Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just called, no deals for me. However, she said to keep an eye out for the next couple of days. I asked he about the ph thing and she said that she knows they had been thinking about doing it a bit differently but had not let them know for sure. She did know that if it were a require ment, it would be either ph or water parks. I'm thinking it's going to be a requirement. :( I would have rather stayed an extra night instead of buying park hoppers but oh well.

I wonder this too. I also can't modify my reservation, but thinking if I can cancel and rebook with free dining. I have Halloween tickets attached to my reservation so maybe that is why I can't modify. I'd call, but I called yesterday to ask which number I should use to modify my reservation. I don't want them to put a note on my account that I"m some crazy lady :)

The number is 407-939-1936 and they don't have a toll-free number.
For what it's worth, I asked on the WDW website's "mom's panel" if I could modify online when FD came out, and they told me that I would have to call. I don't know if I would still be able to book a new ressie online and just cancel the existing one, rather than just modifying it. They didn't address that part of my question. She just said I couldn't "modify" it online.

New details in from a reliable source, just firming up the rumors:

PUBLIC RELEASE TOMORROW (4/27)
No Visa Release

Dates:
August 28-October 2
October 25-31
November 8-19
December 15-21

Excluded Resorts:
All Star Movies (excluded after August 30)
Port Orleans French Quarter (excluded after August 30)
Port Orleans Riverside (excluded after October 2)
GF, Poly, BLT Villas, AoA Little Mermaid, 3 bedroom villas, and campsites all excluded

Requirements:
Addition of Park Hopper or Water Park & More

So GF and Poly total or just villas??

I just called about December dates and the CM said no promotions right now in general or on my account. That one minute wait was sweet; bet it won't be that way the next time I call!!

OK, 2 questions. In reading the SA offer it sounded like for the late December dates the FD might not be good for length of stay? Hoping I just read the translation wrong!
Also, this will be our 5th trip during FD. Most we book right after the offer comes out. Our last trip was several weeks after it was released. Folks on here are scaring me that rooms sell out quickly. Is there really a need for the sense of urgency I'm reading here?

My offer NOT BOOKED with Disney VISA. I'm hoping I got some pixie dust tonight -- will gladly spread some around if I can. We always do park hoppers because we are commando touring types, but I understand a lot of folks do not like or are able to do more than a park a day.

But, the cost of a PH over a longer stay is really worth it in our opinion...so much flexibility. Now for a shorter stay -- not so much.

Good luck to my fellow DISers as this offer goes live. I hope you are all able to modify and book what you want!

i made ADRs for:
-kona cafe dinner
-be our guest dinner
-tutto italia dinner
-teppan edo dinner
-tusker house lunch
-cape may cafe dinner

and i can't keep them :sad::sad::sad::sad:

So GF and Poly total or just villas??

The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows, Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard View Rooms, campsites and 3-bedroom villas

August 28th looks like the start, BUT since this is a rumor, it could still be August 15, I assume. We won't know till either midnight or 7am.

I wonder this too. I also can't modify my reservation, but thinking if I can cancel and rebook with free dining. I have Halloween tickets attached to my reservation so maybe that is why I can't modify. I'd call, but I called yesterday to ask which number I should use to modify my reservation. I don't want them to put a note on my account that I"m some crazy lady :)

The number is 407-939-1936 and they don't have a toll-free number.

Thanks for the phone number. Judging from many prior posts, I'm thinking I'll end up having to phone, too. I'm bummed because it could turn into a really expensive phone call from Canada! Oh well, it will still be cheaper than paying for food for 9 days so....

no pins for me either!!!!! Said no codes for September yet but keep checking!!!! well I enjoy talking to the cm's anyway.....

Just called to try and see if any codes were attached to my account, no luck. I didn't press too hard for the offers like FD though; I didn't know what to say. She did only say they would be notified the day before or the day of and there was nothing.

I have actually never considered using a travel agent. And yes, my ideal plan would be POP with 6 day tickets. But I do fear that even though they would be on the phone for hours changing reservations, mine would be the last one and by the time they got to it all of the available value resorts would be sold out under the free dining offer. Plus, can you still use your visa through a travel agent? Will they book when the visa offer comes out?
The likelihood of all value resorts filling up is very low. Last year I saw rooms open several weeks after the promo came out. They won't fill up in one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter