He's with the Band! a DL Performing Arts TR- 7/13/15 A little Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum!

I thought about that later too, how can DH hate HM??? But that's one of the reasons Disney is so awesome, there's something for everybody :)

Congrats on deciding on some artwork for your bathroom! I like the Enchanted Tiki Room poster!

Thanks! I like it too

Indeed! You've had a lot of Disney time to enjoy this year. I'm jealous. :rotfl:

I'm broke!

Ok, I don't drink coffee and I don't collect mugs. But I really like this one.

Me too!

Ok, not to sound creepy, but do you have any pictures? I think the Enchanted Tiki Bathroom sounds like a great idea. I'd kind of like to see how you implemented the theme.

I do. I didn't really finish it until after the girls trip with Mary Ellen but took some pictures after that

Great new coffee mug for the way you always start your day.

Thanks!

What sweet pictures with the boys who are taller than you. And I think every mom should I have the I Love Mom border on their photo with their kids. :)

Yes, every mom should!

I like the Tiki poster (Mark would love that in our bathroom...perhaps in our new home I'll give it some thought).

It makes me smile every time I see it. Which is pretty often lol!

Ugh what a nightmare! I'm not having nearly as bad computer problems as you (faulty charger which means my computer was dead half the time) but I never realized how much I need my computer. Should look into a backup computer :scratchin

Yeah, I've been migrating to the cloud which while it makes me nervous, has kept me from actually losing anything.

This place is more than amazing for sure! It's so comfortable and relaxing. And you know just right outside those walls is a madhouse of people rushing around.

So relaxing, definitely an oasis of cool
Okay, did not see this purchase coming! :lmao:

Classic Evan

Your mom looks legitimately frightened :rotfl:

She does doesn't she!

I had wanted to ask you when you emailed these pics for the collage, what did the Photographer have you do here?

Something like "point to the person that you think xxx" except I can't recall what the xxx was! Maybe Alison remembers?

All I do remember is we all were laughing

I SO SO SO regret not purchasing something when I had the pleasure of visiting back in...wow, 2010?? That's way too long ago :sad2:

Yes, that would have been the original logo, it's changed a bit now

Uh, you NEVER see it like this anymore!!! Can't believe how empty it is!

I know! It was sweet while it lasted

I like that shirt!

Me too. Sadly, though he doesn't wear it much lately, he did say it still fits. It's funny, I just came across another picture of him in a shirt he doesn't wear that I need to ask about

Wow, just amazed with the emptiness that is happening.

It was SO refreshing as we had brutal crowds all week

Super cute!

Thanks!

What about wearable art :teeth:

Still all the same budget, sadly.

I also knew I had my girls trip coming up the following month and if I really wanted it, could get it then. Except my discount would have been bigger in CA. Not as much bigger as it seems as the FL tax is lower.

Love this series!

Aren't they fun? I do love how the room ended up turning out, what we got suits our house more than those do.

Last day already?? Oh that Dooney is too cute! I thought I had found the one for me on the cruise but the handles were too thin :(

BOO for thin handles!

Evan doesn't look too displeased at having his picture taken, but it is nice to see Eric smiling :)

And a relatively normal smile instead of his slightly creepy cheesy trying too hard one!

Very nice mug! Those Mickey soap dispensers are adorable, I haven't seen them before.

They are cute

Nice mug! I always hate the day when you have to pack up and leave.

Last day blues!

Glad you got the boys to pose with you.

I didn't give them a choice

We have a ton of those Mickey Toothbrush holders and the cups that go with them. Pretty much one in every bathroom.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me :)

It's always hard to choose when it comes to Disney art. But your DH is not a fan of the Haunted Mansion? Reallly?????

Nope. He thinks it's dated and stupid and should be redone. He is pretty emphatic about it.

I thought about that later too, how can DH hate HM??? But that's one of the reasons Disney is so awesome, there's something for everybody :)

He is weird. I have no idea!

What a great mug! Handwash only?
Hmmm. That's dangerous in anyone's home.

Looks like you had a great time shopping and checking out the merch.

Hooray - I am caught up. And back- May has not been kind but it is over and I am hoping June lets up a bit. Still really busy around here but I think the bear of the yard work is done with just some cubs left to wrangle. :rotfl2:

Love the mug - handwash would not do well in my house and I am really the only one who seems to load the dishwasher...

Nice way to get up and out and spend the last day.

Boo to packing up but you get to go back out there so :banana:

I LOVE the vintage prints you did get! Nice choices! I like the mug too, but not nearly as much as the posters.

Yeah, I'm pretty impressed that the boys used the PP to get their Splash pic. Good work, Guys!

I could spend all day wandering around NOS shopping. I love the nooks and crannies, and would really enjoy some solo shopping there.

And yes, every day should start with coffee on a veranda. Yes, it should!

A drive by hello! Sorry to be totally MIA. It is the end of the school year gauntlet here which means kid events every night. Literally. Every.Night! Including the weekends.

It sucks the life out of me. LOL! We have had 3 band concerts so far, one more to go, among other things. I even have pictures of this years band trip...although I wasn't there. I was off racing through San Francisco :)

About 10 more days of insanity, including houseguests, in laws, Taylor's college graduation (and probable drama around the event). And..Evan turns 16 on Sunday. AACK, how is that possible? I will try to get an update up over the weekend and catch up on replies but it is possible that it won't happen.

Hang in there! I'm also trying to keep my head above water. We can all touch base in July when things are calmer!

A drive by hello! Sorry to be totally MIA. It is the end of the school year gauntlet here which means kid events every night. Literally. Every.Night! Including the weekends.

It sucks the life out of me. LOL! We have had 3 band concerts so far, one more to go, among other things. I even have pictures of this years band trip...although I wasn't there. I was off racing through San Francisco :)

About 10 more days of insanity, including houseguests, in laws, Taylor's college graduation (and probable drama around the event). And..Evan turns 16 on Sunday. AACK, how is that possible? I will try to get an update up over the weekend and catch up on replies but it is possible that it won't happen.

Woah you have been busy! And Happy belated Birthday to Evan!

Don't worry, Cynithia! I was secretly hoping that not much was added when I got on since I was swamped with end-of-the-year stuff too. Birthdays, broken arms, Pinning for me, yard work, a house neglected all school year, etc... It was WAY behind. Hopefully, there is light at the end of the tunnel for you and you'll be able to catch your breath soon. Still have plans to make my way up there, but need to get settled into a new job first.

Hang in there! I'm also trying to keep my head above water. We can all touch base in July when things are calmer!

YAY! It's July :)

Woah you have been busy! And Happy belated Birthday to Evan!

thanks!

I'm barely keeping up as well. :hug:

That is still markedly better than I am doing! I suspect there is an element of PDD going on as well

Just popping in to say hello. I saw the graduation pics on FB. Congrats to all.

Thanks Kathy! Looks like you are having a good trip so far (other than Avery not feeling well today) hope she is better by the time you read this!

wow, I really left this thing "almost" done didn't I! Got through rope drop on our last morning and then I fell off the face of the earth for all of June.

Sigh.

By the time we got back to the villa, bags down and with bell services, we were HUNGRY! We had a spot in mind, one that had been hoped for on night one but sadly, was not possible. Now that is was the Thursday of Easter week the crowds were finally dying down and luck of luck, a table was to be had!

If memory serves, for some reason, my folks and eric got there first. Evan and I probably stopped to look at art again as he wanted to see it. Upon arrival he was CONVINCED that the food would be better from Tangaroa Terrace and insisted on ordering his food there. He was also convinced it would be faster and was STARVING. As in on the verge of a melt down feed me now mom. So.ok. We ordered him a burger, waited for the burger and then went inside. To find everyone else already had their food.

Except me of course!

Of course, I had to start with one of these. I'd never had one before but it sounded perfect!

IMG_0543.jpg

trader-sams-grog-grotto-menu-dark-and-tropical-stormy-tiki-rum-600x536.jpg

a better picture shamelessly stolen (with credit shown of course)

trader-sams-grog-grotto-tiki-tiki-tiki-tiki-tiki-rum-414x625.jpg

Absolutely delicious but..heavy on the ice so you don't feel like you get quite enough drink. Still super yummy though, a personal favorite.

And then, mmmmn....lunch! Which, ironically is the exact same burger Evan ordered next door from Tangaroa Terrace. All that really did was slow down my lunch. LOL!

IMG_0544.jpg

I had never been here before and it was fun to check it out

I liked my burger so much (with the sweet potato fries) I have had it twice since then!

Angus 1/3 lb Hawaiian Cheeseburger
Ground Angus Burger with Teriyaki Sauce, fresh Caramelized Pineapple, Havarti Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato on a Multigrain Bun. Includes choice of one of these sides: Sweet Potato Fries, Classic French Fries, Island Fruit, or Tropical Slaw

We enjoyed watching the action at the bar

IMG_0545.jpg

not nearly as crazy as earlier in the week...when we couldn't even walk inside

IMG_0546.jpg

However, it was our last afternoon and as cool as it is inside, even when things "happen", this girl was craving the last bit of sun.

So I ordered another and took my drink outside!

IMG_0548.jpg

Evan decided to join me

IMG_0549.jpg

It's the little things

IMG_0550.jpg

Like having the whole terrace to yourself! It was hot out but still!

IMG_0551.jpg

I would love some of these on my back deck

IMG_0552.jpg

all of the vultures fed and happy,we decided to get a little more park time in

IMG_0554.jpg

Dad wanted a ride

IMG_0556.jpg

The boys were less than thrilled about this

IMG_0555.jpg

but the big guy was happy!

IMG_0557.jpg

Off we go!

IMG_0558.jpg

Somebody got to ring the bell!

IMG_0559.jpg

It really IS pretty fun riding down main street

IMG_0560.jpg

Maybe not so lame after all\

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

and with that, we arrived

IMG_0564.jpg

Where to?

Apparently dad hadn't had enough of Fantasy Land

IMG_0565.jpg

And really, who gets tired of flying over London? Not me

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

Evan seems pretty ok with it too!

IMG_0571.jpg

We thought we would see if the giant burgers had made anyone stronger

52936130081.jpg

52936130082.jpg

52936130083.jpg

Sword 1, Eric 0

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

Sword 1, Evan 0

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Continued from previous

Group shot!

52936130086.jpg

52936130089.jpg

52936130090.jpg

And then dad decided to give it a go

52936130092.jpg

52936130094.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

Where was my mom during all of this? Apparently she had wanted a snack!

IMG_0579.jpg

I can't say I blame her

I could go for one of those right now

IMG_0580.jpg

And...she went shopping for my yet to be born at that time,
niece. LOL!

Having bought a Tiki poster, had some Tiki TIki Tiki Rum... I still needed more

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

We found the crowds

IMG_0584.jpg

Always such a nice little respite, it makes me smile

IMG_0586.jpg

Evan really wanted me to get a fake one of these to hang in the powder room with the poster but, I declined.

They were kind of cute though

In a super cheesy way

IMG_0587.jpg

With that my folks were done and wanted shade. I wanted the pool. The boys, well the boys wanted to go to California Adventure. We didn't have a huge window of time left and if memory serves after consulting apps and FP return times they were not going to be able to do whatever it was that they wanted to do.

Me, I wanted the pool.

IMG_0588.jpg

The rest of the gang hung in the shade. I ordered a drink. Which took FOREVER to come and then I couldn't get my bill even though I requested it when they dropped off the drink. We needed to leave, I couldn't find my server, finally hunted them down and no bill. Never came back. I had to go stalk them again. Worst pool service EVER. Should have done the walk up window. I know the pool was packed, there were limited chairs but this was bad, really bad! I actually stiffed the server I was so mad. I didn't have much time to enjoy my drink and then had to spend my last relaxing minutes trying to pay? Not exactly the end of the trip I'd hoped for!

An uneventful drive to the airport and flight home followed and with that, it was back to work the next day.

I had picked up a couple of other things when Evan and I walked back together before lunch.

A very special mug.
This was just released that weekend. It's everywhere now but at the time, it was darn cool and is still one of my very favorites!

BDE56AF5-A1B8-458D-AE95-653A08A0A4CE.jpg

EE1CA8DA-2801-4E7D-974B-E076E3757512.jpg

An additional "decoration" for the powder room project, also just released that day.

71C5F43D-EAC6-411F-8019-C16F7F8BB3F6.jpg

and once the poster arrived, this what it looked like

Now, this is not the whole bathroom but since there are some additional items I picked up on our last day on the girls trip, that I haven't written the update for, I'll save full pictures of the room until then. Plus I've picked up a couple more things since that trip so the room is a lot more fleshed out. For a small powder room anyway lol!

be099aad-bb99-4c9e-a102-5694c43c3739.jpg

Evan's special t from the event

35A7CBCF-DCC0-433F-879F-E1131FBC4E10.jpg

Yay for wrapping up another trip report! I need to go back to Trader Sam's. Not happening this month, maybe next month. Can't wait to see the bathroom after all the other stuff you picked up.

wow, I really left this thing "almost" done didn't I! Got through rope drop on our last morning and then I fell off the face of the earth for all of June.
Don't worry... I can barely keep up with anything as it is right now.

Absolutely delicious but..heavy on the ice so you don't feel like you get quite enough drink. Still super yummy though, a personal favorite.
Looks fantastic! I wish I could have tried one!

And then, mmmmn....lunch! Which, ironically is the exact same burger Evan ordered next door from Tangaroa Terrace. All that really did was slow down my lunch. LOL!
Is this when you threw the "told you so" at him?

Like having the whole terrace to yourself! It was hot out but still!
A beautiful place to just sit and relax...

but the big guy was happy!
The big kids have to have some fun too!

I love the CM in the background trying to get your dad to pose for your picture.

I can't say I blame her

I could go for one of those right now
::yes::

Always such a nice little respite, it makes me smile
It is! I always enjoy seeing the Tiki Room.

Now, this is not the whole bathroom but since there are some additional items I picked up on our last day on the girls trip, that I haven't written the update for, I'll save full pictures of the room until then. Plus I've picked up a couple more things since that trip so the room is a lot more fleshed out. For a small powder room anyway lol!
I like how it looks so far. I look forward to seeing more of your decorations.

Glad you came back to finish this up! I'm hoping to get into Trader Sam's next month. That Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum looked like my kind of drink!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter