Mardi Gras 2023. Laissez les bon temps rouler (let the good times roll). Parades, King Cake, Cursed Club, Voodoo Dolls, Food, Rocket Ships and more

775CC992-A4DD-48CC-8134-4A5D9756CFA7.jpeg

I know i have said I’am amazed at how they can walk on stilts, but it has to be extra difficult with this head piece on. These were cool and they even had lights in them.
E3526818-9A6A-4138-B19F-3FD9C6B13DEF.jpeg

A9DA3998-199E-4D50-BF3B-B79C29E04F45.jpeg

A380F641-32AF-4E71-B98A-52751F3E2279.jpeg

94CE1CC1-9C9B-48BF-BC22-2B28A160ACA4.jpeg

44BB39F3-25AA-46C7-9DE8-1C0C7A431E26.jpeg

5B0E4A30-A8E2-45A9-9336-76474D3AD3FC.jpeg

D09E35C6-5763-4283-B639-808F14F7CAAD.jpeg

The Float of Pan was really pretty. It was cool how the lights on all the floats changed colors.
71A2641B-A8C1-4996-A67C-BB908F44A14E.jpeg

B512D83B-D7C6-4FC5-A376-570C959680A2.jpeg

Some of the pictures are a bit blurry of the Tm’s walking. They are on the move.
0576260D-A9C8-4031-8953-3AAAA762D007.jpeg

609BF6BD-E24E-449E-A490-CB1729126378.jpeg

Sadly the last float, but most appropriate is the Alligator. It is a big one for sure.
AE0A8632-3F2B-4C68-B5C2-DA93AEA50E8B.jpeg

5C03F066-D7E1-4616-B46C-DD6EC4322209.jpeg

01BE6CAF-C63E-470B-87CA-A842B10754DD.jpeg

This a beautiful float and I love how they have incorporated the old French Quarter vintage street lights.
17F3E491-DF26-499E-8953-D9A969481001.jpeg
This Gator has had a nice mani and pedi.
81A37F15-E416-4E8B-8BE5-7CA8356C4CC9.jpeg

6F584DE8-A5A3-41A3-BFF3-910FE4F4A2F8.jpeg

This was the end of the parade. I had managed to catch a few beads for the little ones that were standing nearby and I divided them up and gave them the beads. They were happy to have more necklaces to put on.

Universal has done a wonderful job with this parade. The floats are incredible and the costumed TM’s are awesome. If you haven’t been to Mardi Gras at Universal you should come and have a look. The Parade, food and atmosphere are great.

I will go a bit farther and say this has to be better than the Mardi Gras Parade in the New Orleans. Because there are more things to do leading up to the evening celebration.

You can enjoy your choice of a beautiful onsite Resort. Have park fun and pool fun during the day and then a Mardi Gras Parade in the evening and sample all kinds of good food. It is a win win.

I decided to make my way out of the park, but stopped for a photo in the store.
2824728A-37AD-48FA-8423-BA102A8A1B58.jpeg

More to come

571EBCA2-702B-4E41-9677-8BF6C048F538.gif

Last edited:
Robo: Thanks for all the beautiful, awesome float/parade pictures. I am not normally a parade person, but I would definitely watch Universal's parades. I think they blow disney's out of the water with their creativity.
The TM's/actors all look so happy and glad to be there. Refreshing!
You are so welcome. I’am so glad you enjoyed the float/parade pictures. I think you would enjoy the parade.

They obviously have a wonderful bunch of very talented Artists involved in this event. The event just keeps getting better every year.

I can honestly tell you I have been coming to Universal for years and they do have the Happiest, Helpful and Kind TM’s. You can tell they like what they are doing.

Fantastic pictures !
Thank you .
I just had to make decision to renew WDWAP or USOAP … not happy giving money to WDW but don’t want to take the risk .
Universal gives so many “ better “ reasons too keep that Pass too
What would you do ? Haha

Fantastic pictures !
Thank you .
I just had to make decision to renew WDWAP or USOAP … not happy giving money to WDW but don’t want to take the risk .
Universal gives so many “ better “ reasons too keep that Pass too
What would you do ? Haha
Thank you, so glad you enjoyed the pictures.

I think the AP choice would be best figured out by each individual. I think folks will spend their entertainment dollars where they are treated best, where they get more bang for their buck and with a company that is spending more dollars creating new rides and experiences. For me that is Universal.

If you like both parks and can afford it keep them both.

The TM’s are all smiling. You can tell they are having as much fun as we are and that really make a difference.
I totally agree!!! The TMs give that parade an immense positive uplifting energy. It is like no other. You can’t help but to smile ear to ear while watching and interacting.

This Gator has had a nice mani and pedi.
🤣 This gave me a chuckle

Thursday, February 9th continued

The park was emptying out after the parade and I was ready to get back to the Resort and have some supper.

You don‘t really have a true understanding of how many people are in the park until everyone is leaving at the same time. There was a massive amount of folks heading for the parking garage when we came over the bridge. I was hoping that that lines for the boat would not be terrible.

There was a long line to get back on boat, but I was able to get the second boat back. There was a lady in line for the boat with a group of friends or family and she had a really funny laugh. It was very cartoonish like a Witches cackle. She must have had a few too many. It was amusing at first then it became grating and after a few more minutes some guy in line said “stick a sock in it lady enough”. There was total silence then she started again……LOL…. She did not make it on the boat I was able to get on….Thankfully, but I think the guy who told her to stick a sock in it was riding back to SF with Broom-Hilda..…LOL

After docking at the Sapphire I went straight to Amistista Cookhouse for dinner. You pass right by it when you walk In from the Water Taxi.

It did not seem to busy. I was seated right away. My waiter arrived and I knew exactly what I wanted to eat.

The Mojo Marinated Chicken. I really like roasted chicken when it is made right. I have had this meal here a number of times and really enjoy It. It is served with two sauces and two sides. They also serve a cheese roll and a fruit/nut roll with your meal. The rolls were just out of the oven and were delicious.
210B9EB9-2EDF-45F3-B787-07CB4F9CB99A.jpeg
Everything was very good. The chicken was roasted perfectly and salad was crisp and the fries were good.

I have had their New York strip dinner here before and it was delicious.

The crafted flat breads are very good.

If you have never had their breakfast buffet you should give it a try. I think it is the best one of all the resorts.

After dinner I was ready to head back to my room.

There were a few folks milling around the Lobby and the gift shop was busy.

After getting back to my room I was ready for a nice bubble bath. I then called my hubby and told him of my days adventures and it was lights out.

to be continued

F151075C-F3E7-427B-A951-344E4187D5BF.gif

Last edited:
It is hard to get some parade pictures that aren`t blurry, they do move quickly, we were lucky a lot of parades we managed to capture them kinda still, but we also have many that are too blurry to post!

Amatista is sometimes overlooked but it is lovely, and your dish is one their classics, chicken looks amazing.

I did laugh as I`ve been guilty of telling someone for the love of all that was holy to shut up.....some folks just don`t know when to keep it shut, we always think we have a magnet for these idiots!!! Glad it`s not just us......lol......

As always enjoying your report.......:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter