July 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread, Hello Sunshine!☀️

I’m thankful that we will be back on the beach soon watching seals and whales living their best lives.

I’m thankful that DD got another promotion at work as a visual stylist giving her more artistic license and better benefits.

I’m thankful for all of my blessings, especially the ones that I may not be aware of right now.

I am thankful that not only did my attachments come off yesterday but I am done with moving teeth around. My next few trays are 'passive' and then I go to a retainer for nighttime. And I am thankful that I get to bleach my teeth now and they give adult patients a bleaching kit they can use with their last few trays, so I get to do it with 'industrial strength' bleach. Really looking forward to flashing smiles around town with my bright shiny straight teeth.

I am again thankful that I have the means to travel. I've finished booking ADRs for my September WDW trip, which is now just six weeks away! And I'm going to Morocco in Feb/March! Real Morocco! I've been dreaming about this for about a year and can't believe it is going to happen. The artist I follow on IG who puts together retreats, normally Spring and Fall, but the Spring one sold out before I made up my mind. Then she added a new one for Feb last week and when I saw it I grabbed it.

Last edited:
I am grateful for so many things but foremost my family. Their love and support always carries me through the toughest of times though this morning as I cleaned the boys bathroom and ranted at the messiness I may not have been showing my love to them. Luckily for them they were out for a walk together.😂😂😂
So I guess I’m also grateful for the energy to do housework and have a rant to myself in equal measure 😂
I did come in from my walk to find them and their older sister helping with my Disney 1000 piece puzzle that they bought me for Christmas and I eventually opened yesterday evening but hadn’t got very far with so I’m also grateful they not only love each other they actually like each other too ❤️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 3
As soon as everyone is awake, we're off to Rocking Horse Ranch for a 3 day weekend. It's a cute family all inclusive in NY state which we've done in spring and winter but never in the summer when the outdoor pool complex is open. We're excited to hang out as a family and celebrate the end of my chemo. We've got one child left resting, so we'll see how much longer before she emerges.

As soon as everyone is awake, we're off to Rocking Horse Ranch for a 3 day weekend. It's a cute family all inclusive in NY state which we've done in spring and winter but never in the summer when the outdoor pool complex is open. We're excited to hang out as a family and celebrate the end of my chemo. We've got one child left resting, so we'll see how much longer before she emerges.

Sounds like a fun place! I love that you're just waiting until everyone gets up and is ready to go!

We don't have much going on this weekend - we have tickets purchased to see Oppenheimer tomorrow night. The theaters around us getting filled up already, so we went ahead and purchased ahead of time to be sure we get a seat. We typically buy ahead of time, but usually just before we leave the house and not a couple of days early.

Other than that, we'll probably watch the baseball game on Saturday afternoon before the movie and then do our typically lunch at my mom's after church and dinner at my MILs on Sunday. DH won't be at lunch Sunday because he's golfing in a tournament that morning, so hoping they have good weather for that.

I am most certainly ready for the weekend as this has been a week.

Saturday morning I have a haircut appt, hallelujah for that, then Sat afternoon I have a ticket for Oppenheimer - also pre-purchased. Sunday it's spin class in the morning, with my new padded biking shorts thank you very much, and then in the afternoon I'll be getting my pink on to go see Barbie.

I've dropped weight this week but don't feel like it was a particularly successful food week. In trying to adjust to no grain I've strayed away from some of the basics of the cleanse. So it is back to focusing on when and how to drink water and creating the fruit enhanced water that she recommends. I got in for reflexology yesterday and have acupuncture today so I'm hoping I'll finally start to see improvement in my feet. I need to be getting 10,000+ steps in, because I'm close enough to my WDW vacation that I need to be in training. I am determined to make this, my do-over of my do-over trip that was my four times re-booked trip, the best trip ever and that means a lot of time on my feet.

Today is DS now 11's birthday and yesterday was DH's. The 19th would have been my mom's birthday and the 20th my parents anniversary so kind of a bittersweet few days.
DH and I have entered the h!ll that is buying a car in 2023. Has anyone tried lately? Scheduling a test drive is a nightmare...gone are the days of strolling onto a lot and pointing to any of the 85 cars in your price range. It took days worth of texts and emails to test a Mazda yesterday and a kia and Nissan tomorrow. DH does not get it, I have been sending emails, texts, researching any time I had a few mins free during the day....he just called to express frustration at my approach. My mother in law overheard the conversation and must have said something because his attitude lessened later in the night. As I am a stress eater this was less than ideal.
DH and the boys are going fishing tomorrow and my MIL is taking DD to a swim lesson for neurosivergent kids. She LOVES to swim and is pretty good but needs to learn some caution. So what to do with myself....time in the garden, maybe a walk? The stuff I should have done between the time I got out of work and the time I had to go to the boys end of camp show today. But I had a headache so I put on some standup comedy and took a nap....which in hindsight was probably a better use of my time.

I'm back from vacation for just a few days before we take the next part of our vacation and then that's the end of my summer break. We loved seeing our friends in Buffalo, NY and had a great time, despite the smoke. Went to Niagara Falls but because of the smoke, we didn't do any of the touristy stuff we had planned. We did go to Canada for pictures and I had to go to a Tim Horton's (meh) because I'd heard they were a thing.

Had a great time in Florida. Nice to spend time with my brother then we headed over towards Tampa and were blobs for almost a week. Soooo lovely. Our hotel had a kitchen, but we just used the fridge and microwave. Loved that we could buy salad, fruits and veggies. Also loved that our favorite dining place makes a mean beans and rice dish which we had for take out dinner at least once! I maintained my weight so that was good.

We came home specifically so we could help at our church this weekend. There's a big event and they always need lots of hands (like 150 people volunteer over the weekend!). We weren't supposed to work today, but got called in anyway. Which was fine. We had time to pick some blueberries (16 pounds) and I got half of them washed and frozen before we had to help. I'm about to bag them up and start on round two! I think we'll pick again Monday morning. I eat blueberries every morning on my oatmeal. They are soooo good. We leave Tuesday morning for New York City.

Good morning all! I woke up at 2:30 AM, and we got on the road around 4:20 AM so that we could avoid the crazy summer Cape Cod traffic. It will get us to our resort far too early so we are going to Stop & Shop in Orleans. We have an empty cooler to fill. I just want to get there, put my toes in the sand and endlessly stare at Cape Cod Bay.

IMG_1573.jpeg

I got orange, which I love as a color but being mostly introverted it would be a bit of a stretch to get the personality profile to fit.

Last night I dreamed that the gal who does nails at the place I get my hair cut had a cancelation and I was able to get a pedi. And guess what… it happened! So now I’m nicely groomed top and bottom. She didn’t have availability for another appt before I head to WDW, so I had the brilliant idea to get a pedi there and booked myself an appt at the Grand Floridian Spa my the first day of my trip. That’s a MK day, so it works out beautifully.

Happy Saturday!! I had fun reading and catching up!!

Vacation is over-sad it’s over but happy to be back home with the dogs and eating healthy again!!

I ate everything I wanted and everything was delicious!! Most days I had ice cream…twice 🤣 Giving myself until next Friday to hit the scale so that I don’t freak out LOL.

DH and I volunteered at the spca today and I got 6 miles in so that was a good start.

Tomorrow we will go to church and then I am taking my sister on a belated bday treat-we are going to a local rail road and riding in the first class dining car for a wine and cheese tour!! We have never done anything like this before so we are both excited!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

BE80ADCF-F0FB-4F25-8ACA-AB1D90CE4EF4.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter