July 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread, Hello Sunshine!☀️

Ok unofficial poll... DH and I test drove cars and we have narrowed it down to 2. Does anyone drive a hyundai or a Mazda and if so what are your thoughts.

One guy we dealt with...ugh....he was like a caricature of a car salesman. He clearly missed the entire #metoo movement. Kept telling me to smile and asked me about colors....dude I scheduled the appointment just get the keys and let me drive. Even if I had loved the car we test drove there I would have left to buy from somewhere else. That was not one of the two above.

Another place a woman greeted us and a guy tried to like take us from her. We followed her in and she legit apologized and made a comment about boundaries. I said to DH these are two examples of why "down with the patriarchy" is a thing. I don't think he really got it before but the light bulb seems to be flickering on now.

Ok unofficial poll... DH and I test drove cars and we have narrowed it down to 2. Does anyone drive a hyundai or a Mazda and if so what are your thoughts.

One guy we dealt with...ugh....he was like a caricature of a car salesman. He clearly missed the entire #metoo movement. Kept telling me to smile and asked me about colors....dude I scheduled the appointment just get the keys and let me drive. Even if I had loved the car we test drove there I would have left to buy from somewhere else. That was not one of the two above.

Another place a woman greeted us and a guy tried to like take us from her. We followed her in and she legit apologized and made a comment about boundaries. I said to DH these are two examples of why "down with the patriarchy" is a thing. I don't think he really got it before but the light bulb seems to be flickering on now.
First I want to say I am sorry about your car buying experience!!! How unprofessional!!!

I have a 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe-3 row-and absolutely love it. The warranty sold us on it but it is so comfortable, so functional and all I have done to it is tires, brakes and oil changes. We have had it 6 years now and I have 60,000 miles on it with no issues at all. I know they replaced my model with a different 3 row SUV and we rode in one with Uber and the driver said she absolutely loves hers as well. Also, I got a new Elantra as a rental on a recent work trip and absolutely loved it-gas mileage was amazing!!!

Good luck with your car buying-I feel your pain it’s not fun!!

DH says this really shouldn't count, but we bought a new Mazda minivan in 2003 (it was only $500 more than the used cars we were looking at). He says it is one of the best cars we ever had. We gave it to our youngest a year ago. Never had any troubles with it. He says modern Mazdas are very reliable according to all the car magazines he reads and that Hyundais have a good warranty program. And of course he's not really reading magazines (except the yearly consumer reports car one), but clicking articles online and watching car reviews on youtube.

It's the last day of our long weekend. We checkout today but will stay on property enjoying the activities until late afternoon. I'm the only early riser in my family, so I'm scrolling in my pjs in one of the common areas while the crew sleeps. Fingers crossed they rest a while longer because they woke up too early yesterday and everyone was grumpy!

Once again my Sunday of self-care has started off with Spin class. Last week the battery on the bike wasn't working so I really didn't know what I had done. I went in today with a goal of 10 miles and did 13, and I also did some intervals of pushing it. I can't figure out how to get spinning entered into my FitBit, but it should have been at least 600 calories burned.

Saw Oppenheimer yesterday. It was really good and I do recommend seeing it but there were a few niggly things that bothered me a bit. I go see Barbie at 1pm today and have a cute pink top to wear and I'm really in the mood for some nostalgic silliness.

I've started collecting limpet shells on my beach walks but this week the tides were high in the evening hours, so the water has been above where you find them. Low tide is at 2pm today, so after the movie I'm headed down to the beach for a walk and some sea shelling. Other than that I absolutely have to clean up the bathroom. And I've been feeling like there is way too much stuff laying around the house (this after all the clearing and purging I did during the move), so I'm going to start strip-mining and getting things cleared out. Again.

I don't have a comment on a hyundai or Mazda, we've never had either make, but I can relate to the car salesman situations - When we were buying a car years ago, we went into our local Ford dealer and the salesman kept asking questions phrasing them similar to this, - so, what time does your wife get off work? What features is your wife looking for? - I'm like, I'm right here, you can talk to me! So annoying!

I love the meme for today - it is hard to remember that we are as important as other people, but so important to remember that. My self care for today - I'm getting ready to take a small nap before we head to my MILs for dinner tonight. We are taking watermelon and I have it all cut up and ready to go, so I'm going to nap for about 45 minutes until we leave.

Also, today at lunch, I stood up a bit to my BIL - some wouldn't call that self-care, but usually just stay quiet about things and it made me feel better to say something politely. My sister was talking about something she was going to do at work tomorrow. She had come up with a new plan to tackle a responsibility that she has that stresses her out. He was very critical of it and basically told her it was a dumb plan. I told her that I thought it was a good idea and there was absolutely no downside to trying it. If it didn't work, she could always do it the usual way. He aggravates me at times because he is critical of her and then their kids follow along (being critical of my sister) and it just gets on my nerves. I usually don't say anything, but I felt like I was standing up for her today.

I don't mean to indicate that he is abusive or anything to her, but he is just a very critical person and I don't think he sees it in himself.

Sunday has come. As you prepare for the week ahead, what are you doing to fill your own cup?

Some crafting earlier, then a little "recreational shopping". (I did have to run out to get a birthday card, but I dawdled around looking at stuff, just because it was fun.) DH and I are going out to dinner, so I'm also counting not cooking.

I love that quote! It's kind of like your life is a series of choices that we make every day - same way with your attitude.

My motivation this week is my DH - he's such an upbeat person and lately I've noticed that I don't match his enthusiasm and I need to work on that.

I think part of it is that I just need to get more sleep. He's always been someone who could get by on 5ish hours of sleep a night. I am not the same way! I've been getting by...we usually go to bed at the same time and he just gets up earlier than me. But, I have to get up during the week at 6 and we've just been going to bed too late. I think I'm just tired all of the time and it's wearing on me.

This may not be the best week for my new experiment, because I have an out of town meeting this week and will probably be out late with some coworkers and not much downtime while we'll be gone from Wed - Sat. I'm going to do my best though!

Driving into the week with this gal.

1690211949913.png

Man I loved this movie, it was so much fun but also deeper and more emotional than I expected. And the audience was hooting and hollering which also adds to the fun. After leaving the theater I ordered myself a pair of pink Birkenstocks just to keep the vibe going.

Barbie and I have a big work week ahead of us, as I should hear at some point whether I'm being moved into the new Org or staying where I am. I'm fine with either, I just want to know so I can move forward. I also have an appointment with a new doctor, a western medicine doctor who is in network, something I haven't had for a very long time. And I have another Spin class Tuesday evening, with the ultimate goal being going Tues/Thurs/Sun, but I have a reflexology appt this Thursday, so maybe next week. I'm looking forward to being able to get clear measurement of improvement.

I'm bushed and I have hardly any steps to show for it! I feel like I've been going all day long--and I still have work to do. DH and I picked 22 pounds of blueberries first thing this morning. Then of course you have to wash and freeze them. That on top of not sleeping well last night, the regular housekeeping, laundry, and working to get rid of the morning glory invading our back yard and I'm tired. I did convince DH to make dinner (nachos), which was super nice. I literally cannot remember the last time he made dinner!!! Now I have to pack up for our trip tomorrow. Think we're leaving here at 5:00 AM. New York City will be warm, but not unbearable so we are glad! Today while I was taking a nice little break texting a girlfriend who contacted me out of the blue, DH had pulled up google map and was looking for diners around our hotel! And he wanted to see how far we were from Juniors! :rotfl2:

So far it's been kind of a rough week. The engineering manager I work with has given her two week notice and while I fully support her for making this choice, I'm angry that her leadership team let this happen and didn't take care of her. But a little woohoo out of the situation, I really needed to make some changes in how I work with her and now that's a moot point, I now have an open playing field to make the adjustments I need to make in how I'm doing my job. And woohoo for her as she's taking the rest of the year off to rebalance and have quality family time.

Woohoo that I'm starting to feel thin, or at least thinner. I still have plenty of belly to lose but I can feel the weight loss in my arms and legs and see it in the mirror. I'm wearing size XL right now, but in another five pounds or so I think I'll be close to L, which I haven't worn for a very long time.

And woohoo I actually liked the new doctor I saw yesterday. I really didn't have a choice as most doctor's listed as in-network weren't accepting new patients, so I feel like I got lucky. And sitting there giving her my medical history I thought "wow, for a 67 year old I'm actually in really good health". Now I have to do a string of tests that I'm way behind schedule on, including the colon screening... fun times ahead.

Hi, folks, sorry for the lack of a "Topic Tuesday" post yesterday. - I missed the reminder I thought I set in my phone. It looks like a perfect question already sort of came up, though -

How do you maintain healthy habits during busy times?

(Please feel free to add your "WooHoo Wednesday" posts too!)

Hello Friends!!! I’m behind, feeling off and if seems like everyone I speak to is feeling the same!

@Oneanne i am so proud of you and your weight loss!!! Your doing amazing!!!

I have had swimmers ear all week and I am just now starting to get better-took about 36 hours for the drops to start working. The pain was so intense it took my breath away sometimes!

During busy times I try to stay consistent with my water and working out, even if I can do nothing else. Nights I know I will be busy or getting home late I put a crock pot meal into my meal plan so I don’t find myself in a drive thru window situation.

Whooohoooo to finally feeling better! Also got my performance review and award this week so whoohoooo to paying off my November and December Disney trips!!!

How do you maintain healthy habits during busy times?
The busier I get, the more I have to lean on routines to maintain healthy choices. For instance, I cut my snack veggies first thing when I get home from the grocery store so there's no excuse to avoid the veggies and eat from the pantry instead. I also set a morning alarm and make my workout my first priority of the day. It's easier for me to blow off evening exercise is I've had a long day, but I'm more likely to get it in if it's first thing before the stress of the day has worn me down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter