• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

We were ready for our road trip to begin.

1688954177223.png
Fun! I secretly almost like a road-trip, I just HATE the trip home!

The GPS was showing our arrival time at the hotel for 11:29 pm. Of course this was still showing central time zone and we would cross over to eastern time zone before we got to the hotel. It also did not account for the traffic and stops. We hit the road at 5:36 pm.
Wait! I'm so bad at time zones, but is your drive to WDW only about 6 hours?? That's amazing! If ours was like that I wouldn't mind driving ALL the time! It's so nice having your own car there!

I will not try to get that far again if I ever have to drive that late in the day. It was after 1 am eastern time zone
That is a very long day 😴😴😴

Eating crawfish.

Yum! I hope you liked them.

So excited you've started another trip report - I love following along on your adventures!

:welcome:and thank you for joining us again!

I'm so sorry for your loss - we lost both my husband's parents this year and nothing quite prepares you for that. Prayers for your whole family 🙏

Thank you. I'm sorry for your family's loss too. We have both lost our parents now and it's strange and empty. He was the last grandparent my kids had. I guess that means we're the old ones now.

Fun! I secretly almost like a road-trip, I just HATE the trip home!
Exactly!! There is so much excitement on the way there and none on the way home.

Wait! I'm so bad at time zones, but is your drive to WDW only about 6 hours?? That's amazing! If ours was like that I wouldn't mind driving ALL the time! It's so nice having your own car there!

I wish is was only 6 hours to Disney. This was the time to get to our hotel for the night.

That is a very long day 😴😴😴

Way tooo long.

We Have Arrived!!! Saturday, Sept 4, 2021

We were getting closer and closer to the Bubble. It doesn't seen to take long at all once you're on the turnpike, the excitement builds as the miles fly by.

We had been texting with Danielle and Leah so everyone knew where everyone was and hoping to time our arrival just right. Leah had already had to navigate the Orlando airport and getting on ME alone, I didn't want her to be alone waiting for us to get to Movies.
I got a text at 11:02 am that our room wasn't ready. I'm not sure when I got the next text but the room was ready. We were assigned a room on the 1st Floor in Mighty Ducks building 3. It was in the back of the resort but it was close to parking. We actually did a good bit of driving this trip since we had a car and Danielle has one too.
We saw the Welcome sign @ 12:35 pm. It was great to have Michelle in the car to take this important photo.
1690147778372.png
She also got the photo of me checking in at the gate. Don't forget your photo ID.
1690147828868.png
Danielle had arrived right before us and met us in the check in parking lot.
1690147881355.png
We were all over the moon to see each other. It had been a long 2 1/2 months.
1690147956912.png
As we were walking up to the entrance, Leah's ME bus pulled up. We were able to greet her as she came off the bus.
1690148035171.png

We were all together and the room was ready. What should we do first? Why eat of course. Everyone was starving. Mobile ordering was the choice way to get food. Danielle took care of the order and used her CM discount. She doesn't usually get a discount on counter service except for in AK and at Resorts.

More hugs were given while we waited. Michelle also picked up a 1st visit for Baby Dominic.
1690148258800.png
1690148282585.png
1690148329403.png
We were very excited once our food was ready. I don't remember what we had but look how nice, the CM wrote us some notes.
1690148403221.png

Continued in next post.

Once we were done eating it was time to find our room and freshen up.

We had never stayed in an updated Movies room but we had loved the updated Pop room. I know the rooms lack all the neat Disney touches but I really like all the storage.

Have you ever noticed when you first park at the resort you usually don't end up getting the best spot for your room location? There are so many paths that it takes a little trail and error to get the just right spot. We drove to what we thought would be the best spot but really wasn't.

The room looked great! We all unloaded, freshened up and got ready for our first park Epcot. I like to unpack but the others like to live out of their suitcases.
1690149346446.png
1690149367468.png
1690149389273.png
1690149410678.png
We ended up with 2 Poohs, a Mary Poppins and a Remy.
1690149485881.png
1690149509479.png
1690149545912.png
1690149571026.png

Danielle insisted on driving and showing us how well she could get around.

Before leaving Movies we found this turkey in the parking lot.

1690149664635.png

Epcot here we come!

1690149707373.png

Up next will be our 1st park!

Hurray you made it!
Those smiles say it all! ❤️. Such happiness at being back together again🥰. I’m like you Vanessa I like to unpack. Then I feel like my holiday has properly started.
You all look amazing in your Disney bounding gear. Love that Baby Dominic got his 1st visit button 😂

Yum! I hope you liked them.
Nope.

Loved them!
It doesn't seen to take long at all once you're on the turnpike, the excitement builds as the miles fly by.
Been a while since I've driven it... (I think... almost 20 years!!! :eek:)
I got a text at 11:02 am that our room wasn't ready.
You got a text that your room wasn't ready? Is that normal? (I typically don't get texts either way, so don't know.)
We saw the Welcome sign @ 12:35 pm. It was great to have Michelle in the car to take this important photo.
Good shot, too. Never been able to get a decent one.
:) You can tell she's pretty happy.
We were all over the moon to see each other. It had been a long 2 1/2 months.
:grouphug:
As we were walking up to the entrance, Leah's ME bus pulled up. We were able to greet her as she came off the bus.
Talk about good timing!
She doesn't usually get a discount on counter service except for in AK and at Resorts.
Oh? That's... oddly specific. She works in DHS, doesn't she? I'd have thought she'd get a discount everywhere, but at least in DHS... unless at the time she was in AK?
Michelle also picked up a 1st visit for Baby Dominic.
:laughing: Great idea!
This is perfect. :)
Have you ever noticed when you first park at the resort you usually don't end up getting the best spot for your room location?
Actually... no.
1. See above comment about last time I've driven there. And,
2. When I did, I picked a really good spot right off the bat. :)
I like to unpack but the others like to live out of their suitcases.
::yes::
If I'm just overnighting, I might not unpack, but otherwise...
We ended up with 2 Poohs, a Mary Poppins and a Remy.
And you guys look great. :)
Before leaving Movies we found this turkey in the parking lot.
Donald is looking a bit off these days.

The first day is just the best! You have such a sense of excitement and happiness! I love your dis bound outfits!
We have stayed just one night at AS Movies and loved it. We were in the Toy Story section. The new rooms are really nice.
We will have one night at AS Music this September! A new one to us.

Hurray you made it!
Those smiles say it all! ❤️. Such happiness at being back together again🥰

We were all smiling from ear to ear!

I’m like you Vanessa I like to unpack. Then I feel like my holiday has properly started.

Something else we have in common. Disney does tell everyone "Welcome Home" so might as well move right on in.

You all look amazing in your Disney bounding gear. Love that Baby Dominic got his 1st visit button

Thank you! Girls trip so we had to dress for it.

Stayed tuned he will get more than just a 1st Visit Button.

Nope.

Loved them!

I'm so glad! You must like spicy food.

Been a while since I've driven it... (I think... almost 20 years!!! :eek:)

That's a long time and for you it's a much longer drive.

You got a text that your room wasn't ready? Is that normal? (I typically don't get texts either way, so don't know.)

It is normal. I find if you put your arrival time in your online check in they usually send you a text and/or email to let you know if it's not ready. When we took ME it would send one when you were on the bus. The MDE has the ability to track where you are too.

Good shot, too. Never been able to get a decent one.

Mine are all horrible even when I'm the passenger in the car. Michelle did a fabulous job on this one.

:) You can tell she's pretty happy.

I think so too.

Talk about good timing!

It really was .

Oh? That's... oddly specific. She works in DHS, doesn't she? I'd have thought she'd get a discount everywhere, but at least in DHS... unless at the time she was in AK?

She get discounts at all 4 parks. CMs don't get discount as CS except for at AK and the resorts. They get a discount at most TS restaurants too.

:laughing: Great idea!

I thought so too.

This is perfect. :)

It really is!

2. When I did, I picked a really good spot right off the bat. :)

Of course you did.

If I'm just overnighting, I might not unpack, but otherwise...

Great minds think alike.

And you guys look great. :)

Thank you!

Donald is looking a bit off these days.

He's lost a lot of color.

The first day is just the best! You have such a sense of excitement and happiness!

The first day is fab, but the last day is sad.

I love your dis bound outfits!

Thank you!

We have stayed just one night at AS Movies and loved it.

AS Movies is the first Disney Resort we ever stayed at so it has a special place in our hearts.

The new rooms are really nice.
We will have one night at AS Music this September! A new one to us.

We've stayed at AS Music 3 times, once in a family suite before the rehab. We stayed in a regular room back in 2005/2006 and once in a refurbed room in Dec 2021. Refurbed rooms are nicer.

Life Updates and Tales from the Dark Side.

I'm 45 sleeps away from my next trip to Disney!

I'm going to be doing some things I have NEVER done. First I'm going with a co-worker, her sister, her daughter and her daughter-in-law. I've always gone with family or by myself. This will be very new for me. My co-worker will be there starting Labor Day week but I won't be arriving until Friday the 8th. This is the day her daughter is arriving too. The first part of the trip they are staying in a Dockside suite at Universal. They will still be there when I arrive on Friday night. This is another first for me. I have never stayed out of the Disney bubble and never at a Universal Resort, but it's only for 1 night. The next day we move to Club Wyndam @ Bonnet Creek, again not in the Disney bubble. My co-worker has a timeshare there and we'll be in a 2 BDR condo. I've come close to not staying the bubble (Hotel Plaza Resorts count as part of the bubble) but have never done it. I'm wondering how I'm going to feel.

The biggest new thing for me will be going to an actual Universal Park. We're planning a day the Universal parks on Monday the 11th. I'm so excited but so scared too. I know nothing about Universal. This isn't my trip to plan so I'm going to just go with the flow. I do want to see all the Harry Potter stuff and try frozen butterbeer. I'm going to try to stick to just those as my priorities. I don't do motion rides or round and round so it will be a lot of looking at the sights and soaking in the atmosphere.

We also have tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for the night of the 12th. Danielle is going with us to the party, we have both never been. We're planning on Epcot and Food and Wine for Saturday the 9th. Still working on plans for Sunday the 10th, Tuesday morning the 12th and maybe a meal with Danielle on the 13th before I fly back home. She is going to be my transportation to the airport so I need to treat her. My co-worker and her sister leave on the 13th to drive back, her daughter leaves on the 12th and her daughter-in-law leaves on the 10th. So many moving parts!

Any Universal suggestions! I'm really hoping we hit City Walk for a meal on Friday night.

Don't forget to watch the dragon breathe fire! It was easily my favorite thing to see! I also really liked the Butterbeer Ice cream that you can get at Florean's! I found the frozen butterbeer (at least the 1 I had) had a really weird and off putting texture but I'm weird about textures.

I'm so glad! You must like spicy food.
Didn’t find them overly spicy. Although I think my lips were a bit numb after.
That's a long time and for you it's a much longer drive.
Just a wee bit.
It is normal. I find if you put your arrival time in your online check in they usually send you a text and/or email to let you know if it's not ready. When we took ME it would send one when you were on the bus. The MDE has the ability to track where you are too.
I had no idea!
She get discounts at all 4 parks. CMs don't get discount as CS except for at AK and the resorts. They get a discount at most TS restaurants too.
I wonder why no CS discounts at the other parks?
Of course you did.
:blush:
He's lost a lot of color.
Back to black and white cartoons, huh?

I'm 45 sleeps away from my next trip to Disney!
Getting there. :)
I've always gone with family or by myself. This will be very new for me.
Hope everyone gets along.
I have never stayed out of the Disney bubble and never at a Universal Resort,
I think you’ll enjoy it. :)
The biggest new thing for me will be going to an actual Universal Park.
Really! Was sure you’d been.
try frozen butterbeer.
You have to! Soooooo good! :cloud9:
We also have tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for the night of the 12th. Danielle is going with us to the party, we have both never been.
Never??? I’m surprised! You’re going to love it! Dressing up?
Any Universal suggestions! I'm really hoping we hit City Walk for a meal on Friday night.
Meal at Citywalk. Might look at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium just for the atmosphere. Cowfish or Vivo have better food though. Can do the Emporium for dessert. The shakes are amazing.

Rides at Uni that aren’t motion sickness enducing…
Do ET for sure. MIB should be okay if you like TSMM, but it is a bit faster. I think you’d be okay on King Kong. If you’re okay on BTMR then you’d like Hagrids. Hippogriph is like Barnstormer. See Uni House of Horrors show. Do not ride Simpsons, it makes a lot of people sick. Revenge of the Mummy is like RNRC but a bit more intense. Cat in the Hat is cute, especially if you grew up with the book. And don’t skip the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley for a nice overview of the area, similar to People Mover.

And agree with what @Sacahara said. See the dragon breathing fire.

Do you have a two park pass? If you do? Make sure you ride Hogwarts Express between the parks. Preferably in both directions, but at least once.

Last edited:
Don't forget to watch the dragon breathe fire! I

Most definitely on my short list.

I also really liked the Butterbeer Ice cream that you can get at Florean's! I found the frozen butterbeer (at least the 1 I had) had a really weird and off putting texture but I'm weird about textures.

Ice cream might be a better option due to the heat too.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Didn’t find them overly spicy. Although I think my lips were a bit numb after.

The heat builds as you're eating them.

I wonder why no CS discounts at the other parks?

I have no idea. They do get discount on festival food at Epcot on certain days too.

Back to black and white cartoons, huh?

Classic Disney.

Hope everyone gets along.

Me too.

Really! Was sure you’d been.

Never been.

You have to! Soooooo good! :cloud9:

I'm really looking forward to some butterbeer.

Never??? I’m surprised!

We did go to Boo Bash as part of this trip report, but that was more like an after-hours event.

You’re going to love it! Dressing up?

We dressed up for Boo Bash so stay tuned. We hashed around some idea for the party, but everything was going to be just too hot. We ended up getting some matching shirts that I'm excited to wear and hopefully not sweat too much.

Meal at Citywalk. Might look at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium just for the atmosphere. Cowfish or Vivo have better food though. Can do the Emporium for dessert. The shakes are amazing.

These all sound good. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm hoping we make it to City Walk if it's not too late when we get back from the airport.

Do ET for sure.

It's on my list. One of your trip reports helped to want this one.

MIB should be okay if you like TSMM, but it is a bit faster.

I was worried the spinning when you get hit might be a bit much.

. I think you’d be okay on King Kong.

I was thinking the same thing.

If you’re okay on BTMR then you’d like Hagrids.

I put it on my list too. Caroline rides it so I should be ok.

Hippogriph is like Barnstormer.

I thought this one would be good too.

See Uni House of Horrors show.

If we have time for a show, I would like to see it.

Do not ride Simpsons, it makes a lot of people sick.

This is an absolutely no go for me. I remember reading about it on one of your reports.

Revenge of the Mummy is like RNRC but a bit more intense.

But does it goes upside down? That's what keeps me from repeating on ride on RNRC. I've done it twice and won't do it again.

Cat in the Hat is cute, especially if you grew up with the book.

I think I might like this.

nd don’t skip the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley for a nice overview of the area, similar to People Mover.

On my list too.

And agree with what @Sacahara said. See the dragon breathing fire.

2 votes for the dragon.

Do you have a two park pass? If you do? Make sure you ride Hogwarts Express between the parks. Preferably in both directions, but at least once.

We do have the two park pass just for this reason.

Looking over the attractions I think I might like Islands of Adventure more. Looking forward to the Jurassic area and the water rides along with Hogsmeade.

The heat builds as you're eating them.
I guess? I didn’t have any issues. :)
:rolleyes1
We did go to Boo Bash as part of this trip report, but that was more like an after-hours event.
Does not count. ;)
It's on my list. One of your trip reports helped to want this one.
Oh! Glad I could help. :)
I was worried the spinning when you get hit might be a bit much.
It spins a bit… but I never really noticed it that much. Too busy trying to shoot aliens.
This is an absolutely no go for me. I remember reading about it on one of your reports.
Yup. Yuck.
But does it goes upside down? That's what keeps me from repeating on ride on RNRC. I've done it twice and won't do it again.
I don’t remember for sure but I don’t think it does.

Universal is awesome, the last part of my report is coming up with Universal info.
Get a butter beer, take in the HP world atmosphere! It is amazing. Ride the Mummy and Gringotts such good rides! You have to ride ET and do the Horror Make up show really good!
Many good places to eat and drink on Citywalk! We like CowFish, Toothsome’s, Antojitos, Margaritaville, Vodoo donuts, and Red Brick oven quick service pizza is very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter