• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Interview the person below you (Part II)

Port Orleans (original - before adding FQ to the name.

Have you ever watched the MK fireworks from outside of the park? Where?

Yes...it is a go to restaurant for us....if we have a day where we have nothing to do and want a sit down meal, that is where we usually end up (walking up to this restaurant is relatively easy, depending on what time of day you are to do it). We have eaten at all meal times and it has never disappointed for us.

When you are in the midst of planning a trip, what is the one thing that you cannot wait to do (can be a restaurant, ride, show, anything)?

Beach Club. Beautiful gardens, love the view over to the boardwalk, love the understated beauty, Storm Along Bay, the sound of the friendship boats late in the evening across the water, easy stroll back after illuminations, and well, just about everything (except a good quick service restaurant)...

What are some of your favorite sounds at Disney World?

Oh goodness, there are so many. I would have to say the smell of cotton candy coming from the Confectioner's shop is my ultimate favorite Disney smell with the smell of the orange groves in Soarin as a close second.

What is the one snack that you have to have in any of the parks?

Ha. Great question. If it's just me and the wife, then whatever I can fit in a pocket. But if the three boys are with us, then we carry ponchos, water bottles, snacks to prevent the "hangries", park maps, at least one change of clothes, and some random thing (varies every day) that a kid has snuck into the bag. I think the Army carries lighter packs into wilderness training.

Where did you have your worst meal at WDW?

I guess Mama Melrose would take that honor.. Wasn't bad.. just wasn't great, memorable.. just blah

Where do you get Ice cream... at a cart or at a shop?

I am low carb, so the one thing I get is the no sugar added raspberry sorbet at the Main Street ice cream place.....they also have it at the Plaza.

What does your usually park clothing consist of?

Jeans, t-shirt with Disney stuff on em or just plain button down shirt.. sometimes jean shorts.

Will you miss Duffy?

no

Are you exciting about all the new things coming? Which are you the most excited for?

Ugh, I am so excited! Right now I'm feeling really excited about the Skipper Canteen (as a former Skip). In the future, I cannot WAIT for Star Wars Land. But I know that'll probably be years & years & years from now, so not getting my hopes up.

What's the first thing you like to do once you arrive on Disney Property and are free of all your bags?

Pee???? Sorry. Ok, the real answer is I always seem to wind up wandering around the resort main building until I am sitting and looking out over the water (the lake between BC and BW, or Seven Seas, or the waterway behind PO). Very relaxing. No job worries here...

What is the oldest surviving Disney souvenir you currently own?

I have an autograph book from one of my first visits. It's pretty cool to compare those signatures with the ones that I got last month- they're exactly the same :) I also have a diary from when I was a little kid where I wrote all about my favorite Disney memories!

If you could be a CM at Disney, where would you want to work?

My wife says I can talk to a brick wall, so pretty much anywhere guest-interactive. But somehow I always picture myself at the front gates.

What job would you NOT want to do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter