I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only AUs I find helpful are on my AmExp-if I use one of their coupons (for instance $10 back on a $50 purchase at PetCo), then I run to DD and DHs account (that I set up ;)) and add the offer to theirs. In our dog loving famiy, that adds up (I occasionally use some of their other coupons too but for some reason AmExp thinks I'm into fashion, makeup and wine...:( ). paw:paw:paw:

I wouldn't have an AU for Chase cards b/c I haven't found it to have the same kind of benefit.

I've only ever added an AU on a Chase United card. They were offering 5,000 miles so I added my mom and kept the card in a drawer.

I got the Marriott card for the points and annual free night. I don't plan on really using the card as other points are worth more. Should I charge something every now and then, or can it just sit in my drawer?

I got the Marriott card for the points and annual free night. I don't plan on really using the card as other points are worth more. Should I charge something every now and then, or can it just sit in my drawer?
Use it every few months for a small purchase to keep the card open. Different lenders have time frames where no use can cause an account closure.

I like having spouse as AU on certain cards it helps the min spend for us...... but others, we keep it separate b/cof the bonus structure (and the fees with some) and yes you can transfer between chase accounts with spouse,it's a beautiful thing.

Use it every few months for a small purchase to keep the card open. Different lenders have time frames where no use can cause an account closure.
This is good advice. I will say my chase Disney card went probably five years without a charge and they didn't close it. But better to be safe than sorry.

I keep my oldest CC on a small $ subscription service (Netflix for me specifically) and set it to auto-pay in full so I don't even have to think about it.

I have Netflix, Spotify, and Hulu autopaid from different non-rewards cards so I don't take the risk of going too long without a charge and having the accounts closed.

I see the flights on delta, and i'm trying on the website for Korean (they have an alliance booking now). Do you think calling would work better? The flight is on delta. And it's there on the delta site to be booked with points. Of course it's A LOT more than the Korean rate. HELP!

I see the flights on delta, and i'm trying on the website for Korean (they have an alliance booking now). Do you think calling would work better? The flight is on delta. And it's there on the delta site to be booked with points. Of course it's A LOT more than the Korean rate. HELP!

I replied yesterday to your post but will copy again here in case you didn't see it. The miles you are seeing are only for using Delta miles to book. Korean has their own award chart.

Here is TPG guide to booking Koreanawards on partner airlines http://thepointsguy.com/2016/06/how-to-book-award-flights-with-korean-air-skypass/

Regarding the CSR in branch application, do you have to do any other transactions with Chase to do this? We are probably going to stop by a branch tomorrow to have DH apply and I'm wondering what to expect. Neither of us has ever applied for credit cards any place besides online. I originally wanted to look into a possible account bonus, but DH doesn't want to do that. I'm glad he's agreeing to apply for CSR, so I don't want to push the account with him. Just wanted to check with you all to see what we can expect when we go just to apply for a credit card.

Just left a Chase branch where DH was approved for CSR!! 200K UR here we come!

Do you bank with Chase for checking or savings? Have a mortgage through them? I'd like to have my dh apply in the bank too but we have no relationship with them other than credit cards. I've never even stepped foot in a branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter