Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

Thought of you today. Made Cajun spiced pickerel (what you might call walleye.)
Yum!

IMG_9833.jpeg

Sure if this Irish lass can survive Florida you will have no bother :rotfl:

I'm going to keep telling myself that every time I think it's too hot.

I’m thinking Moana way of the water ( or whatever it’s called ) may get a visit or two. Plus ice cream, pool time, a/c meals and lots of fun to be had.

All good suggestions, thank you!

The boys are getting so big and are indeed such handsome lads. It will be so much fun to have Gabriel there outside the womb 😂. Michelle will be so glad of all the extra helping hands from the adults it’s bound to make for a great trip 🥰

It should be very interesting with all 3. When we go places we like to have "man to man coverage". When Dennis doing convention stuff we'll have man to man if Danielle is with us. When we have all 4 adults it be even better. It's much harder when we have to go to "zone defense" when we're out numbered. Can you tell we're an American Football fan family? Jimmy actually played college football at LSU.

Thought of you today. Made Cajun spiced pickerel (what you might call walleye.)
Yum!

IMG_9833.jpeg

Yum!!! That looks so good. I hope it was nice and spicy.

This will be Gabriel's first trip, correct? (Outside the womb. :rotfl:)

I'm sure the boys will be outside in the LA summer, so they should survive summertime at Disney. So long as you keep them hydrated and take lots of breaks indoors. It'll probably be the adults who suffer more. :laughing:

I'm going to keep telling myself that every time I think it's too hot.
I can’t lie- there are times I envy the kids running through the wee water fountains but you will be able to do that under the guise of retrieving the grandsons😜.
I think when you have a few strategies up front it helps but also we sometimes admit defeat and just head for the pool or room for an hour or so then everyone gets their second wind and it’s all good.
Today was a perfect summer day here- high of 25*c, no humidity, light breeze - it was heavenly though the teenager said he misses Florida thunderstorms 😱😂

. Can you tell we're an American Football fan family? Jimmy actually played college football at LSU.
Definitely!!
Are you hoping the boys will follow in their dad’s footsteps? I know that’s your team.
We are Arsenal fans ( soccer) through and through though my husband played Gaelic and hurley for the county. The older boy played Gaelic for parish e grew up in and the youngest played soccer but just locally. My grandson plays them all but enjoys Gaelic and hurley most.
I think team sports are so good for kids.

Last edited:
I can’t lie- there are times I envy the kids running through the wee water fountains but you will be about to do that under the guise of retrieving the grandsons😜.

I will indeed be chasing kids through the water. Michelle is very excited the younger boys will have the splash pad area at AOA.

I think when you have a few strategies up front it helps but also we sometimes admit defeat and just head for the pool or room for and hour or so then everyone gets their second wind and it’s all good.

We will need plans, options and options on top of that.

Today was a perfect summer day here- high of 25*c, no humidity, light breeze - it was heavenly though the teenager said he misses Florida thunderstorms 😱😂

I had to convert that to Fahrenheit and 77 would be perfect here too. We have high humidity right now and we're hitting in the mid 90s. A cool front is expected in the early morning hours that will take some of the humidity away and give up temps in the mid 80s/ Please tell you son we have those thunderstorms too when we're not in a drought.

Are you hoping the boys will follow in their dad’s footsteps? I know that’s your team.

I think our best chance will be Dominic. John Paul is not really interested in sports. Dominic is really coordinated and tough. Michelle is having John Paul the different sports to see if he has a interest in any, so far basketball is the only sport he has shown some interest in.

We are Arsenal fans ( soccer) through and through though my husband played Gaelic and hurley for the county. The older boy played Gaelic for parish e grew up in and the youngest played soccer but just locally. My grandson plays them all but enjoys Gaelic and hurley most.
I think team sports are so good for kids.

Wow I had no idea there were so many different sports in Ireland. I did do a little Googling. It sounds like there are more team mates involved in Gaelic and Hurley.

Tuesday, November 30, 2021-Rest Day for some.

Dennis and I checked in for our breakfast at Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club and were soon seated. We had left Danielle behind at Music for her Zoom interview.

I had really enjoyed my Crab Cake Benedict I had back in September but wanted to try something different. I got the Country Ham and Cheddar Omelet with Breakfast Potatoes, a Cappuccino with a shot of vanilla and a side of fruit. Dennis also had the omelet but had orange juice and a side of Blueberry pancakes. I have pictures of my food but none of Dennis'. He did not have the patience to wait for me to photograph his food, he was well on his way to Hangry.

Cappuccino.

1715308369604.png

Condiments.

1715308436600.png

And entrée.

1715308489114.png

We enjoyed our breakfast and left very full. I'm a big egg eater but I think I enjoyed the Crab Cakes I had last time more. We drove back to Music to meet back up with Danielle. She had to work again that afternoon so we drove her back to Flamingo Crossing. Dennis had never seen where she was living so he wanted to get a look around.

If you have been around my reports for awhile you have already heard about Flamingo Crossing and you're going to hear about it again. This is the apartment complex Disney built for the College Program participates to live in. It's not free, the CPs pay rent on a weekly basis and it comes out of their paychecks. If the CP doesn't work their hours they can't pay their rent. The 1st stage of the complex was completed while the parks were shut down. The group of CPs that Danielle was part of were the first CPs to live there. It's a really nice set up and has security. You can't get in without an ID or being with someone who lives there. They also restrict the number of visitors to 2. The photos I have are of the office and common area.

1715308887915.png

1715308911516.png

1715308929458.png

1715308956231.png
This is a tribute to the original CP housing, the very first complex. Danielle was in this complex for her short lived first CP, Vista Way. It was sold and converted to apartment for rent to the public.

1715309068730.png

I love this tribute to Fantasia.

1715309102344.png

We had a good look around and then said good bye to Danielle until the next day. We drove back to Music. The All Stars are very close to Flamingo. Dennis was past ready for his nap and I was ready to do some more exploring. I had a list of things I wanted to see. I wanted to get some photos of the statues in MK and see the Christmas decorations in the monorail resorts. I had no problem with doing this on my own.

I hopped on a bus and was soon entering MK. I took this photo of the Enchantment poster as I passed under the train station.

1715309411219.png

More in next post.

Last edited:
I was on a mission. First up was the statues.

Tinkerbell was a little hard to find.
1715309782265.png
1715309807633.png
1715309863917.png
1715309883722.png
1715309907330.png
1715309931124.png
This was a little hard to find too.
1715310369883.png
Once I had the pictures I wanted I was on the hunt to try a new to me snack. It was about 3:00 now and I needed a snack.
I headed towards Tommowland and the Lunching Pad.
1715310498754.png
I finally got the Cream Cheese Pretzel and really liked it.
1715310547218.png

I had finished my list for the MK so it was time to it the monorail resorts.

Last edited:
I think you would really enjoy the food down here.
Oh, I know I would. I had some crawdads near Lake Charles a year or so ago, and wow! were they ever good!
I had really enjoyed my Crab Cake Benedict
How could you not!
I have pictures of my food but none of Dennis'. He did not have the patience to wait for me to photograph is food, he was well on his way to Hangry.
:laughing:
I'm a big egg eater
1715317250574.png

1715317260056.png
we drove her back to Flamingo Crossing.
I didn't remember the name of it, somehow.
If the CP doesn't work their hours they can't pay their rent.
Talk about your incentive!
I do too. :)
Tinkerbell was a little hard to find.
I bet! Hidden in the foliage like that.
This was a little hard to find too.
1715310369883.png
On the castle?
I've had that... and... I was disappointed. Not what I'd hoped for.

I had to convert that to Fahrenheit and 77 would be perfect here too. We have high humidity right now and we're hitting in the mid 90s. A cool front is expected in the early morning hours that will take some of the humidity away and give up temps in the mid 80s/
I’m glad you will find the weather a little more comfortable/ less humid soon. Unfortunately our lovely weather ends with a scorcher on Saturday then it’s cloudy and rainy for a week from Sunday which is as far out as the forecast goes so who knows after that :confused3 ☔:sunny:❄️🎐
Please tell you son we have those thunderstorms too when we're not in a drought.
I will do. We love watching the Florida thunderstorms because they seem so dramatic. We occasionally get thunder and lightning but not like you guys do.
I think our best chance will be Dominic. John Paul is not really interested in sports. Dominic is really coordinated and tough. Michelle is having John Paul the different sports to see if he has a interest in any, so far basketball is the only sport he has shown some interest in.
Lucas isn’t particularly sporty but he enjoys the craic. Gaelic sports are better for that. They are incredibly inclusive and almost a second family for everyone involved. Their whole ethos is for everyone to enjoy and participate and care for their team mates and others. They don’t keep score until secondary school which is around ages 11/12years and are an “amateur sport” So even the County players have “real jobs” to get paid. The County games are hugely competitive. I have fond memories of watching the game with my dad on Sunday afternoons. The back wall of our garden was also part of the perimeter wall of Casement Park ( local GAA ground). They are the traditional Irish games which, until very recently, were only played in Catholic schools in the North. There have been huge efforts to get other school communities involved with some progress slowly being made.
Soccer is an English sport but is played all over Ireland too as is rugby but Lucas is doing enough running about so hasn’t tried rugby yet. What he lacks in ability he makes up for in enthusiasm:rotfl:

Wow I had no idea there were so many different sports in Ireland. I did do a little Googling. It sounds like there are more team mates involved in Gaelic and Hurley.
That’s right there are. Gaelic sports also have an ethos that if you train every week you will get match-time even if you’re not the best player. They reward the loyalty you show to your club by training each week. Conversely if you’re the star player but you don’t show up for a training session that week you will not get to be in the starting line-up for the match.
There’s an American football team just started up in the last couple of years in Belfast too. I’m assuming there must be at least one more somewhere here so they have an opposing team :confused3:rotfl2:

I have pictures of my food but none of Dennis'.
Your food looks delicious
he was well on his way to Hangry.
Glad Denis got fed. I once went to take a photo of my own plate of food and the boys looked at me like I’d lost my mind so you can imagine what their faces would be like if I tried to photograph theirs :scared1::rotfl2:
If you have been around my reports for awhile you have already heard about Flamingo Crossing
It looks like a lovely place to live. So pristine and well kept. I enjoyed looking at your photos.
It's not free, the CPs pay rent on a weekly basis and it comes out of their paychecks. If the CP doesn't work their hours they can't pay their rent.
Disney is smart.
It's a really nice set up and has security. You can't get in without an ID or being with someone who lives there. They also restrict the number of visitors to 2.
As a parent I find this comforting. Nice to know that they are doing their best to keep those living there safe.
Me too.
I was ready to do some more exploring
I love a bit of exploring.
I wanted to get some photos of the statues in MK and see the Christmas decorations in the monorail resorts. I had no problem with doing this on my own.
It sounds like the perfect thing to do solo. That way you can take as long as you want without any pressure.
I took this photo of the Enchantment poster as
I’ve never really noticed that poster but it is gorgeous isn’t it. I like the sentiment.
First up was the statues.
You got some great photos. Did you keep count of how many statues you saw over the whole trip?
That looks tasty. Glad you liked it and you didn’t have to share so even better 😋
I had finished my list for the MK so it was time to it the monorail resorts.
I’m looking forward to seeing all the Christmas decor with you 🎄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter