• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jorts For Men?? Are They Ever Acceptable?

as stated before I wear denim shorts 95% of the time, I will admit I own a couple of pairs of khaki type shorts, only wear them if going out to nicer place to eat, or church.. Also must admit have a few pairs of cargo's, only to wear at disney so i can fit everything in pockets and avoid bag search... I normally only wear long pants for work weddings and funerals, and when I go horseback riding... If I showed up some where in plaid shorts my friend's would ask me who dressed you your mom or gramma...

Jorts are always acceptable as long as you don't let some stranger with a fake french accent tell you what you can wear and what you cannot. I hate our society for that thing. Who assigned these people the job of telling us what they find acceptable or do not and then ridiculing others for their choices. If it's comfortable and if you like it and if you don't have exposed body parts then wear what you want and stop being like a herd of sheep. We are such mindless people that have this unexplainable need to be liked by everyone to the point of complete submission.

The irony is that the people that should matter do not even care one iota what you are wearing. The rest of the people almost to a person couldn't care less or don't even pay attention.

Went to Cedar Point today & decided to check out this theory that men don't wear denim shorts. I counted about 50 in less than 10 minutes. Men of all ages but it seemed like most were in their 20's or 30's. No reason to keep counting after that because it's pretty clear, around here, nobody got the "no denim shorts" memo. I didn't see any men in short shorts. :confused3

Bad example, since it's common knowledge that Sandusky is the Gainesville, FL of Ohio. ;)

How do cargo shorts made out of denim look worse than cargo shorts made out of any other material? That is what I'm not getting.

If you get it, no explanation is necessary. If you don't get it, no explanation is possible.

So jorts are out but jandals are in? Have you SEEN jandals? Are 14 year old girls making these rules?

Nothing wrong with jandals.....as long as you don't wear socks with them.

Sandusky is the Gainesville? What is that supposed to mean? I guess Gainesville must be a great place then if we're being compared to it.

There are so many fashion faux pas it would make your head spin if you wanted to kee up, just wear what's comfortable and don't worry.....just for kicks here's a few

-iPhone clip on belt (dad style)
-Pants tucked in with no belt
-Belt should correspond with shoes
-jeans with sneakers (unless they are trendy lol
-wearing white before Easter (lame)
-wearing straw hat in winter
-mom jeans

So many more.....

I just asked my DS15 if anyone wears jean shorts to school and he's like, "jorts, are you kidding me, only tools where those." ha!

I have never heard the term "jorts" and was surprised that he had. Guess I'm getting too old. My son will only wear basketball or cargo shorts that are two inches below his knee. I just got rid of a drawer full of shorter, to his knee shorts, that he would not wear. I told him if the shorter shorts come back in style, he's replacing his wardrobe this time!

Now I have a BIL51 that has been wearing shorter, to the thigh shorts all these years. Now I think he looks like a "tool" cause the style is longer. Maybe he's going to be coming back in style now.ha

We're not fashion hounds at our house, but my young 20's sons informed me some time ago that jorts are a definite no-go. Not sure where they got their fashion news. Do they do a segment on fashion "don'ts" on ESPN or South Park?

If jorts are the worst a man wears, you're lucky. This is how my DH dresses (I DO NOT pick out his clothes)

image(28).jpeg

I saw jeggings at Target today. Sorry not a fan if anyone else is. I'd rather see jorts for sure.

eh... after a certain age it doesn't matter.

Don't ask me what age that is.

But, just to weigh-in - no jorts here. However, I do have quite a few pairs of cargo shorts which I wear with no problem.

Last edited:
Jorts are the male equivalent of sweatshirts with cats embroidered all over them...best worn on those who are age 60 and older.

My DH doesn't wear jorts. My dad does, with suspenders mind you, and I think he looks adorable in them!

I guess I own a pair or two of jorts, but for no particular reason, I think they've sunk to the bottom of the shorts drawer. I'll be sure to put them in the donation bag next time I go.

I do have and wear several pair of cargo shorts and most of those are khaki. I'd really hate to give them up, especially going somewhere when I need to carry along keys, a phone, possibly a small camera, wallet, etc. And at Disney, they're my bag line buster. I'll gladly keep wearing them to avoid carrying some kind of bag around the parks.

And I'm old enough that I don't really care too much. I don't want to look like an idiot, but I'm perfectly content kind of fading into the background.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter