He's with the Band! a DL Performing Arts TR- 7/13/15 A little Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum!

I am so enjoying your stories about your trip with your parents. The memories from your 1st trip and the chance to go back to Blue Bayou is part of the magic we all try to capture each time we are there! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for reading!

I'm playing catch up again but I think someone is cutting onions here at the office after reading your Blue Bayou story.

#twoweeks

Jill in CO

:)

#twoweeks

Well technically, I'm ordering the onion soup and pomme frites, and she orders the Monte Cristo. We ask for a couple extra jams, but since they don't "split the plate" in the back, we don't get charged a split plate fee. I just grab a chunk of sandwich off her plate.

Perfect!!!!! That sounds so good right now. I'm starving!

Sorry for no update. As some of you know it was a week of computer woes, not conducive to DIS time.

I was going to post a picture of my coffee on the lanai but apparently via the phone the file is too large?

Oh well, saying Aloha from Hawaii !!

Have a great time at Aulani!! And I am looking forward to seeing the coffee on the lanai picture!!

Sorry for no update. As some of you know it was a week of computer woes, not conducive to DIS time.

I was going to post a picture of my coffee on the lanai but apparently via the phone the file is too large?

Oh well, saying Aloha from Hawaii !!

I offered to post a couple of pictures from Cynthia's Facebook Posts:

Aloha from Hawaii - View from room at Hilton Hawaiian Village, Oahu

Cynthia HHV 2.jpg

Coffee on the Lanai

Cynthia HHV 1.jpg

View from lanai at Aulani

Cynthia Aulani.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks Dee!!! On the Lanai now, heading to Monkeypod shortly, followed by the Starlit Hui. Hit a bump yesterday with winds at Pearl cancelling our reservation but were able to do it this morning.

And oh.my.goodness

Most amazing rum ever in our lanai drinks. Ellen had raved about it before but I'd only tried the gold. We bought their dark rum at Costco and WOW. Mixed with POG, I swear it tastes like there is vanilla in it. Amazing vacation drink. Koala rum, from Kauai.

It may be the souvenir Jeff and I bring home :)

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing the pictures. With a little help. :thumbsup2

It sounds like you're having a good time. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

I seem to have lost getting notifications in the switchover so i'm behind with all your reports. Starting my Pre TR tomorrow hopefully.

Love the story of lunch, that must be the best sandwich in the world for the price, I have heard it is good but never knew the price.

it looked like a great time from your posts on FB.

I love all the photos I keep seeing, and between you and Mark, I REALLY want to head to Aulani someday. Relax, enjoy and we'll anxiously await your TR!

As I get ready to head to a very special birthday party, I wanted to get a very special update up!
I have had the WORST computer luck this past month and the saga continues. I've actually refused to give the office either of the laptops issued to me at the moment to try and fix as I just need to get some WORK done, even if the darn things crash on me it’s better than starting over, and over and over and over again!

Similar issues at home although interestingly enough, wiping that system clean, re-installing it to factory settings and loading ancient software seems to have done the trick enough for me to be able to hobble by. Sure I can’t download a current anti virus program and sure, it has a 2003 version of office on it but since all I really use it for is quicken, I don’t care all that much. The rest of my life lives in the cloud…

LOL.

At any rate, the combination of my computer woes and well, a fabulous Hawaiian vacation have again, gotten me behind. At least it was for partially fun reasons and not just work travel!

I have realized that my pictures were out of order here. My last update had us going in for extra magic hour, riding Mater, getting RSR FP’s, having breakfast, Goofy’s, photopass, Heimlichs Chew Chew and then heading to Blue Bayou.

It was funny, as I was writing it I SWORE we went on Soarin after the RST stampeded before anything else and sure enough, we did.

We could the not so magical folks waiting to get in as we headed over, post Mater.

P4238869.jpg

P4238870.jpg

it really is nice being on the other side of that rope!

And look, we were there!

P4238872.jpg

Proof

P4238873.jpg

yeah, bad picture but proof is proof.

I am always trying to find Jeff planes related items and attempted the same today

P4238875.jpg

no luck

I love the theming of the restrooms here

P4238877.jpg

After this we did head straight to get our FP’s.

Ok, now that my story is straight and I wasn't confusing my days after all…

Where were we?

We were just leaving the Blue Bayou. After our lunch, we stopped to check something out

IMG_0433.jpg

Not that we could actually see anything!

I had told my kids that we were meeting a DIS board friend but nothing more than that. We headed over to BTMRR where we met Alison! It was so fabulous to see the new version in the daylight! I love BTMRR in the dark but you know, there was so much great detail, it was so fun to really try and absorb it all. Apparently I didn't take a single picture. I think at this point my phone was dying but I am not positive.

Alison, @franandaj, is that right? I think that is the only ride we did in DL before leaving but my brain is mushing up the August trip lol! I know we did more in August but in looking at my time stamps and lack of pics I think it was just BTMRR? Jeesh, I am lame!

After that we had someplace special to go. The boys wanted to know where. I asked them if they trusted me. They said yes. And happily trotted along as we headed out of the park and into DCA.

To another hidden gem

IMG_0464.jpg

Like Club 33, it is accessible only by members, or someone who knows one and luckily someone was able to meet us there and help us get in.

A few official pictures since mine are rather lousy

nin089345THUMBb.jpg

nin890346THUMBb.jpg

Once inside, we ordered some adult beverages

For my folks. Poor mom had to pass on her beloved gin and tonic due to the back meds.

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

For me (sorry Alison, I caught you looking the other way!)

IMG_0435.jpg

Alison ordered the famous martini with the sphere cube. I'd seen pictures of it before but it was neat to watch them make the ice cube! My pictures are terrible.

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

We also shared a light snack

IMG_0444.jpg

At first we just all relaxed and soaked up the environment. You really could look at the room and the walls, every nook and cranny, for days!

I'd love these in my powder room

IMG_0446.jpg

Special chairs

IMG_0447.jpg

The nine old men

IMG_0448.jpg

Amazing memorabilia

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

For Jeff

IMG_0454.jpg

I like the tiki bird bookends too!

IMG_0455.jpg

There were also cell phone chargers and we were all able to plug in. One major issue I do have with DL is that their cell and wi fi is absolutely horrendous and drains the battery life like nothing I have ever seen. I didn't take as many pictures as I'd have probably liked or later wished I had, I was just too busy and content soaking it all in. And sometimes feel obnoxious with my camera or phone lol.

The boys each had a drink and then each had an agenda to attend to.

Eric had a friend who was in the park so left to go hit some rides with him for a bit. Evan, Evan was on a shopping mission (when isn't he, right?). He had spotted something that he really really wanted, and he wanted them now!

So he went and got them, returned, and put them on!

93aeb4fd-80a8-4623-9e0b-f17f2a24d4ce.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

I can’t decide, to this day if I am mortified by his nerve and comfort doing that or impressed. A little bit of both I guess. I am happy to report he still wears those slippers, constantly. The red shirt he had picked out earlier that day, he is definitely that kid that when he gets something new it goes on immediately. In Hawaii, he bought 2 new Hawaiian shirts with his souvenir money, wore both but then didn't wear the 2 he had prior to the trip. Knucklehead. It's kinda cute though.

About this point I believe we ordered another round and took a few more pictures! Fighting with the lighting again.

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Continued from previous

Based on my pictures and time stamps it looks like maybe Eric came back and my Dad left with him for a ride?

52923070003.jpg

52923070003.jpg

I can’t say I recall that but then again, I didn't go on it with them! I know Eric rode it a few times that day, once with his friend and I guess once with my dad maybe? No one else wanted to.

What I do know for sure is this, after that we all headed over to RSR. My dad had ridden it once already on the trip and determined that was enough. I am farily sure he headed back to the room for a nap after Tower and either handed Eric off, or he met us back at 1901 or maybe at RSR. Either way, we got the kid. This worked out well as then Alison got to ride with us! We had deliberately pulled all the FP's in the morning just in case she could!

And she did!

52923070004.jpg

Oh I love that ride! And it was nice to ride it the daytime, as with BTMRR, we had only ridden it in the dark so far.

We also stopped for a few PP shots after the ride

52936130063.jpg

52936130064.jpg

52936130065.jpg

52936130066.jpg

52936130067.jpg

52936130068.jpg

52936130069.jpg

52936130070.jpg

52936130071.jpg

What a fun fun fun afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It had been a busy day though and all were fading a bit. Alison needed to get home and the boys wanted a movie in the room. Alison had parked at the VGC so we all walked back together where we said our goodbyes knowing we might see each other again in August.

Alison, I can’t thank you enough for an fun afternoon. My family loved meeting you and spending the afternoon with you. We were all excited to meet Fran this past thanksgiving.

A funny story. At some point during the day as we were walking to and from somewhere, Alison’s fit bit went off as he had hit her step count goal. Startled her! Well, she wasn't the only one who got a lot of steps in that day.

Check out my kids

A bundle of energy let me tell you

P4238881.jpg

That really didn't look all that comfy to me so we pulled the bed out and the boys got cozy for the movie.

4fb127f3-08f9-467d-8cee-ab5b3fa235c9.jpg

yes, those are Evan’s legs UNDER the sofa bed

Eric got the top

095ce36c-515f-4096-9108-eba155d6fc85.jpg

Even my folks look wiped

IMG_0479.jpg

As for me?

I went for dessert with a view

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

We must have had leftovers, for the life of me it doesn't appear we ate anywhere else but then again between breakfast and lunch and snacks, I guess we didn't need to!

It was odd. It had been a really full, amazing day. One of the blessings of DVC is the ability to come “home” and do exactly this. Yet, it was odd not to be out in the parks closing it down! We did want to hit it hard on our last morning and I know that was a factor. So, while odd, it was definitely nice, definitely needed and definitely the perfect end to pretty perfect day.

Last edited:
What a great day!

Looks like fun with Alison.

And I'm green with envy over 1901. How cool for you all and what a great place to hang out from the hubbub of the parks.

What a great day! I've heard of Club 33, but I've never heard of 1901. Very cool that you got to go in there!

Similar issues at home although interestingly enough, wiping that system clean, re-installing it to factory settings and loading ancient software seems to have done the trick enough for me to be able to hobble by. Sure I can’t download a current anti virus program and sure, it has a 2003 version of office on it but since all I really use it for is quicken, I don’t care all that much. The rest of my life lives in the cloud…
Yuck... Been there, done that. Always a pain in the rear.

We could the not so magical folks waiting to get in as we headed over, post Mater.
Oh yeah, definitely much better to be on this side of that rope!!!

Not that we could actually see anything!
So close, yet so far away!

Amazing memorabilia
1901 looks incredible. It would be amazing to just check it all out sometime!

Evan, Evan was on a shopping mission (when isn't he, right?). He had spotted something that he really really wanted, and he wanted them now!

So he went and got them, returned, and put them on!
:rotfl2: That's awesome!

I can’t decide, to this day if I am mortified by his nerve and comfort doing that or impressed. A little bit of both I guess. I am happy to report he still wears those slippers, constantly.
I can see how it would be a little bit of both, but I'm leaning a little more towards impressed. :thumbsup2

What a fun fun fun afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It definitely looks like it was! I'm glad you got to hang out with Alison for a few hours!

As for me?

I went for dessert with a view
And quite a view it is...

It was odd. It had been a really full, amazing day. One of the blessings of DVC is the ability to come “home” and do exactly this. Yet, it was odd not to be out in the parks closing it down! We did want to hit it hard on our last morning and I know that was a factor. So, while odd, it was definitely nice, definitely needed and definitely the perfect end to pretty perfect day.
Makes a lot of sense. I'd have a hard time not closing the parks, but you'd been there for a few days and a little rest for the last morning probably wasn't a bad idea at all.

I had so much fun that day, and it was the first time I ever hit 10,000 steps. I remember exactly where it was just outside the kids club at the GCH, my fitbit had never vibrated like that and it FREAKED me out! I had only been wearing it for a month back then.

Your kids were so funny, from talking about seeing headless Mickey backstage supposedly smoking a cigarette to the slippers, it was a silly day. I can't believe how heavy I look in those pictures! You caught me at my worst angles! :rotfl2: I really hope that I have lost a little since then. :worried:

It is nice to spend a lazy evening around the Villa. I hope we are going to that Friday night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter