Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking on my MDE today and saw that all our magic bands from our last trip are still active. We don't even know where most of them are, so I will probably just deactivate them. My dd knows where hers is and would like to switch between her old magic band and the new one on the next trip. Can I deactivate some of the old ones and leave some of them active? Also, might it be better not to use any of the old ones b/c of battery life? It will be a little over a year between trips.

Also, I don't see the option anywhere to customize new magic bands. We still have over six months to go. Is it too early, or am I looking in the wrong place?

One more question: Why does it say "Magic Band Order: Quanity 7: Declined Magic Bands 3?" We are a party of 7, so that part is right, but we never declined three.

Thanks for the help!

Also, I don't see the option anywhere to customize new magic bands. We still have over six months to go. Is it too early, or am I looking in the wrong place?

One more question: Why does it say "Magic Band Order: Quanity 7: Declined Magic Bands 3?" We are a party of 7, so that part is right, but we never declined three.

I'm doing this a little blind as I don't have any reservations right now to go in and just look at what the site or app looks like right now.. You are in the right spot, I found the email from my last reservation and it brings you to magicbands and cards.. I'm 99% sure you do not have to wait, once you have a reservation with at least a deposit, you can start to plan and customize.

First, don't panic that it says declined. Nothing is final until they would ship which is roughly 3 weeks to 1 month from when you arrive and even then they aren't final and the resort can still give you some (but they would be grey in that case)

- Are you in the mde account that made the resort reservations?
- go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/ and it should give you a screen that says Welcome, name.. it'll list a small section of things about your disney account like friends, family, if you ahve a reservation and if you have magicbands with a link to customize them. Let the screen sit for 20-30 seconds as the bands may not appear right away.. If that is not appearing, try using the website from a different browser. If you had to login first, go to the url again, the site doesn't always login and go to that screen.
- and just in case. If I recall correctly, the order you found is in a colored box and I think you can click on that box to get to customizing them.

Correct, this is an example of one of the tours that will not appear anywhere and you probably called up to book. To help with planning and to make sure I don't loose anything, there is an option to add in a note on the website and int he app. You can give it a date and time and type in anything you want as well as select who in your traveling group should get a copy of your note. I just put in the tour and where we are suppose to be and the confirmation number. It really helps with planning because you'll see it in your itinerary to know to skip making any meal or fastpass during it and a reminder about what day it is when planning what parks you want to do.

OK, I'm a total dork because I can't find where I can add a "note" to my MDE - I've looked online and on the app - can you point me in the right direction?

thanks!

OK, I'm a total dork because I can't find where I can add a "note" to my MDE

If your in your itinerary on the app or website you can use the app plans option to add a note. It's the section where it says the date and then lists out all the things you have that date.

If for some reason you can't find it.. this would bring up the page on teh website for today: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/itinerary/2016-05-10/ Just switch to the date of the tour and add plans is in the upper left.

If your in your itinerary on the app or website you can use the app plans option to add a note. It's the section where it says the date and then lists out all the things you have that date.

If for some reason you can't find it.. this would bring up the page on teh website for today: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/itinerary/2016-05-10/ Just switch to the date of the tour and add plans is in the upper left.

YEAH!! I was able to find it on the website - NOTE has been added for the day!!
thanks again!

We received our magicbands for our upcoming resort stay, however my band does not show up in my disney experience under "Magicbands and Cards." The bands for the other 2 people in my party are there, but mine is not. When I try to manually link it using the ID number on the back I get an error message that says it's an invalid ID number. Is this something I should call about before our trip, or not worry about it until we get to the resort and go to the front desk?

We received our magicbands for our upcoming resort stay, however my band does not show up in my disney experience under "Magicbands and Cards." The bands for the other 2 people in my party are there, but mine is not. When I try to manually link it using the ID number on the back I get an error message that says it's an invalid ID number. Is this something I should call about before our trip, or not worry about it until we get to the resort and go to the front desk?

I would call instead of wasting time at the resort. If they need or want to send you another one, the resort would just give you a grey band.

I'm doing this a little blind as I don't have any reservations right now to go in and just look at what the site or app looks like right now.. You are in the right spot, I found the email from my last reservation and it brings you to magicbands and cards.. I'm 99% sure you do not have to wait, once you have a reservation with at least a deposit, you can start to plan and customize.

First, don't panic that it says declined. Nothing is final until they would ship which is roughly 3 weeks to 1 month from when you arrive and even then they aren't final and the resort can still give you some (but they would be grey in that case)

- Are you in the mde account that made the resort reservations?
- go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/ and it should give you a screen that says Welcome, name.. it'll list a small section of things about your disney account like friends, family, if you ahve a reservation and if you have magicbands with a link to customize them. Let the screen sit for 20-30 seconds as the bands may not appear right away.. If that is not appearing, try using the website from a different browser. If you had to login first, go to the url again, the site doesn't always login and go to that screen.
- and just in case. If I recall correctly, the order you found is in a colored box and I think you can click on that box to get to customizing them.

I just wanted to respond to this again in case it happens to anyone else. I figured out where to go in and get started with the new set of magic bands. I must have missed the spot to click last time. Anyway, five of the people in my party had "customize magic band" by their names, and three of us it said that I had declined new ones. I don't know why that happened, but I just clicked on it and was able to select that I wanted new ones. So, just an FYI.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the attraction limited edition bands seems to be restocked again.. (purple haunted mansion ones for example). Also the design/customize your own bands found at co-op and space mountain added about 30+ new designs. There is a lot of new designs, some old limited edition favorites are available via this method, many new attraction based ones (haunted mansion had at least 4 new designs). Also some of that carries over to phone cases, which now include some android phones like samsung S6 and S7 cases.

If you already picked your color and you're still 30+ days out, staying onsite, can you update your MagicBand color? I'm having trouble with the website.

If you already picked your color and you're still 30+ days out, staying onsite, can you update your MagicBand color? I'm having trouble with the website.

As long as it is still within the date in which you can customize you should be able too. A ton of dining and fastpass things for everything opening may/june just came out today so many the site is being a little testy..

Try going under your profile, magicbands and cards and then you either get a link to customize or you click on the different people and do them 1 person at a time.. I forget what the website looks like at this moment and dont' have a reservation to check.. of course if you really can't get it, you could call them for help to change it around.

Thank you! That makes me feel better. It says we have 14 days, but it just wasn't working. I'll try again tomorrow. It's our first trip and it's for my 5yo's 6th birthday, and I think she wants a different color.

As long as it is still within the date in which you can customize you should be able too. A ton of dining and fastpass things for everything opening may/june just came out today so many the site is being a little testy..

Try going under your profile, magicbands and cards and then you either get a link to customize or you click on the different people and do them 1 person at a time.. I forget what the website looks like at this moment and dont' have a reservation to check.. of course if you really can't get it, you could call them for help to change it around.

Several people on disboards are reporting different colors than what they picked arrived in their magicband shipment (and a couple saying they are seeing grey in the customize).

check your bands when they arrive and report any problems to disney right away if the color is important.

Speaking to the previous post...My husband's and mine glitched out and changed to grey. This was after the deadline to customize but I was able to change it back.

Here's the bigger issue I came across...a total newb move but I figured I'd share just in case someone might not know this. (I read the first page with all the FAQ but not the other pages)

So yesterday we hit 14 days till arrival and our MBs still said "Act quickly...they may ship at anytime". I was confused by this since I chose purple, hubbs chose green, my mom chose purple, and my dad wanted grey. I called DVC (since we are members) to figure it out. Turns out you actually have to go in and select grey. You can't just leave it be, even though it is the standard selection. Thankfully, the CM edited it for me while on the phone. I checked today and it says the order is now being processed so we shall see what happens.

Man oh man, do I feel like an idiot though. It did not dawn on me to make that selection. I thought we were good to go! So now I'm not sure if we will get them in time. The elusive purple MB might just remain elusive for my mom and I. :-( Oh well. We are going to Disney World!!! :-D

@WDWsBFF did you happen to ask if that means that if you do not customize, you will get non-customized grey but they will hand them to you at the resort and not ship them?? Did you happen to do online checkin while it was still marked "act quickly"?

@WDWsBFF did you happen to ask if that means that if you do not customize, you will get non-customized grey but they will hand them to you at the resort and not ship them?? Did you happen to do online checkin while it was still marked "act quickly"?

I didn't ask that specifically but I would assume so. The CM said that with the way I had it, the "system" assumed that one person was still trying to make up their mind and so essentially the whole order was locked up. We most likely would have run out of time to get the order shipped had I not called on May 25th to see what was up. Like I mentioned earlier, the CM helped and I checked yesterday...They shipped out on the 26th via USPS 3-day priority mail.

.....and I just checked the shipping status while writing this...they are in the mailbox!!!! Purple MB here I come!

And to answer your other question @Accident, yes I did do online check in while it was in the "act quickly" status.

Tonight I was using a custom band I purchased and the ticket entrance and fastpass scan points were making noises at me. it's not an effects band and I couldn't really tell what hte noise was but I was not expecting it. my daughters band also did it.. I happened to have a second limited band with me and tried that with no noises...

I have added a new storyteller feature trying to keep a good list of what rides has something that happens with your magic band.. Am I missing any?

It's near the middle and this is the section as of this post:

Story Tellers custom features in the parks.

There is a feature of the magic band where they are starting to customize your park experience by scanning your band over the air. Right now it seems limited to some rides and here is my best attempt at listing what I know..

Magic Kingdom:
- Haunted Mansion: The ghosts will list your name or your state/country at the end of the ride when they join you.
- Small World: Screens at the end of the ride identify you as part of the small world.
- Space Mountain: Tv screens on your ride while going up on the people mover after the ride will list your name with a saying. (once you see those screens, the ones where there is a camera showing people going past, stop walking, stand near each other and have a camera ready, it might be a distant screen with your name).

Hollywood Studios:
- Rock and Roller Coaster: screens at the end of the ride add your name to the signs (I think, screens yes, what they show I'm not sure).
- Tower of Terror supposively has something so watch out for it.

Animal Kingdom:
- when in line for expedition everest, both standby and fastpass (not single rider) there is screens when you reach the final room that you can see the ride loading. The screens look like advertisement posters and scroll between several of them. if you pay attention your name might be the person being quoted in the ad.

epcot:
- none known at this time but spaceship earth has always been interactive with your photo for a custom ending. this has nothing to do with magic bands.

Last edited:
Updated both post 1 and 2 for more story teller and magic band only features...

1: frozen forever ride photos require a magic band.
2: art of animation lobby posters personalize to your family
3: mission space uses your name/hometown during the ride.

Not going to add this but something to note that Be Out Guest restaurant figures out where you sat down from your magic band, and if you do not have one they give you a rose that acts like a magicband for them to find you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter