this seven-hour guided tour will include a ride on Star Tours: The Adventures continue, a meet and greet with Chewbacca and Kylo Ren, an insider tour of Launch Bay, a viewing of “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi,” and a Star Wars-themed meal at Backlot Express. Guests will then attend the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party where they will enjoy themed desserts and reserved viewing for the nighttime show. During the day, guests ages 4-12 will get to take part in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. Tours are expected to cost $129/person."

While I appreciate the focus on news and facts, someone has to say it.

The event last night was horrible. They clearly overplayed their cards. Had the wrong audience and projections on spaceship earth are very meh. And stop called the Advanced Weapons Research Troopers. They are Death Troopers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter