FP or dining pkg seating better for ROL...

I have a 6:40 Safari FP and then FP to RoL. I know it is a long walk between but we have 2 with scooters that rush us along. if Safari gets us off at 7ish, we have 1:45 before the show. I am hoping to get a snack and in line by 7:30-7:45. We have a party of 5, so I will have to pull DD off the EE line as we go by to make it on time. I have 3 weeks to keep reading this thread to see if that will work. Thanks for all the info and photos.

Everything sounds good... but, (at least seeing how things are shaking out at the present time,)
I'd be nervous about stopping for snacks after Safari.

To be safer, I'd want to get something to eat before Safari.

ALSO...
This brings up something I have not seen, so far:

CAN GUESTS BRING SNACKS INTO THE ROL SEATING??

At Fantasmic!, not only can you bring them in with you, they actually have concession stands INSIDE the F! theater seating area.

Last edited:
Everything sounds good... but, (at least seeing how things are shaking out at the present time,)
I'd be nervous about stopping for snacks after Safari.

To be safer, I'd want to get something to eat before Safari.

ALSO...
This brings up something I have not seen, so far:

CAN GUESTS BRING SNACKS INTO THE ROL SEATING??

At Fantasmic!, not only can you bring them in with you, they actually have concession stands INSIDE the F! theater seating area.

It would be nice if one could bring one's giant lotus flower souvenir popcorn bucket in with them! To pass the time...

I have a friend at the show tonight. She said they arrived 45 minutes early with the dining package and it was full to capacity. They weren't sure they were going to be able to sit together but the CM helped them to be able to.

I have a friend at the show tonight. She said they arrived 45 minutes early with the dining package and it was full to capacity. They weren't sure they were going to be able to sit together but the CM helped them to be able to.

Scary stuff, eh kids?

hmmm.....so this would suggest that they are issuing more (dining package) fastpasses than they actually have space to accommodate? That's not promising....

hmmm.....so this would suggest that they are issuing more (dining package) fastpasses than they actually have space to accommodate? That's not promising....
She said they were turning some people away so must of been the standby people.

I was there tonight, too, in the FP section. It was a bit slower to fill than the standby (which looked full well before 6:00 for the 7:15 show) and dining sections. I arrived about 6:15 and sat in the top of "C" on the map. To me, the view from there seemed much better than the top sections, because the "slope" was greater, so no heads in the way. Loved the show!!

Yikes! Good to know...is it every night at this point? Maybe it will get a little better with more shows, although spring break is starting.

I was there tonight, too, in the FP section. It was a bit slower to fill than the standby (which looked full well before 6:00 for the 7:15 show) and dining sections. I arrived about 6:15 and sat in the top of "C" on the map. To me, the view from there seemed much better than the top sections, because the "slope" was greater, so no heads in the way. Loved the show!!
Maybe FP is the way to go then instead of the dining package.

Just wait until they open up Pandora.

Hokey Smoke, Bullwinkle!

I can't imagine! I'm traveling in April, so we're in the start of ROL, with the Last Trip for Wishes peeps, but before Pandora, so I haven't figured out exactly how that translates into crowds, but this much I know - I need to get to my ROL dining package seating early!

I'm not sure if it is every night.

I could be wrong, but from what I saw in the Official ROL thread, it's every other night in Feb and March, then twice/night in April. Seems a little strange they wouldn't go to every night first before twice/night, but who knows?

I could be wrong, but from what I saw in the Official ROL thread, it's every other night in Feb and March, then twice/night in April. Seems a little strange they wouldn't go to every night first before twice/night, but who knows?

It's Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday until April 8.

It's Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday until April 8.

That's the current schedule.

If they had any sense of trying to make their guests happy,
they'd immediately (or very soon) switch to nightly and run two shows a night.

This would also tend to pull more crowds away (thin them down) from the other parks' evening shows,
something that they have already been trying to do by simply adding the night-time hours to DAK.

The "very soon" I had in mind was the time it takes to change the CMs' schedules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter