How much is your 2024 vacation going to cost you?

The only WDW vacation we have planned is late Jan of 2024. Husband decided he wanted to take our son & new wife and son & fiance for one last trip before everyone starts getting to busy with lives and other vacations and whatnot.
I've already rented points at OKW (last minute, wanted BC or BW but neither had availability) so everyone has a studio and their own space. I think that our hotel costs were about $3200. I haven't bought them yet, but our tickets for 6 of us will be $3700. Plus food & drinks, I think we will be at about $12-15K.

We have another trip planned but not pulled the trigger yet for next fall in the UK - no idea what that will run us yet, but I'm thinking about $8-$12K. Going by ourselves, but may ask my parents if they want to join up with us - if they do we will pick up their lodging as we will probably rent a place for our stay.

I am taking our family of 6 to Africa for 3 weeks summer of 2024. I am estimating $25K.
Flights: $1,300 pp
Daily cost is about $100/pp per day for lodging, food, and transportation.
We are so excited. I am also taking 10 additional friends and extended family. It is going to be a great trip. I am planning the entire thing for all of us.

So, for 6 of us, I am estimating $25k for the entire family for 3 weeks, including airfare.

We're going to South Africa in September....can not wait! Where are you heading?

No plans for WDW in the next few years. Planning Japan in 2025. I’m not sure about next year. I’m waiting to see if DCL discounts the Europe cruises again. We had a really good time on DCL this year in Europe. I’m just not willing to pay what they are currently asking. If not Europe than Alaska for around 7k. It’s going to be a one vacation year for the foreseeable future.

We are planning to do a full WDW vacation w/ extended family in May 2024 but we haven't booked anything so the budget for that is TBD.

We are doing a Disney Cruise in Sept 2024 and a staycation a few days before and after.

7 night cruise Eastern Caribbean on Disney Fantasy (verandah room) - $3,883.08
1 night Yacht Club (post cruise) - $430.32
3 nights Boulder Ridge Villas (pre cruise) -$0.00 DVC points
RT DCL Transfers - $156
Prepaid Gratuities - $203
Flights - $300 (est)
Uber to/from MCO - $70 (est)
Travel Insurance - $85 (est)
Passports - $330

Est. Total $5,457.40

This is way more expensive than I thought it would be.
Our last cruise was partially comped, so we paid basically nothing lol. Luckily we plan to use my annual bonus so that will cover most of it.
Who do you go with for travel insurance that cheap?

Our next big trip is to Icleand in 2024. ODS finally picked a destination for his graduation trip.

Air fare: 0 We used Cap One Venture points for airfare
Hotels:
Two of our 8 nights were booked with Marriott Bonvoy points for the last two nights accommodations.
6 of 8 nights will be on the south coast in Air B and B or apartments $1,500

Car rental: I have not booked but it looks to be between $800 - 1,000. Not sure if we will use the car the last two nights of the trip.
Food: From my research it looks like food is super expensive but we will shop at some of the less expensive grocery stores for some of our meals. I have not yet budgeted food but I am thinking it will be substantial.

Excursions: $800 -1,000 for excursions for a family of four for things like the Zodiac glacier boat tour. We will do a lot on our own but there are a few that we need/want to do with a guide.

Passport renewal for both kids plus waterproof gear for waterfalls/excursions. I plan to hit sales at the end of winter/beginning of spring.

I am thinking when all is said and done perhaps $4,500 - 5,000?

We are planning to do a full WDW vacation w/ extended family in May 2024 but we haven't booked anything so the budget for that is TBD.

We are doing a Disney Cruise in Sept 2024 and a staycation a few days before and after.

3 nights Boulder Ridge Villas (pre cruise) -$0.00 DVC points
RT DCL Transfers - $156
Flights - $300 (est)
Uber to/from MCO - $70 (est)
Passports - $330

Est. Total $5,457.40

This is way more expensive than I thought it would be.
Our last cruise was partially comped, so we paid basically nothing lol. Luckily we plan to use my annual bonus so that will cover most of it.
We decided to spend a few nights in Atlantic City for my birthday. We normally go to WDW but since we were going in a few weeks, we opted for something closer to home. We also hadn't been to Atlantic City is a few years.

Feb 1st - Feb 3rd (2 adults)
2 nights Caesar's Palace Centurion Tower King Room - $251.73
Gas - $20
Parking -$5 (we booked directly with Caesars so a $20 parking credit was included)
Dinner at Gordon Rasmay's Pub & Grill -$115.00
Lunch at Rainforest Cafe - $62.00
Dinner at Gordon Rasmay's Hells Kitchen - $230.00
Breakfast at McDonald's - $15.00
Total: $678.73 😱

It's funny how quickly these "cheap" trips add up!

We found a sweet deal on a two bedroom at SSR, so we decided to take a trip with my fiancé and his family (brother, mom, and dad) to celebrate his dad's birthday and go to the flower and Garden Festival. My fiancé, brother in law, and myself drove down while my in laws flew.

Feb 24th - March 2nd (5 Adults)
7 Nights at SSR standard 2 bedroom - $1,180
Gas from Philly to Orlando RT - $225
Flights Trenton to Orlando RT - $313.92
5 2 day Tickets - $1,214.10
5 1 day Water Park Tickets - free
Group Total: $2,933.02
Food & Merch Spending: $1,000 (us only)
My Fiancé and I's Total: $2,296.64

I had to update my cruise trip as we didn't get BRV but managed to snag Cooper Creek instead!
Flights are looking more expensive than normal and DCL transfers also increased in price 🥲
We are using discounted gift cards where possible to save money.

Sept 25 - Oct 6th (2 Adults)
3 nights Copper Creek Villas (pre cruise) -$0.00 DVC points
RT DCL Transfers - $180
Frontier Flights (PHL to MCO) - $226.58
Southwest Flights (MCO to PHL) - $325.96
Mears Connect to/from MCO - $67.20
Passports - $330

Est. Total $5,731.14

Last edited:

Still tallying up last weeks trip to WDW but have a 16 night summer Myrtle Beach vaca planned which will be 6k for the condo plus food/drink. Beach is our entertainment so very little extra will be spent other than the above.

Last edited:
Tentatively planning a trip for late November. There’s a decent chance we will push it out to early 2025, but for now, late November. 4 Disney adults.

Bonnet Creek 2 bedroom unit, 8 nights $1683
Transportation .. drive with hotel stops.. $800. ( or Fly plus car rental $1700)
Groceries and restaurants $1500
Parking and Genie + $750
Tickets - $2200

$6933 if we drive, $7833 if we fly and rent a car. :scared:

7 days Italy in the Fall, 2 adults.

Hotel/breakfasts/daily tours: $2500
Airfare: $2000
Extras: $1500

We're staying at one hotel for the week, and the tour agency will bus us daily to Pisa/Florence/Tuscany countryside. The deal was too good to pass up!

Total: $6000

(We may stay longer after the tour is over, so another week of hotels and meals and transportation could add up to $3000. I have some UR points to offset a portion of that.)

2024 Disneyland Trip

4 four day tickets with park hopper and Genie+ - $1,756
4 nights 1 bedroom Grand Californian - $1,330 (We rented DVC points from a friend for $10/point)
Food and souvenirs - $1,600 (estimated $100 per day per person)
Total - $4,686
Did you get a special price on admission tickets? I show 4 four day park hoppers with Genie to be $2,540

I can't start my morning by thinking about all of the money we spend at Disney or anywhere else. I'd rather just drink my coffee and look at the DVC Resale sites for more points :coffee:🖥️

2024 Budget DisneyWorld Trip: 2 Adults; (me & my wife from 4/26-4/30)
  • Round Trip Flights on SouthWest ($500 Round Trip total for the 2 of us)... Priced at $550 total, but bought a $500 gift card from Costco for $450 and paid the remaining $50 with a credit card
  • Disney Park Tickets - $943 for our 4-Park Magic Tickets from UnderCoverTourist.Com
  • Hotel - $734, staying at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort for 4 nights (I will get an additional $45 back from booking from a portal [topcashback.com portal to a Priceline booking] but I am not including that in the final math)
Total cost so far: $2,176.88

I will update for the price of transport from the airport, any Ubers taken and I will try to list out expenses for food/merchandise after we complete our trip. We will probably have a mix of table service and quick service meals and some meals from disney springs (I am really hoping to get lucky and snag either a reservation or try and walk up and get the chance to experience SPACE 220 for the first time). I am not sure if we will do Disney Genie or not, but If we do not get a Boarding Group for Tron or Guardians then I could see myself purchasing a lightning lane for those.

Our Trip is in 44 days and it will have been 3 years since we were last at Disney so we are getting very excited :)

2 adults, 2 kids + 1 infant,
9 days, 8 nights, CBR Standard 5th sleeper, 4 day park hopper plus with quick service DP, memory maker, driving from Georgia - $6,593.

This doesn't include Genie+, ILL, souvenirs, gas and other food, estimating another $1k.

I feel like we got a pretty good deal with the Kids Play and Diner offer.

Going to WDW September 17-25 with my wife, 4 y/o son and 10 month old son, traveling from NJ.
  • 8 Nights Beach Club standard room - $3806
    • Got the "Stay Longer and Save More" 35% discount before they ended it in mid-February for the July-Oct window
  • 7 Day PH (2 adult, 1 kid) - $1865 from Boardwalk Tickets
  • Memory Maker - $185
  • RT flights from EWR-MCO - $143.80
    • Used JetBlue Mastercard sign up bonus for 70k points, so the $99 fee+$5.60/person tax per flight
      • 72k points used - could rebook free if they offer discounts later.
    • Up to 4 checked bags included with the JetBlue card, so no bag fees either.
  • Airport Parking - $382 for premium parking near terminal (2 kids, stroller/car seat, 5 bags, not having to shuttle bus - priceless)
  • 1 day rental minivan from National - $123
    • Driving from MCO to WDW - returning at the Car Care center
    • 1 car seat rental - 10 month old will be in his car seat already.
  • Mears back to airport - $45
So before spending money, food/drinks/sit down meals, we're looking at $6,550 just for lodging/travel/park tickets, however we'll buy discounted gift cards to pay for all the associated Disney stuff so we'll save at least 5% off the numbers I have above for anything direct from Disney.

June 2024
6 nights at Caribbean Beach resort with Memory Maker (extended stay discount) - $1,787
4 - 4 day Magic Ticket deal - $1,913
$1,000 for dining (gift card deals) - $900
$400 miscellaneous other expenses (two days of Genie+, extra costs for food, souvenirs)
-----------------
$5,000

for now, I may plan a non park week with some family,using hotel points at a Disney Springs hotel,and just hang out...using points for airfare (cost $11.60) we shall see what we decide to plan but for now that's the basic cost.... and we will eat out all over property while there.
Ok- Met up with extended family in Late February- 8 night stay (me,my dsis and her 2 littles) We hadn't planned on going into a park at all,just gonna hang out and enjoy but then plans changed,we went to MK for one long and fun day. Had a blast all week.
Flights-$11.60 (swa points)
Hotel $0 (Hilton Points,Disney Springs)
Food (approx.$$350,just myself)
Park ticket $0 ? (used an old NE ticket day from years ago)

Sorry for the late reply.
We go through insuremytrip.com to compare multiple. But our last few have been nationwide travel insurance found through insuremytrip
We used Nationwide last year for insurance including cancel for any reason insurance for our trip to Paris, Disneyland Paris, and Belfast. I liked it that for medical they contract out to GeoBlue who has a good reputation for paying medical claims. With working with GeoBlue too the Nationwide policy offered the higher medical and medical evacuation coverage levels that I wanted that some competitors didn't offer.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter