MARCH 2024 W.I.S.H. Thread-🌸Spring 🐣into Health ☘️

PAsFab5

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the March 2024 WISH thread! So glad you hopped 🐰 on in to celebrate the month of March☘️ with us!!! 💐

🌼We are a group if dis-ers of all ages and geographic locations who are here to support and encourage eachother in our healthier living goals. Whether you are looking to exercise more, lose weight, eat better, work on self-care or any other healthy living goal please join us! 🌷

🐣 We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

☘️MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY🌸

March 4th-10th: @PAsFab5
March 11th-17th @PollyannaMom
March 18th-24th @ShannyMcB
March 25th-31st @newski_mom

Last edited:

What are your weekend plans to bring in the new month?!
We don't have a lot going on socially (which is good, because last weekend was busy). I'm hoping to get some trip plans solidified and some housework done, and to catch up on some TV with DH. Tomorrow will likely be raining, but Sunday has the potential for a walk outside. 👟:sunny:

Weekend while likely be somewhat quiet. DS8 needs to finish his pinewood derby car and I have to work for a little bit.
We are having a couple fans installed and I am way more excited than I should be about them.
Completely unrelated but did anyone watch Elsbeth? Or do you watch So Help Me Todd? Thursday night TV is awesome again!

Good Morning!!! It’s a rainy chilly day here so I thought a favorite season quiz would be good for social Saturday!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/therubemister/make-a-house-and-i-will-tell-you-your-what-season-7zeritxqkw

I got:IMG_1536.jpeg
And that is 100% right I LOVE Summer-I sound like Olaf LOL!!

My weekend started pretty typical with visiting my mom then babysitting my niece until the evening yesterday. Today DH and I are walking at the SPCA then DD is working this afternoon.

I did the craziest thing thing this week. Did you ever see on social media people who take “day trips” to Disney…they get a super early and then a super late flight and go to a park for a day….well DD, her boyfriend and I are doing that next month!!!! I got a email with $50 RT flights on Spirit for a few days in April and I was like…well, you only live this life once-LOL! So wish us luck I will of course share a full report when we return!!! I know the day will not be perfect but it will be a amazing memory!

I got winter...which makes sense given this was an esthetics quiz :)
While buzzfeed has some fun quizzes I often wonder are these interior shots for real? Like white cabinets/walls/furniture would last an hour in my house. And not just because of the kids...I am a hot mess in the kitchen. Would is produced is delicious but oh does it ever look like a crime scene while I'm working! Forget a white couch...with my luck I'd have a nose bleed on it day 1.
Just did a fan piece count in prep for tomorrow. The first living room fan we got we had to return because it was missing a piece but all looks good with this one. The other fan was like 3 pieces plus bulbs so hard to goof that up.
Been making more of an effort to move during the day...even just a quick bit 5 min workout just to do SOMETHING...hopefully it gets me ready to start my speed walking once the weather warms up a smidge.

DS11 and I took our first "run" for the 5k which was mostly somewhat brisk walking with about 4 mins of jogging...but we did 1.25 miles in 20 mins so perfect pace to finish within the hour.

The fans are in and they look great, can't wait for it to be breezeway weather to use the one out there.

IMG_1543.jpeg
First Monday in March!!!

What goals are you setting for the month? How about this week?

For this month I hope to complete the workout series I am doing on YouTube. It’s 40 days-designed to be done 5 days a week with 2 rest days…mine does not always work out perfectly. On my SPCA days I CANNOT do any other form of exercise-the miles I walked paired with the pulling of the big does just takes it out of me…so normally I do it 4 days a week. I am on day 15 tomorrow so I hope to complete it by the end of the month!

For this week I hope to get 5 days in of the 5 day workout program and log my food!

Happy Monday everyone let’s make it a great one! 😎

View attachment 838613
Happy Sunday!!!! What’s everyone doing today?!?

It’s a gorgeous day here we just got home from church! Going to take a walk and enjoy as much time outside as possible!

I replied to the old thread before reading all the way through it to see that the new thread is up, so I'll copy it here too!

I'm back from the cruise DH and I just went on. We had a lovely time and met some new friends. It's good to get away, but it's always good to be back too.

Today my self-care was just getting things set up for the week ahead when we got home. I've got most of the laundry done (last load is in the dryer now) and otherwise, I caught up with DS about how his week was and watched a few TV shows. On the flight home, I started a new book. I want to start reading more, so that also made me feel good and somewhat accomplished.

Also, I can take the last week if no one else has claimed it yet!

I just stumbled upon this section of the dis boards. So this is my first post of any kind in these types of groups. Trying to figure out what it's about. I'm trying to exercise more, eat healthy, lose some weight, overall be a better person. Look forward to more interaction in this group.

I just stumbled upon this section of the dis boards. So this is my first post of any kind in these types of groups. Trying to figure out what it's about. I'm trying to exercise more, eat healthy, lose some weight, overall be a better person. Look forward to more interaction in this group.
Welcome!!! 🎉Your at the right place and we are so happy to have you ☺️

I replied to the old thread before reading all the way through it to see that the new thread is up, so I'll copy it here too!

I'm back from the cruise DH and I just went on. We had a lovely time and met some new friends. It's good to get away, but it's always good to be back too.

Today my self-care was just getting things set up for the week ahead when we got home. I've got most of the laundry done (last load is in the dryer now) and otherwise, I caught up with DS about how his week was and watched a few TV shows. On the flight home, I started a new book. I want to start reading more, so that also made me feel good and somewhat accomplished.

Also, I can take the last week if no one else has claimed it yet!
Welcome back I am so glad you had a good trip!!!! Thank you for taking the last week!!! 🎉❤️🥰

Ended up being busier Saturday than I thought, but just went back and did the quiz. I got fall, which is absolutely correct for me.

What goals are you setting for the month? How about this week?
I set a 600 minute goal for the month in the exercise thread, and for this week, I'm still working on balance / finding the sweet spot for routines. So far, switching my treadmill time from evening to morning has been good, but morning seems to be better for a lot of things, and I can't put everything in the same slot. :rotfl:

Welcome.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter