• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jorts For Men?? Are They Ever Acceptable?

Wow, OP, you spent a lot of time googling pictures of half-naked men. Not that there's anything wrong with that... ;)

It was a welcome relief from my usual daily habit of googling photos of fully-naked men. ;) Definitely nothing wrong with that.

Jorts are all the rage in Gainesville. They go great with the mullet and 85 Z-28.

I was unaware of any association between U of Florida/Gainesville and jorts when I saw that photo.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last night partner and I kept our eyes peeled for men wearing jorts on the Boardwalk. Between the two of us, out of several hundred men, we saw three, all guys 50ish or older. Not a single pair of cut-off jean shorts. The majority of men who were wearing shorts had knee length ones, or just slightly above or below the knee. About an equal mixture of cargo shorts, plain, or athletic type. And not a single solitary currently "fashionable" shorter shorts. The obvious conclusion from this scientifically valid experiment: Unlike lots of women, most men aren't slaves to fashion trends.

I have a clean record. I've never been convicted of being in fashion, and I doubt I've ever even been accused of it.

Went to Cedar Point today & decided to check out this theory that men don't wear denim shorts. I counted about 50 in less than 10 minutes. Men of all ages but it seemed like most were in their 20's or 30's. No reason to keep counting after that because it's pretty clear, around here, nobody got the "no denim shorts" memo. I didn't see any men in short shorts. :confused3

Jorts? That sounds like some sort of lawn game that will quickly be recalled because some kid got hurt, doesn't it? I used to wear cut-offs all the time. They were comfortable, looked good, and were essentially free since they were just a reboot of a pair of jeans that had become too disreputable to wear as jeans. They were short, too, maybe an inch below the pockets, but that was the length of men's shorts when I was a young man. (You know, back in the late Pleistocene?) I still refuse to wear shorts at or below my knee, regardless of how hard Tex Jr. tries to change my mind.

Jorts? That sounds like some sort of lawn game that will quickly be recalled because some kid got hurt, doesn't it? I used to wear cut-offs all the time. They were comfortable, looked good, and were essentially free since they were just a reboot of a pair of jeans that had become too disreputable to wear as jeans. They were short, too, maybe an inch below the pockets, but that was the length of men's shorts when I was a young man. (You know, back in the late Pleistocene?) I still refuse to wear shorts at or below my knee, regardless of how hard Tex Jr. tries to change my mind.
Shorts at or below the knee are not shorts. They are longs. And men look like Barney Rubble in them.

A buddy of mine who is gay told me that only gay men can pull off wearing jorts. He also added that the vast majority of gay men have enough fashion sense never to wear them.
The one guy I know who can pull off cutoffs is str8. Neither I, DH, nor any of my other gay friends will wear them.

I have never heard anything more ridiculous, never heard of the word jorts.. From may thru oct I wear denim shorts 95 percent of the time, the rest of the year 50 percent even when its 20 degrees out... I would say in warmer weather 70 to 80 percent of my my male friends, age 20 to 70 wear denim shorts a majrority of the time....

Dh and one son wear kaki or fabric shorts
Other ds wears cargo shorts or jogger shorts
Jean shorts are very passé

Jorts are the male equivalent to "mom Jeans". Just because people do wear them doesn't mean they look good!

My DH and teenage sons wear khaki, plaid fabric or cargo type shorts to the knee. DS15 will wear athletic shorts if he is out playing sports or lounging in the house. He wouldn't wear them to school or anything.

Jorts are the male equivalent to "mom Jeans". Just because people do wear them doesn't mean they look good!

My DH and teenage sons wear khaki, plaid fabric or cargo type shorts to the knee. DS15 will wear athletic shorts if he is out playing sports or lounging in the house. He wouldn't wear them to school or anything.
How do cargo shorts made out of denim look worse than cargo shorts made out of any other material? That is what I'm not getting.

So jorts are out but jandals are in? Have you SEEN jandals? Are 14 year old girls making these rules?

OK, I googled them and it seems they have 2 meanings. Jesus type sandals and NZ for flip flops. Not sure which one is right.

How do cargo shorts made out of denim look worse than cargo shorts made out of any other material? That is what I'm not getting.
Denim shorts are out of style, khaki shorts aren't regardless of how they look, it's just the way "fashion" goes, as I stated earlier adults shouldn't worry about such things....

they are skinny=baggy shorts are more 'in"...but DH wears like Ralph Lauren linen shorts-or in summer ones with tiny palm trees embroidered all over-Tommy Bahama

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter