July 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread, Hello Sunshine!☀️

I will admit that this is where I often fail -when life gets busy or the unexpected happens I often find myself turning to less healthy foods or forgoing my walks which then leads to me making more unhealthy choices (like chocolate). I am trying to manage this by planning my meals and snacks for the week ahead and writing it down so that it’s right there in front of me and I’m hoping this will help me form healthier habits that will eventually become automatic. The planner also helps with grocery shopping and less food waste so I actually save a little money too

I'm thankful that work starts to repair our kitchen wall/ceiling tomorrow. We had a leak from the second floor into the first which took over a week to dry out and then we had to wait for quotes to get it repaired. The contractor we're going with is generally 8 weeks out on booking but, since our job is small and close by, he's able to fit us in at the beginning or end of the day and get it done now.

Thankful for air conditioning! And for having access to clean, reliable water.

Thankful for my company wellness center. It is not in the building I generally work in, but it's handy being able to go to the other office and see a nurse practitioner during the work day, quickly. Got my sinus/throat situation checked out, meds prescribed and was back to my computer in 20 minutes.

The sinus/throat thing has left me with that weird head floating feeling. DD is just getting over it too and boy has it messed up potty training. But we're both coming to the other side of it, another thing to be thankful for, well in advance of mini vaca #2.

Thankful for my company wellness center. It is not in the building I generally work in, but it's handy being able to go to the other office and see a nurse practitioner during the work day, quickly. Got my sinus/throat situation checked out, meds prescribed and was back to my computer in 20 minutes.

That's amazing! - like a school nurse for grown-ups ❤️

This continues to be a rough work week. I find myself being outright angry several times a day, so I am thankful to be working at home where I can go out to the yard for a few minutes to destress. I am also thankful that I live here and have easy access to so many beautiful spots for after work walks.

I'm thankful that whenever I'm facing an area of my job where I feel I'm not very skilled I get an immediate follow to deal with something I am good at. I'm taking note of these things to help me forge a path to the future.

And I'm thankful that I have an appt with my counselor today and an appointment for reflexology as both with really help with re-balancing and gearing up for the roughness yet to come.

I’m thankful that yesterday I got to spend the day at the seaside with my sister, 2 out of 3 of my kids (1 is away traveling Europe with friends) and my two grandkids. I have been going to Newcastle County Down every single summer (minus 2020) since I was born. It’s a family tradition that has passed down from my parents, through us to my kids and now my grandkids. We had great fun and the rain stayed mostly away. So good for the soul to sit and chat, picnic and play to the sound of the sea surrounded by the beautiful Mourne Mountains.

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpeg
    IMG_0613.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 3
So glad it is Friday.

I decided I need to do something big and different over the weekend, so I booked myself to go on the all-day whale watching tour that stops in Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands. It's a bit of a drive to get there, but by water it really isn't that far away. We'll see Orca for sure and I heard that there have been Humpback Whales in the area as well, so fingers crossed we'll see them as well. And Friday Harbor is a really cute little town to wander around in.

1690555548120.png

Saturday will be mostly chores but I've been wanting to go to something musical and will take a look to see what is happening, it is peak summer so there should be several things to chose from.

Managed to squeeze in a good walk before it got super hot today. The first half of the walk was beautiful I went towards the water and the breeze was lovely but by the time I got home I was sweating. The bay is legit less than half a mile from my house but it is seriously 5-10 degrees cooler on that end of the neighborhood!

Made a lazy dinner of shaved steak sandwiches. And bought a couple Christmas t-shirts for DD and DS8 for our trip to Santa's Village in a few weeks. DS11 still fits in his from last winter. Over the next few weeks MIL and I need to tackle the kids closets and drawers so I can see what they need for the school year.

Been noticing dragonflies around my car a lot the last few days and was thinking someone must be trying to tell me something. Fast forward to a dream I had last night where my dad told me he would always be watching out for me. Woke up with some happy tears there. Funny thing is the car dealership with the jerk of a salesman was a place my dad hated. So I said to him you know you could have just showed us an icky car instead of sending this butthole to us if you didn't want us getting a car from there....I'm sure he found that funny.

Nothing major planned for the weekend. Hopefully I can keep the kids amused tomorrow while it's raining.

Nothing major planned for the weekend. Hopefully I can keep the kids amused tomorrow while it's raining.

The little ones I used to watch loved "rainy day in a bag". I would write a bunch of things to do on slips of paper, and they took turns drawing them out. - It's amazing how the same old games became exciting. :rotfl: - I did simple things like Mother May I? and Simon Says, reading time, Yoga on You Tube...threw in a couple of easy chores, too. 🤫

1690640911598.png
Hmmm...not sure about this, I think I might be the sea witch!

I have to make a road trip to JJill today to return some things, so I did a test pack and laid out outfits for WDW to see if I'm missing anything. I'm not. I've got more than enough summer clothing. Won't stop me from picking out something new while I'm there tho.

Had a good acupuncture session yesterday. I told him that my feet had been sore after reflexology, which is a new thing as they usually feel really good. He thinks the nervous system in my feet might be repairing itself which is really exciting, I'll gladly go thru soreness to get to the long term goal of having happy feet again... and the happier they are by the time I get to WDW, the better.

EA0891DB-8AA3-4DAF-8215-C460E590966D.jpeg

Happy Saturday!!!!! I enjoyed hearing everyone’s weekend plans! Whale watching-oh my goodness I would be so excited about that!!!

I did not babysit yesterday, which was odd for sure! I did take DD to and from work and got stuff done around the house.

DH and I volunteered this morning and we were the only regular big dog walkers….got a little over 6 miles in but we struggled in the heat and humidity. It was 95 today, but the humidity and heat are to break overnight.

Tomorrow DD, DD2s girlfriend and my niece and going to Hersheypark for the day!

1690685353823.png

I also got Belle

I've been gone the last few days - we had a work convention in Nashville and we got to stay at the Opryland Hotel. It was so beautiful! We had meetings to attend, but there was quite a bit of downtime and we had a very nice time. From our company, our GM (my boss), sales manager and area manager went as well as our board of directors and everyone's spouses. We took a bus there and back (it's about 6 hours from our office), which was nice. It doesn't seem like you should be tired after sitting in morning meetings and then riding a bus all day, but I'm about ready to go to bed for the evening!

I always read the boards on my computer, but being away again with some downtime made me start wondering if there's an easy way to access them on phones. I didn't see an app, so is the only way to just use safari (or another browser) on your phone?

I didn't see an app, so is the only way to just use safari (or another browser) on your phone?
I think they tried one for a bit, but it wasn't compatible with a later upgrade or something??

I have the regular site bookmarked in Safari on my phone, and it's usually fine. (Some things are a lot easier to do on the computer, but a couple things are actually more convenient, plus it's nice to be able to pop on whenever.) I end up using both the phone and PC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter