MARCH 2024 W.I.S.H. Thread-šŸŒøSpring šŸ£into Health ā˜˜ļø

I apologize for being MIA. Last week was Dr. Seuss week at school, and I went all out, but by Thursday night, my nose was running uncontrollably. By Friday morning, I was full blown sick. So I missed the culmination of the week's celebration of his 120th birthday. I actually considered going in anyway, but I realized that not only was I very sick and couldn't function, it would be unfair to go in even wearing a mask like I do every day anyway. I tested negative for Covid, but it's taking me quite a while to feel better. My nose is still stuffed. I'm sneezing like crazy. One eye is weeping. And I have a splitting headache. I stayed home again today, and it's not looking like I will be returning to school tomorrow. 17 teachers are out today, which I assume is because parents continually send their kids to school sick and the nurse refuses to send them home unless they have a high fever.šŸ˜³

I have been thinking of you all, but I honestly have not had the energy to do anything. I'm being very careful with my eating even though I just want to eat junk. I'm so tired of chicken soup. Sugar is not my friend and will not help me heal, so I'm pairing cinnamon with it to get my sweets fix. For lunch, I baked an apple with cinnamon and added it to oatmeal. It was delicious with a big glass of milk.

Last edited:
I apologize for being MIA. Last week was Dr. Seuss week at school, and I went all out, but by Thursday night, my nose was running uncontrollably. By Friday morning, I was full blown sick. So I missed the culmination of the week's celebration of his 120th birthday. I actually considered going in anyway, but I realized that not only was I very sick and couldn't function, it would be unfair to go in even wearing a mask like I do every day anyway. I tested negative for Covid, but it's taking me quite a while to feel better. My nose is still stuffed. I'm sneezing like crazy. One eye is weeping. And I have a splitting headache. I stayed home again today, and it's not looking like I will be returning to school tomorrow. 17 teachers are out today, which I assume is because parents continually send their kids to school sick and the nurse refuses to send them home unless they have a high fever.šŸ˜³

I have been thinking of you all, but I honestly have not had the energy to do anything. I'm being very careful with my eating even though I just want to eat junk. I'm so tired of chicken soup. Sugar is not my friend and will not help me heal, so I'm pairing cinnamon with it to get my sweets fix. For lunch, I baked an apple with cinnamon and added it to oatmeal. It was delicious with a big glass of milk.
I am so so sorry to hear this. You have been on my mind and I figured you were busy with school but I was also afraid you were not feeling well šŸ˜¢ take your time and get all the rest you need before heading back into work ā¤ļø

View attachment 838762
First Monday in March!!!

What goals are you setting for the month? How about this week?

For this month I hope to complete the workout series I am doing on YouTube. Itā€™s 40 days-designed to be done 5 days a week with 2 rest daysā€¦mine does not always work out perfectly. On my SPCA days I CANNOT do any other form of exercise-the miles I walked paired with the pulling of the big does just takes it out of meā€¦so normally I do it 4 days a week. I am on day 15 tomorrow so I hope to complete it by the end of the month!

For this week I hope to get 5 days in of the 5 day workout program and log my food!

Happy Monday everyone letā€™s make it a great one! šŸ˜Ž

This month my goal is to lose 5 pounds and to track my foods again. This week I want to find a couple of youtube workouts to try to do at home. It's supposed to be nice out, so I may just walk the neighborhood this week instead of the inside videos, but I'd still like to find some I can / would like to do.

As I said in my last post, DH and I were on a cruise last week. We got home yesterday afternoon and I started going through some of my things I had jotted down the last time I was in a good mindset and I need to keep reminding them to myself. I feel so much better when I eat better. I have more energy, sleep better, etc.

I turned 50 at the end of 2020 (Dec 30th) and in May of that year, I decided that I wanted to lose 50 pounds in my 50th year. I ended up doing it and felt so good at the time. I still wanted to lose about 20-25 more and I never got there. When I was losing that year, all I did was track my calories and stay within a deficit range for my weight/height/age. Nothing was off limits, but I made mostly good choices and it worked so good for me. Truthfully, it even felt "easy". Not sure if I got cocky, lazy or what, but when I got to the 50 pounds toward the end of the year, I just kind of stopped. It was terrible - now, a little over 3 years later, I'm basically exactly where I started in May of 2020, but, I know that I did it then and I know I can do it again. I went grocery shopping today during my lunch hour and bought things to pack for my lunch this week.

So, my goal is to lose 50 pounds again in 2024. If I lose 5 pounds a month from now through the end of the year, I'll hit that goal. This time, I'm going to keep on going though. I now know that for me tracking will be a life long thing, but that's ok. There are so many apps, websites to help with everything that I know I can do it!

Anyway, I didn't mean to write an essay, but I just wanted to get that out and share it with someone! Here's to a great March for everyone!!

I just stumbled upon this section of the dis boards. So this is my first post of any kind in these types of groups. Trying to figure out what it's about. I'm trying to exercise more, eat healthy, lose some weight, overall be a better person. Look forward to more interaction in this group.

Welcome to the thread!!

My goal this week is to keep moving admist the icky weather. Getting out yesterday was nice....even though the brief periods of running made my lungs burn (exercise induced asthma making a comback?) the speed walking periods felt good. Unfortunately the rest of the week is RAIN so I need to get moving indoors...youtube workouts, walking in circles in the living room, whatever...just need to move. My goal is 3 more times this week of at least 10 minutes each day even if I have to break that time up to make it work.

This month my goal is to lose 5 pounds and to track my foods again. This week I want to find a couple of youtube workouts to try to do at home. It's supposed to be nice out, so I may just walk the neighborhood this week instead of the inside videos, but I'd still like to find some I can / would like to do.

As I said in my last post, DH and I were on a cruise last week. We got home yesterday afternoon and I started going through some of my things I had jotted down the last time I was in a good mindset and I need to keep reminding them to myself. I feel so much better when I eat better. I have more energy, sleep better, etc.

I turned 50 at the end of 2020 (Dec 30th) and in May of that year, I decided that I wanted to lose 50 pounds in my 50th year. I ended up doing it and felt so good at the time. I still wanted to lose about 20-25 more and I never got there. When I was losing that year, all I did was track my calories and stay within a deficit range for my weight/height/age. Nothing was off limits, but I made mostly good choices and it worked so good for me. Truthfully, it even felt "easy". Not sure if I got cocky, lazy or what, but when I got to the 50 pounds toward the end of the year, I just kind of stopped. It was terrible - now, a little over 3 years later, I'm basically exactly where I started in May of 2020, but, I know that I did it then and I know I can do it again. I went grocery shopping today during my lunch hour and bought things to pack for my lunch this week.

So, my goal is to lose 50 pounds again in 2024. If I lose 5 pounds a month from now through the end of the year, I'll hit that goal. This time, I'm going to keep on going though. I now know that for me tracking will be a life long thing, but that's ok. There are so many apps, websites to help with everything that I know I can do it!

Anyway, I didn't mean to write an essay, but I just wanted to get that out and share it with someone! Here's to a great March for everyone!!

Welcome to the thread!!
You can absolutely do this! You have a positive outlook on your journey so you are going to do great!

If you want to join me on Heather Robertsons 4.0 40 day workout I would love to have someone join me in my suffering šŸ˜°

My goal this week is to keep moving admist the icky weather. Getting out yesterday was nice....even though the brief periods of running made my lungs burn (exercise induced asthma making a comback?) the speed walking periods felt good. Unfortunately the rest of the week is RAIN so I need to get moving indoors...youtube workouts, walking in circles in the living room, whatever...just need to move. My goal is 3 more times this week of at least 10 minutes each day even if I have to break that time up to make it work.
Same weather here! I know I wonā€™t get my steps in today but I will get my exercise minutes in so thatā€™s a win.

Happy Tuesday!!!!!!

Since many of us are experiencing rain šŸŒ§ļø today I thought I would ask-do you like rainy days?ā˜”ļø

Whatā€™s your favorite rainy day activity?

I personally do not like rain but I do force myself to get indoor tasks done when itā€™s rainingā€¦so while itā€™s not my favorite activity it is one that I do when itā€™s raining!!

You can absolutely do this! You have a positive outlook on your journey so you are going to do great!

If you want to join me on Heather Robertsons 4.0 40 day workout I would love to have someone join me in my suffering šŸ˜°

Thanks! I looked this up - she looks very positive! I bookmarked the playlist and the pdf calendar showing what to do each day. Honestly, it looks a little intense for me at this point, but I definitely want to do some strength training along with some cardio. When I last lost weight, I really didn't do any exercise, so I don't believe it's necessary for losing weight, but I know I need to do it for heart health and long term mobility. The more I read about it, the more I know I need to do it!

Happy Tuesday!!!!!!

Since many of us are experiencing rain šŸŒ§ļø today I thought I would ask-do you like rainy days?ā˜”ļø

Whatā€™s your favorite rainy day activity?

I personally do not like rain but I do force myself to get indoor tasks done when itā€™s rainingā€¦so while itā€™s not my favorite activity it is one that I do when itā€™s raining!!

I used to love to go shopping on rainy days! Back when we had great malls, I didn't think there was a better way to spend time, but now, most of our malls are a skeleton of what they once were.

Now, on rainy days, if it's not a work day, I like to try to get some things done around the house and maybe a movie in the evening. We do that most weekends anyway and having something to do out of the nasty weather makes it even better!

Iā€™m really looking forward to warm sunny days. I tend to stay at home in the rain and snow unless I have no other choice. I do household chores, read, and watch tv. By this time of year, Iā€™m pretty bored at home. The good news is that in a matter of weeks, itā€™ll be milder outside. Hopefully we had enough of a winter to prevent the pollen bomb we had last year.

I don't mind rain in the spring and summer but when it's already cold and dark in the winter? Ugh I just want to hibernate.
It started to rain as I was partway through the parking lot at work today. The walk that was a lovely way to start my day yesterday was a cold icky trudge today :crazy2:

When I have time on my hands in icky weather I like to bake/cook...today not one of those days. Karate class is now an emergency trip to the orthodontist...either way no magic in the kitchen tonight.

I don't mind rain in the spring and summer but when it's already cold and dark in the winter? Ugh I just want to hibernate.
It started to rain as I was partway through the parking lot at work today. The walk that was a lovely way to start my day yesterday was a cold icky trudge today :crazy2:

When I have time on my hands in icky weather I like to bake/cook...today not one of those days. Karate class is now an emergency trip to the orthodontist...either way no magic in the kitchen tonight.
Oh no! I hope your little one is ok!!!

Thanks! I looked this up - she looks very positive! I bookmarked the playlist and the pdf calendar showing what to do each day. Honestly, it looks a little intense for me at this point, but I definitely want to do some strength training along with some cardio. When I last lost weight, I really didn't do any exercise, so I don't believe it's necessary for losing weight, but I know I need to do it for heart health and long term mobility. The more I read about it, the more I know I need to do it!
When I started her programs in March 2020 I started using no weights (even if the video called for it) or 2 plastic water bottles instead of weightsā€¦then I worked my way up to 1lb, 3 lb and so on. Itā€™s hard for me to believe I have been following her And her programs for 4 years!!!!

When I started her programs in March 2020 I started using no weights (even if the video called for it) or 2 plastic water bottles instead of weightsā€¦then I worked my way up to 1lb, 3 lb and so on. Itā€™s hard for me to believe I have been following her And her programs for 4 years!!!!

That is a very good way of starting a weights program - thanks for sharing! I wouldn't have never thought about doing that!

I lost 3 pounds last week, and I was so excited. Took me down to 272.8. My goal for this month is to lose 7.8 pounds more. So about 2 per week. That will put me at 265 by Easter. I also would like to continue my walking routine (didn't walk last night as I had to go to Walmart (UGH!!!!) after work, and it was basically dark when I got home). But I went 2-1/2 miles tonight to make up for it. That's the most I've done in 5 weeks since I start walking daily. I would like to push that to 3 and then possibly 3-1/2 by the end of the month.

Is there a way to build weights into walking without looking silly walking down the sidewalk? If so, I'd like to maybe pick some up and try them. I also just discovered today that there are workouts on YouTube you can follow. I don't have any weights at home, so I looked up home workouts without weights. Some looked pretty exciting, so I'd like to try some at some point this month.

And I have to do it all in secret as my wife doesn't like me walking. I'm sure she won't like me working out. I started the year out doing pushups and situps, and she'd make fun of me saying I looked stupid wasting my time for nothing. She's not a fan of exercise or anything like that.

As far as when it's raining, I enjoy sitting inside and catching up on housework, laundry, baseball card sorting, all the fun stuff.

I also just discovered today that there are workouts on YouTube you can follow. I don't have any weights at home, so I looked up home workouts without weights. Some looked pretty exciting
Lots of great YouTube options. I like blogilates she has a quick burn series of 3-7 minute videos that target one area and get your heart rate up fast. Also runtheimpossible has a treadmill series of theme park walks. I put that on and walk in place in my living room...or make up an on the spot aerobic routine. Good luck! Having to work your routine around others is tough, I find myself having to do the same but it's usually because as soon as I start someone needs a drink or has a sudden desire to play a boardgame.

I lost 3 pounds last week, and I was so excited. Took me down to 272.8. My goal for this month is to lose 7.8 pounds more. So about 2 per week. That will put me at 265 by Easter. I also would like to continue my walking routine (didn't walk last night as I had to go to Walmart (UGH!!!!) after work, and it was basically dark when I got home). But I went 2-1/2 miles tonight to make up for it. That's the most I've done in 5 weeks since I start walking daily. I would like to push that to 3 and then possibly 3-1/2 by the end of the month.

Is there a way to build weights into walking without looking silly walking down the sidewalk? If so, I'd like to maybe pick some up and try them. I also just discovered today that there are workouts on YouTube you can follow. I don't have any weights at home, so I looked up home workouts without weights. Some looked pretty exciting, so I'd like to try some at some point this month.

And I have to do it all in secret as my wife doesn't like me walking. I'm sure she won't like me working out. I started the year out doing pushups and situps, and she'd make fun of me saying I looked stupid wasting my time for nothing. She's not a fan of exercise or anything like that.

As far as when it's raining, I enjoy sitting inside and catching up on housework, laundry, baseball card sorting, all the fun stuff.
Itā€™s difficult to deal with and overcome when those around you try to sabotage you. I have dealt with it for a while with coworkers and friends, but the worst offender is my husband. Iā€™ve tried secretly dieting and exercising which is impossible because he always finds out and comes home with the MOST tempting baked goods. He used to criticize the way I exercise because he was an accomplished athlete and I am not. His attempts to ā€œhelpā€ made me feel demeaned. Thatā€™s when I started exercising when he wasnā€™t around. I refuse to let him stop me because this isnā€™t just about vanityā€¦this is my health, my life. So when he brings ā€œtreatsā€ home, I either ignore it, savor one bite, or gently remind him that I would like to be alive to enjoy our future grandchildren.

I wish you well in your journey.

I have bala ankle weights! Have had them about 3 years and the Velcro is holding strong!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter