I hope we love it! I am sure we will! Uh no - we don't! Mickeystoontown's 16 day trip! Updated 9/5!

Picnicking like pros!

Our stop for the evening was about an hour from the Florida Welcome Center. I had made a reservation for a stay at the Country Inn in Crestview, Florida. Crestview is approximately half way from our house to Walt Disney World so it makes it a good place to stop. Had I known that we would leave a couple of hours early, we would have gone a little further but it was okay because we both needed a good night's sleep. I always pack an overnight suitcase so that I don't have to take in a lot of stuff. We grabbed the overnight bag, the toiletry bag and went to check in. Despite the fact that we were checking in semi-late, (11ish), the staff was super nice and attentive. The room was clean and the bed was nice in comfy. Just what we needed and the price of just at $100 made it even better.

We slept in a bit and took turns taking a shower and getting ready for the next leg of the drive.

I found this note from John as I was gathering our things to leave. John is so sweet even if he spelled finally wrong.
IMG_3265.JPEG

Checkout went smoothly and the morning staff was just as pleasant as the nighttime staff. John had some nose congestion and there was a Dollar General right beside the hotel. I had some meds in one of the bags but it would be easier to just stop at Dollar General. I pulled in thinking we would need to wait until 9 a.m. before they opened but was pleasantly surprised that they were already open. I, along with a police officer, were the only two customers so the stop was a quick one.

No matter how much gas we have at the time, I'm pretty much always going to get gas before getting back on the interstate. Typically there's a gas station close to our hotel and it's easy to fill up and get going and that's what we did. I snapped this picture while sitting at the red light waiting to get back on Interstate 10. Not too bad. Our usual goal is to leave the hotel by 9 a.m. and we met that goal and got gas. Look at us go!

IMG_3267.PNG

IMG_3266.JPEG

We moved along on Interstate 10 at a smooth 70 mph with nothing unusual happening. I'll take nothing unusual any day. The sun was shining, the temps were good and we were on our way to Walt Disney World. Woo hoo!

IMG_3268.JPEG

Not long after, I received a text from Disney World saying our room was ready! Say what? We were still hours and hours away but at least we knew that we could go straight to our room when we arrived.

IMG_3269.PNG

I believe (and I am probably correct) that John napped on and off while I drove. We snacked on the various cookies, crackers and chips while we rode. A little after Noon, I saw a sign for a rest area and needed to take a restroom break. It would also be good to stop for a minute and take in some fresh air. The day was still beautiful and sunshiny.

IMG_3271.JPEG

IMG_3270.JPEG

We walked around a bit, got a couple of soft drinks from the ice chest and were back on the open road. I don't mind driving along Interstate 10 but hate I 75 and it was coming up soon. John, again, napped on an off which was fine by me because I was now on I 75 and needed to pay attention to all the lanes of traffic. People never go the speed limit (neither was I because I was trying to keep my butt from being run down) and they were passing me on the left and right.

Around 2:15 p.m. or so, I saw a sign for one of the larger rest areas. I woke John and told him that I needed to stop and asked if he were hungry. We had only snacked up until now and our stomachs were starting to grumble a bit. I pulled in and we parked pretty far down and near the picnic tables. A few years ago, (pre-Covid) we started packing a small cooler with sandwich fixin's. We used to do this all the time when we were younger because there weren't many fast food restaurants around. We started doing it again because it brought back childhood memories.

We made our way down to the bathrooms and then pulled out the cooler and snack bag which is actually a laundry bag thingamajig that I found in TJ Maxx. It is the perfect size but is soft sided so John cut a thin piece of plywood and made a bottom for it.

IMG_3272.JPEG

Umm, umm, umm, nothing like cold chicken salad sandwiches on a beautiful day while headed to Walt Disney World!

IMG_3273.JPEG

Even though we knew that Disney was calling our name, we also didn't feel the need to rush rush rush. We still had about 3 1/2 hours to go and had no plans other than to check into the resort and feel all the Disney vibes around us.

**Up next: Take the picture now. No now! Okay now!

Last edited:
Another long time lurker, finally stepping out to say hi. I've been reading so long that I can't believe Hunter is grown and married already! I love reading your trip reports... your family is fantastic! Looking forward to reading more :)

Hey! Thanks for joining in on another report and thanks for posting. Isn't it crazy that he is old enough to be married?

Following, especially because we are going in November this year and been specifically seeking November trip reports. We haven’t been back in 12 years!

Fellow Louisianian here. Long-time reader and fan of your trip reports.
They are always entertaining but y'all outdid yourselves with that Mess Around video LOL
Planes,Trains and Automobiles is a comedy classic!

So happy you started another trip report. I must have missed the ending of the previous one . . . or someone never ended it. 😉 I went over to YouTube to watch your video and give you a thumbs up. You two sure are crazy! I doubt another WDW will be in my future so now I just enjoy folks' trip reports. DD and her extended in-law side of the family (16 total) were down there earlier this month and some of them brought home the dreaded souvenir, covid.

Fellow Louisianian here. Long-time reader and fan of your trip reports.
They are always entertaining but y'all outdid yourselves with that Mess Around video LOL
Planes,Trains and Automobiles is a comedy classic!
Hey there! Thanks for posting and thanks for the compliment on the Mess Around video. We had no idea what we were doing other than acting crazy.
So happy you started another trip report. I must have missed the ending of the previous one . . . or someone never ended it. 😉 I went over to YouTube to watch your video and give you a thumbs up. You two sure are crazy! I doubt another WDW will be in my future so now I just enjoy folks' trip reports. DD and her extended in-law side of the family (16 total) were down there earlier this month and some of them brought home the dreaded souvenir, covid.

Hey! I never did finish up the other report. I figured since most of my pictures were taken during the middle of the strict COVID restrictions, most of the info that I would have shared wouldn't be up to date.
Hey, Lisa. Man, it's been a "minute" since I have been on here. Great report so far!
Connie! Welcome!

Following along! Can't wait to read more :love:

P.S. you & your husband are "goals"! His little love note was so sweet!!!!!!

popcorn::
Eating lunch at a rest area, wow that brings back some childhood memories from driving to Florida every July!

Take the picture now. No now! Okay now!

Picnic done, we threw away our trash and packed up the sandwich fixings. I walked down to the restroom one more time to take a bathroom break and wash my hands. We wouldn't be stopping again until we were on Disney property. I was so happy when I saw the exit that we would off I 75 and towards Leesburg. The stress of driving with so many crazy drivers gets to me by the time we see the exit.

We drove through the smaller towns and then through Ocala which has grown substantially since we started going to Walt Disney World. It used to be lots smaller and mostly orange groves. Now you see acres upon acres of houses. It kinda makes me sad. The last 100 miles to Disney seems to take freaking forever and we always begin to wonder if we will ever get there. And then....we start seeing Disney World signs!

John was in charge of taking pictures and I would get tickled at him because I'd say "take the picture now" and he'd either take it way ahead of time or as we were passing. it.
IMG_3275.JPEG

IMG_3276.JPEG

We are almost to Hwy. 192 which is that last stretch.

Picture snap:

IMG_3278.JPEG

Snap again:

IMG_3279.JPEG

And again:

IMG_3277.JPEG

And once more:

IMG_3279.JPEG

It was took us almost twenty minutes to travel about 7 miles down Hwy. 192 which made sense because it was around 5:30 p.m. Quitting time for a lot of folks. At 5:57 p.m., we saw the road sign for our last exit of the trip. Well, I say last exit. The next few would be on Disney property so they don't count.

IMG_3280.JPEG

IMG_3282.JPEG

IMG_3283.JPEG
This is where I would normally insert a picture or two or three or four of the beautiful Walt Disney World welcome archway sign. But, I don't have it on my phone which makes me think that John took them with his phone and not mine. Just close your eyes and pretend you see it. Or open them and you'll see one that I found on the internet.
disney welcome sign.png

Up next: Welcome to your home for the next two weeks! Please, please, please let us like it!

Welcome to your home for the next two weeks! Please, please, please let us like it!

Our Disney resort was one that we had visited before and I knew how to get there. We took the Disney Springs exit off World Drive and then turned left even though my car wanted to turn to the right. No, no, no car, we aren't going to Disney 's Caribbean Beach. Mama couldn't get the special rate there. Left turn made, we continued on a little further and turned into Disney's Coronado Springs. This would be our first time staying there and we were looking forward to trying it out.

The guard at the guard station took our name and I showed him my ID. He then asked if we had our room number or if he needed to look it up for us. I told him that we had received the text already. He confirmed it and then pointed to our right and told me to head straight that way until we came to the Cabanas section. This is the section that I had requested because it had the beaches. We figured it we weren't staying at Caribbean Beach, we could at least still have a beach. Anyway, I thanked the guard and turned to our right but I didn't take a hard right. I took the right and had to circle through the parking/unloading area of Gran Destino. John and I laughed and waved at the guard as we looped back by and took the hard right.

Our building was easy to find and we only took a couple of things in with us when we set off to find our room. It was nice! And, we we received a personalized welcome!

IMG_3286.JPEG

Get ready for a ton of room pictures. I wanted to get them done before we started unloading two weeks' worth of stuff.

IMG_3287.JPEG
IMG_3288.JPEG

IMG_3289.JPEG

IMG_3290.JPEG

IMG_3291.JPEG

IMG_3292.JPEG

IMG_3293.JPEG

Continued in next post because I have too many pictures

And even more pictures

IMG_3302.JPEG

IMG_3303.JPEG

IMG_3304.JPEG

IMG_3306.JPEG

IMG_3308.JPEG

IMG_3307.JPEG

The room was nice and clean and ready for us to move all of our crap into. Before we went back to the car to get everything, we called Mama and the kids and told them that we had made it. I forgot to mention that we had called Mama all along the way and had text the kids as we made our way there. They were glad that we were on Disney property safe and sound as were we.

**Up next: Let's check this place out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter