January 2024 W.I.S.H. Thread - Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

I’m hoping to finish this awful testing today even though I will be completely alone. The plan is to put up all of the “Do not disturb” signage, station a competent student at the door where he can work on his iPad and monitor the door. Everyone else will also be on iPads while I can attempt to finish this hot mess of a test. I saved all of the Portuguese speakers so that it’s easier to translate the directions rather than switching back and forth between languages.

Then we will do something fun in the afternoon unless the snow sends us home early.

Monday is the first day of the new marking period and it’s my turn for the after school program to use my classroom. UGH!!!!!😩 Every day I will have to batten down the hatches to protect my things. The supervision stinks, and my things get broken and stolen. ☹️ I am also unable to stay after and work in my room because they don’t leave me alone.

Good news is that the school year is halfway over, and I am that much closer to summer. 💕🌊☀️

Kids have a snow day but we are still having them get up early. Jeff took a half day this morning and will be taking each kids out for about an hour to drive in the snow that we have gotten. The main road by us seems to be plowed and in good condition but the back roads are not. Neither kid has driven in this kind of snow yet so it is a good time to learn.

Snow really just started picking up now. At one point yesterday, they were predicting 9-12 inches for us but as of this morning that has shifted a little kbit to the east so now they are saying 5-9 inches. It all depends on the lake affect that is really had to predict. We are supposed to get snow all day, so today will be staying in for the most part. both kids have to work tonight. Nick will probably drive but we will see how Elizabeth feels about it. She is good at letting us know when she is not comfortable driving. If she wants us to drive her, we will. This is for her second job that she has picked up and is no more then 5 minutes away.

Tomorrow will most likely shopping, football and maybe some cleaning. Sunday will be much of the same. We did finally get tall the Christmas decorations down last week.

We're going to go see American Fiction tonight! I think it looks really good, so definitely looking forward to it!

Tomorrow I think we might go to a couple of jewelry stores to see about getting one of my rings fixed. DH got it for my for our 10th anniversary. It's the type of setting with 3 diamonds on it with the middle one sitting higher than the other two. About 4 years ago, one of the diamonds fell out and I took it somewhere to get the diamond replaced. They told me that the way it was designed, it really doesn't have enough prongs to securely hold the setting in place, but I told them to go ahead and fix it. Well, it happened again - one of the stones fell out. I think I'm going to go back and see if they can use the two diamonds that are left to put in another ring or if it would just be best to start over. The diamonds aren't super big or anything, but I have no idea on prices / values for them, so I need to get some information so I can make a decision on what I want to do.

Well hallelujah the roads are clear. I went out and got my morning chai and saw some real live people. Tomorrow I'm going for a drive, somewhere, not quite sure where yet. Most likely just the fancy grocery store 45 minutes away but it will be great to get out of the house. Sunday will be lunch and a movie. And both days will include some walking on the beach.

I'm starting to plan clothing for my trip end of February, trying to keep it to a minimum so there is suitcase room to bring home things that have been purchased. Cat care is taken care of so the only thing left is reserve airport parking. Hard to beleive it is now only 30 days away!

I have kind of a mixed WooHoo - WooHoo that my son was not hurt at all in his accident (not WooHoo that he had the accident)

He was headed home last night and flipped his car in a ditch. It was snowing and he hit a patch with packed snow, lost control of his car and ended up in the ditch. Amazingly, he wasn't hurt! I'm sure his car is totaled, but it kept him safe, so I'm ever thankful for that!
So glad he is ok 🙏🏼❤️

Hello Friends and Happy Friday!! I am all caught up and it seems like we are all having bad weather!!!

We got 3 inches Tuesday and another 5 for today.

The hospital is a hour away from me (without traffic or weather) so I have not been able to see my mom since Monday☹️. Tomorrow night is my night to stay overnight with her so looking forward to seeing her.

Progress for mom this week has all been positive but slow. It’s going to be slow and I have accepted that this will be a marathon not a sprint. Her walking and sitting in chairs are going well. Speech is making a visit today to do some tests to determine if she can start having soft foods. Wednesday she was allowed ice.

All other things are going well, thankfully. We take our kids next Saturday to Puerto Rico for their Christmas gift and I am struggling about going, but I keep reminding myself mom is doing better and my kids have planned over a year for this-time off work, school-both for some of them. I can FaceTime mom everyday and I know she’s in good hands.

I hope everyone stays warm and dry and enjoys their Friday!

8/10 not bad.
Got a some flurries last night but not bad. Was able to see a friend I haven't seen in ages. DD was having some tummy trouble that caused some chaos and we got an impromptu flute/recorder concert from the DSs...overall a nice visit though.
Today i made a tomato/assorted veggie broth for DS for when his braces go on...something he can easily eat. Going to make some sweet potato rolls to use up a bag I got a week or so ago.
Super ready for a nap though been dragging all week

Update sweet potato rolls are AWESOME
https://pin.it/6xT5YNrOX

Last edited:
6/10... not bad considering how few Disney movies I've actually seen.

Did my drive-about this morning and it was glorious... and expensive. I ended up at two yarn stores, a fabric shop and the grocery store. But it felt so good to get out and the weather was perfect.

I got a 6/10. I think 2 were ones I have never seen and one I knew I picked the wrong one as I was clicking. But not to bad as I am usually really bad at remembering these.

We got about 10 + inches on snow on Friday. I am guessing we ended up around 11. Jeff took the kids out driving in it since this is new to them since starting to drive. Elizabeth and I ventured out around 5 to pick up food for dinner. We just went to the grocery store and it is only 2 turns from us so we were not going far. It is maybe a mile or two from us and I didn;t have to go on the main road. Roads were terrible but we survived.

I got a dutch oven last week and I have been looking for recipes to make. Last week I made a bolognese sauce (with homemade noodles with my new Kitchen Aid attachment) and also a beef vegetable soup. Yesterday, I made pork chops with carrots and it was really good. Tonight I am making chicken paprikash. All my husband needed to do to get me to cook more again (I have been in a rut lately) was getting me a new pan.

For self care today, I have been hanging out with the kids. We went to breakfast this morning and then Elizabeth and I gave the dog a bath and then made cookies. Right now I am helping Nick with essays for scholarships. It is starting to hit me that there is not much time left before they go off to college.

I got 9/10 on the quiz! Wish I had done that well in school 😂

Yesterday DH and I walked at the SPCA in negative temps and snow up to our knees in some places…what nightmare. But a workout-uphill in the snow against the wind-WHEW!! And we survived!

Met my sister at the SPCA and got my niece for the day while my sister visited with mom. We met at the hospital and swapped places after dinner.

Last night started off well with mom but turned hectic overnight. She was up every 1-5 minutes all night long-straight up in bed and throwing her legs over the side to stand up. She did this from about 11pm until around 5am. She has a full time night attendant that just sits and watches her now. She’s so strong in her body, she can do whatever she wants but her eyes are almost always closed and her mind is not there yet.

The nurse told me last night based on his experience she will be like this for months. That is not a surprise to me, I expected this. The more sleep, peace and rest she gets the quicker her mind will restore but she also needs time.

I went to church, napped and took a 2 mile walk with the dog today! I am so tired I could go to bed right now…trying to stay up a few more hours!

I got 9/10 on the quiz! Wish I had done that well in school 😂

Yesterday DH and I walked at the SPCA in negative temps and snow up to our knees in some places…what nightmare. But a workout-uphill in the snow against the wind-WHEW!! And we survived!

Met my sister at the SPCA and got my niece for the day while my sister visited with mom. We met at the hospital and swapped places after dinner.

Last night started off well with mom but turned hectic overnight. She was up every 1-5 minutes all night long-straight up in bed and throwing her legs over the side to stand up. She did this from about 11pm until around 5am. She has a full time night attendant that just sits and watches her now. She’s so strong in her body, she can do whatever she wants but her eyes are almost always closed and her mind is not there yet.

The nurse told me last night based on his experience she will be like this for months. That is not a surprise to me, I expected this. The more sleep, peace and rest she gets the quicker her mind will restore but she also needs time.

I went to church, napped and took a 2 mile walk with the dog today! I am so tired I could go to bed right now…trying to stay up a few more hours!
🙏🙏🙏🙏

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter