I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I should have made that clearer. Yes, send them a secure message through your online account.

Thanks. I did send a message this morning. Fingers crossed. The purchase was the WOC dessert party, which I can kind of see not being dining, but when the merchant name is DLR Dine...

Quick reply from Chase, they cannot adjust the points earned as Visa has coded the purchase as Direct Marketer and it does not earn the higher points

So I had a new experience with Chase - they called this morning because my application for the Fairmont card was still pending. They just asked me to confirm my income and then said I would be recommended for approval. I checked my Chase account about an hour later and the Fairmont account is there now.

I wonder if they had a lot of applications for this card all at once when they announced that it was being discontinued. I'm going to wait until I get the card itself and then message to confirm the sign-up bonus.

So I had a new experience with Chase - they called this morning because my application for the Fairmont card was still pending. They just asked me to confirm my income and then said I would be recommended for approval. I checked my Chase account about an hour later and the Fairmont account is there now.

I wonder if they had a lot of applications for this card all at once when they announced that it was being discontinued. I'm going to wait until I get the card itself and then message to confirm the sign-up bonus.
Congratulations!!!

I'm a third of the way towards my $3,000 minimum spend on the Fairmont by paying my car insurance bill and car repairs. The rest will be met on 2/15 when I have to pay $3k for summer camp.

Quick reply from Chase, they cannot adjust the points earned as Visa has coded the purchase as Direct Marketer and it does not earn the higher points

Darn. Well, it wouldn't hurt to call and talk to someone in customer service without mentioning the SM. The worst they could say is no. Good luck!

I'm a third of the way towards my $3,000 minimum spend on the Fairmont by paying my car insurance bill and car repairs. The rest will be met on 2/15 when I have to pay $3k for summer camp.

I'm actually not in any hurry to meet the minimum spend, since I'm pretty sure the two free nights expire one year from when they are issued, and right now I have no definite (or even tentative) plan for using them. But it was a pleasant surprise to be approved for the card, since after two weeks I just assumed that it wasn't getting approved.

random question.... what number did you see when they called you? I rarely answer the cell if I don't recognize the number, but now realize with a pending app I may need to..... any indication where call originated from?

random question.... what number did you see when they called you? I rarely answer the cell if I don't recognize the number, but now realize with a pending app I may need to..... any indication where call originated from?

It was from Wilmington, DE. I used to not answer, but now I always answer so if it's a telemarketer I can block the number.

I have a few questions for the experts! My DD is going to study abroad next year and has chosen to do a program called semester at sea. Basically she boards a ship in San Diego in January and their journey ends in Germany in April. So, now I need to look into booking international flights which I've never done.

I've used the site www.hotelhustle.com before when looking to book hotels with rewards. Is there anything like this for flights? I'm not even really sure where to start looking. I went to travelocity and from there looked at American Airlines because they seemed to have the best flights for our area (St. Louis is our home airport). If I was looking right, it looked like there were flights for as little as 60,000 points round trip?? I thought that seemed good considering the flights were around $1700 on travelocity. DH and I have each gotten the CSR and I got the Ink+ before it stopped giving the 5x for office supplies etc. So, we have built up a decent amount of Chase points over the last few months that will hopefully be very helpful for these trips.

Somewhat related to this is, do you think that DD would qualify for any good point earning card that would be helpful. She has paid a (fully refundable) deposit and was able to do it on a credit card with no extra fees. So, we will probably be paying the entire semester off by credit card if that holds true. If we could get her a card in her name, she will definitely be able to meet spending requirements, but I wasn't sure if 20 year olds were able to qualify for these type cards. She has mainly worked as an in home babysitter, so has never had very much in the way of W2 earnings to report on card applications. She has been an AU on one of our cards for awhile though.

I'm not necessarily asking to be spoon fed this information, but I really don't even know where to start and everyone here is so knowledgeable! Thanks!

I have a few questions for the experts! My DD is going to study abroad next year and has chosen to do a program called semester at sea. Basically she boards a ship in San Diego in January and their journey ends in Germany in April. So, now I need to look into booking international flights which I've never done.

I've used the site www.hotelhustle.com before when looking to book hotels with rewards. Is there anything like this for flights? I'm not even really sure where to start looking. I went to travelocity and from there looked at American Airlines because they seemed to have the best flights for our area (St. Louis is our home airport). If I was looking right, it looked like there were flights for as little as 60,000 points round trip?? I thought that seemed good considering the flights were around $1700 on travelocity. DH and I have each gotten the CSR and I got the Ink+ before it stopped giving the 5x for office supplies etc. So, we have built up a decent amount of Chase points over the last few months that will hopefully be very helpful for these trips.

Somewhat related to this is, do you think that DD would qualify for any good point earning card that would be helpful. She has paid a (fully refundable) deposit and was able to do it on a credit card with no extra fees. So, we will probably be paying the entire semester off by credit card if that holds true. If we could get her a card in her name, she will definitely be able to meet spending requirements, but I wasn't sure if 20 year olds were able to qualify for these type cards. She has mainly worked as an in home babysitter, so has never had very much in the way of W2 earnings to report on card applications. She has been an AU on one of our cards for awhile though.

I'm not necessarily asking to be spoon fed this information, but I really don't even know where to start and everyone here is so knowledgeable! Thanks!

UR wont help u with AA though. Would scan through UA, KLM, AF, BA(have high fees though). If you need AA, a citi card would help with that.
As for DD Qualifying, does she has relations with the bank? would be a good idea to have a good relations and then applying for one of the card. For income, id probably just put in Total "Household" income...

I'm actually not in any hurry to meet the minimum spend, since I'm pretty sure the two free nights expire one year from when they are issued, and right now I have no definite (or even tentative) plan for using them. But it was a pleasant surprise to be approved for the card, since after two weeks I just assumed that it wasn't getting approved.
Yes, but if you want until next year to use the certificate, won't you have to pay the annual fee? And if you cancel before the fee hits and use your certificate next year, you won't have elite status when you check in which comes from being a cardholder, right?

Try awardhacker for award flight searches.

I've been thinking alot about 2018 travel and want to take my family of 4 to Calgary to see the Canadian National Parks/Canadian Rockies via towns like Banff and Lake Louise. Has anyone been? I'm thinking for spring break next year. I have a ton of MR points so I'm thinking about transferring them to Air Canada for the flight to Alberta province.
Award hacker is saying I would need 25k MR for one roundtrip flight..
  • AC.png

25K AC miles (Show ¢/mile)
    Round Trip | Economy | Star Alliance
    1 stop
    PHL - YYC
    Operated by
    LH, AC, UA
    Transferable from
    MR UR TYP SPG
    Step 1: Search for available ticket
    Step 2: Transfer miles if you need
    Step 3: Redeem for ticket
    Show Routes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter