Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

vamassey1

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone and Welcome to another Belated Trip Report!

If you have been with us before I Welcome you back and hope you will chime in along the way. If you're new I Welcome you and also hope you'll chat along with us.

I know this is a trip that happened almost 2 years ago, but we had so much fun I just had to share. It's just been taking me way too long to get these reports finished. Fingers crossed I get this one done faster, but no promises.

Introductions
1688579986629.png

My name is Vanessa and I'm a true Disney Addict. I have done my best to spread my Love for Disney to those around me. I have been able to sprinkle my husband with a mild love for Disney. I have succeeded wholly with my two daughters and failed with my son. I'm still working on my extended family and friends. I'm old enough to have grandkids but young enough at heart to continue to get excited planning a trip and weepy while I'm there. I don't have a favorite character but Belle, Merida, Rapunzel, Minnie and Snow White top my lists. My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom. My favorite thrill ride is Tower of Terror. My favorite themed ride was Splash Mountain and I haven't found one to replace it yet.

This trip originally started out as my first ever solo trip. Remember when I said I had succeeded in passing on my Love of Disney to my 2 daughters? Well my youngest daughter had such a great love that one of her dreams was to work for Disney. She finally got into the Disney College Program (DCP) on her second attempt. She started during her Junior year in college in January 2020 and was sent back home in March of 2020 when they closed the parks. She completed her Senior year and got her degree, even though she was heart broken that her dream was smashed by Covid. DH and I took her to Disney to celebrate her graduation from LSU in May of 2021. The Magic was working because she got the official announcement that the DCP was back while we were in Studios. She immediately applied and by June 15th she was back in Orlando. This trip was my first chance to see her since she left home to go back to Disney, so of course she was part of the trip.

I present to you my youngest daughter and Disney lover Danielle.

1688580460049.png

I booked my trip in May before she even left for Disney so she and I would have something to look forward to when we both got lonely. I booked a room at All-Star Movies with NO DISCOUNT. Can you even imagine that? Disney did not offer any discounts for the time I was going, not even an AP discount. I figured since it was just the 2 of us Movies would just be fine and it's really close to DCP housing.

This stayed my solo trip to see Danielle until August. While visiting with DH's cousin and her daughter Leah the subject came up. Leah had a love for Disney that her family did not share. She had made a trip as a child with her whole family and a one day trip to the MK with her older sister but had never really DONE Disney. By the end of the visit she was added to our trip. Please welcome Leah for the first time. She was a Freshman in college when we took this trip and had no idea what craziness she was getting herself into. She did great!
1688580926276.png

So, now we're up to 3 people but what girl's trip would be complete without my original Disney planner sidekick? Michelle had been thinking about crashing our trip for awhile. She was doing the single Mom role with JP while her DH was working out of state and only home about twice a month. She was also going to be 6 months pregnant at the time of the trip and would not get a chance to take a trip without kids in the future. Our dates fell when her DH was not home and her mother-in-law could watch JP. It was also when Gia (step-daughter) was going to be with her mother. She had to join us once Leah was added. Don't we all have FOMS (fear of missing something)? If you have read our reports before you already know Michelle. She has helped me do several reports but since Dominic ( child #2) was born she hasn't had time. I really miss her point of view and writing. Please welcome Michelle and technically Dominic!
1688581377805.png

My original trip dates were September 4-8, but I added the 8th right before the trip due to needing more sleep before heading home. I will be explaining that later. Leah was booked from the 4th to the 8th and Michelle was booked from the 4th to the 7th. She didn't want to leave JP for too long. Our plans were to all fly in on the 4th. Leah and I would fly out on the 8th and Michelle would fly back on the 7th. We still had access to Magical Express which was a great benefit especially for Leah since she was new to all of this. She is an experienced traveler but not to Disney.

Our park plans were:
Saturday 9/4 Epcot after everyone arrived.
Sunday 9/5 MK all day
Monday 9/6 AK most of the day then back to Epcot
Tuesday 9/7 Michelle leaves, Leah & I go to DHS for 1/2 day then we had tickets to Boo Bash.
Wednesday 9/8 MK for a few hours then Leah would fly home. I planned on spending time with Danielle for the rest of the day.
Thursday 9/9 saying goodbye to Danielle and Disney.

I originally had ADR for just Danielle and I, but after we started adding people I had to make some adjustments.

We ended up with:

Sunday, 9/5 Skipper Canteen lunch for all 4 of us.
Tuesday, 9/7 Toppolino's Breakfast for Danielle, Leah and I.
Tuesday, 9/7 Oga's for Leah and I.
Wednesday, 9/8 Ale & Compass Breakfast for Danielle, Leah and I.

This trip was still during the middle of Covid restrictions. We had moved up to not having to wear masks outside. We still wore masks anywhere inside, including rides and on transportation. You will get to see our faces much more than on our last girl's trip in October 2020.

Please stay with us while we share our fun.
1688582326144.png

Holy moley, am I first?! YAY! So excited to read all about your girl's trip! One of my favorite Disney trips was right when the parks reopened from Covid with just me, my Mom and my aunt. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Hello Everyone and Welcome to another Belated Trip Report!
:wave:
Not first.... but close!
I have succeeded wholly with my two daughters and failed with my son.
1688598836262.png
My favorite themed ride was Splash Mountain and I haven't found one to replace it yet.
You may temporarily opt for BTMRR while you wait.
Please welcome Leah for the first time.
She was a Freshman in college when we took this trip and had no idea what craziness she was getting herself into.
:laughing:
1688582326144.png
What a nice shot of all of you!

Hiya I've made it!
Love all the photos and can't wait to hear your adventures. Love that Michelle and Leah joined you and Danielle on your trip. I remember the excitement hearing that Danielle was going back to Disney. Great times ahead!

Holy moley, am I first?! YAY
Yes you are! :welcome:

So excited to read all about your girl's trip! One of my favorite Disney trips was right when the parks reopened from Covid with just me, my Mom and my aunt. Can't wait to hear all about it!

I'm excited to share our girl's trip. I have found I really enjoy them, not that I don't enjoy a trip with the guys too, but there is just some great differences when it's just the girls.

Not first.... but close!

Not bad, but in the words of Ricky Bobby "Always remember, If you ain't first, you're last.

But I am happy to have you here.

I love this song!

You may temporarily opt for BTMRR while you wait.

I do love BTMRR but I'm still searching.

What a nice shot of all of you!

Thank you! That's one of the great things about a girl's trip, we were all about the cute photos.

Hiya I've made it!

:welcome: Moira! So happy you're here with us again.

Love all the photos and can't wait to hear your adventures. Love that Michelle and Leah joined you and Danielle on your trip.

We really had a great time even if it was a short trip. Having Michelle and Leah just added to the fun.

I remember the excitement hearing that Danielle was going back to Disney. Great times ahead!

We were all so thrilled for her. Hard to believe she's been back 2 whole years.

Thank you everyone who has joined it. I'm sorry if it seems like I disappeared right after posting the start of the report. Within an hour of posting this we got the news that Dennis' dad had passed on July 4th. Dennis is the next of kin and the only one here so we have been dealing with that. Things are finally coming together and we're hoping to say our final goodbyes next weekend.

I will try to get more posted but no promises. We will start getting the out of town guest on Thursday. Both Brent, my son and Danielle will be her by Thursday night.

Thanks for your patience.

Not bad, but in the words of Ricky Bobby "Always remember, If you ain't first, you're last.
But not least?
But I am happy to have you here.
:)
I love this song!
Whole album is great. :)
Thank you! That's one of the great things about a girl's trip, we were all about the cute photos.
I do that too.

:rolleyes:
Within an hour of posting this we got the news that Dennis' dad had passed on July 4th.
Sorry for your loss. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter