Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding this:

Q: I really don't want the MagicBands, I plan to buy a different design when I get there, I have too many already or will get a card when I get there, do I need to get them?

A: No, there is an option to opt out of MagicBands found in the customize MagicBand section.

One tidbit of info to add to this. It's not a huge deal but people should be aware that when you "opt out" of your free magic band you are at the same time declining the free "keepsake" luggage tag (the ones with Disney characters on them). The luggage tags are now shipped with the magic bands and they only include 1 tag for each magic band in the order, regardless of how many people are in your package.

I just added a couple more points:

Q: I saw someone with a magic band that lit up and made noises when they used it. The mickey even changed to different colors than green or red.
A: There are some extremely limited edition effects magic bands. They are not readily available. And example of these were sold at Star Wars weekends and were the limited edition light saber magic bands. It would make light saber noises, say something and the mickey would change colors to match your band instead of the normal green for go, red for stop.

Q: We didn't claim our ride photo but later in the app/website we saw us on the ride! Was this the magic band?
A: Yes, the magic band automatically links your ride photos and video to your photopass account.

Q: Do you need to wear it on the ride for your photopass photo to work?

A: No. I've left it in my bag that was with me and got the photos without an issue. This can be a tricky answer as it signals wirelessly with the ride so if you happen to store it somewhere that the signal is blocked, you wouldn't know until after the ride that it didn't work.
Sounds neat

Not sure if this has been answered yet or not, and I think I know the answer but here's my question. Checking in on a Sunday checking out on Thursday, with 5 day tickets. We are not using a ticket day on the Sunday when we check in, going to MNSSHP that evening. The bands will still work on Friday to use our 5th day park ticket and for fast passes, correct?

Not sure if this has been answered yet or not, and I think I know the answer but here's my question. Checking in on a Sunday checking out on Thursday, with 5 day tickets. We are not using a ticket day on the Sunday when we check in, going to MNSSHP that evening. The bands will still work on Friday to use our 5th day park ticket and for fast passes, correct?
Yes and they'll even work on a future trip with new tickets linked to MDE. MBs provide the link to whatever data is linked to your MDE account.

So I'm planning to go back next fall and use my 2015 F&W Premium Package MagicBand. Will the special sounds (glasses tinging, gulp sounds, wine pouring, "bon appetit") still work at Epcot FP+ touch points or was that only for a limited time?

One tidbit of info to add to this. It's not a huge deal but people should be aware that when you "opt out" of your free magic band you are at the same time declining the free "keepsake" luggage tag (the ones with Disney characters on them). The luggage tags are now shipped with the magic bands and they only include 1 tag for each magic band in the order, regardless of how many people are in your package.
The free luggage tags only given to people who book a package that includes tickets. A lot of people, especially annual passholders, don't book package reservations and wouldn't get the luggage tags anyway. But your warning is a good one. A lot of people don't even know there are luggage tags in the box when they have a package trip. And the tags are really cute. We finally booked a package for the first time in probably ten years or more, and finally got the luggage tags. :)

The free luggage tags only given to people who book a package that includes tickets. A lot of people, especially annual passholders, don't book package reservations and wouldn't get the luggage tags anyway. But your warning is a good one. A lot of people don't even know there are luggage tags in the box when they have a package trip. And the tags are really cute. We finally booked a package for the first time in probably ten years or more, and finally got the luggage tags. :)
Yep, I was totally unaware as this is the 1st time anyone in our party has bought a magic band. We honestly thought it would be wasteful to have the free band sent knowing it would not be used, so we declined. I didn't put together the connection between declining the band and the keepsake tags bc the last pkg we booked was in '14 and the keepsake tags at that time came to us in the same envelope as the DME (yellow sticker) tags.

We have MB from a stay two years ago. They still show up in our MDE page. So do I wait until we get to WDW in October to find out if they still work, or do I get new ones?

We have MB from a stay two years ago. They still show up in our MDE page. So do I wait until we get to WDW in October to find out if they still work, or do I get new ones?

The only things they might not work for are long range things like the ride photos and the personalized things they do at the end of iasw and HM. I would get new ones though just to be safe.

I would get new ones in your case. We like to get a new set once a year. :)

The only things they might not work for are long range things like the ride photos and the personalized things they do at the end of iasw and HM. I would get new ones though just to be safe.

99% of the band will work pretty much until the end of time, the issue is going to be photos and videos while on a ride. Specifically the photos from Frozen and 7dmt, and the videos from 7dmt, tot and possibly some others. I forget if there are others that do video. If photos from rides without having to do anything special, get and use the new bands. Also the new bands are thinner and more flexible so you may find them more comfortable vs some from 2 years ago. you can decide if you want to use them later, there is no cost to get them and there is no cost savings to reject them.

via MagicBandCollectors

Screen-Shot-2016-08-15-at-5.00.11-PM.png

My son originally linked a 7 days park hopper to his trip in Sept. Staying in SSR. Now plans have changed and he can't be there for 7 days just 4 days. We have 4-1 day park hopper non-expiration tickets he could use so he doesn't waste the extra days. My question is how can he cancel the orinally linked 7 day PH and link the 4-1 day PH non expiring tickets?

My son originally linked a 7 days park hopper to his trip in Sept. Staying in SSR. Now plans have changed and he can't be there for 7 days just 4 days. We have 4-1 day park hopper non-expiration tickets he could use so he doesn't waste the extra days. My question is how can he cancel the orinally linked 7 day PH and link the 4-1 day PH non expiring tickets?

Just make whatever changes you need in MDE, maybe even call disney to see if you can alter the original ticket. As far as magicbands goes, if you do transfer the 4 tickets to him in MDE then he should stop at guest relations before he uses a ticket (there is one outside of every theme park just after security before you scan your band). He wants to ask them to prioritize the 4 original tickets to make sure the 7 day doesn't get used. Farely common, they will understand.

Just make whatever changes you need in MDE, maybe even call disney to see if you can alter the original ticket. As far as magicbands goes, if you do transfer the 4 tickets to him in MDE then he should stop at guest relations before he uses a ticket (there is one outside of every theme park just after security before you scan your band). He wants to ask them to prioritize the 4 original tickets to make sure the 7 day doesn't get used. Farely common, they will understand.

Ok great thank you for your help!

I have a question about what to do for my next trip and I may be making this harder than it is. I have only one trip under my belt using MDE and FP+. So here is my sitatuon:

I have an MDE account my hubby and my daughter, and obviously me (I am the main person on the account). On the next trip, my hubby is not going. My daughter and I will be going to MVMCP only with my parents, who have their own MDE account. I will want to make FPs when the time comes (only 30 days out bc I am staying with my parents, off-site). If I enter the ticket info for me and my daughter only, will there be a problem? Like, will it "demand" ticket info for hubby? I tried to delete him from the account but it would not let me. I got a message that he has active cards (but I deactived his magic band!). For FPs, my daughter and I will be choosing different rides from my parents (they don't do the mountains). The only thing we might do together is POC or PP, if I cant get 7DMT. What is the best way to make our FP? Just separately? just try to get a time with an overlapping window? Or should we all be on one account? Also, what are the chances of our MBs from Noc 2015 being dead when we go this Nov? I really don't want to buy new bands!

I have a question about what to do for my next trip and I may be making this harder than it is. I have only one trip under my belt using MDE and FP+. So here is my sitatuon:

I have an MDE account my hubby and my daughter, and obviously me (I am the main person on the account). On the next trip, my hubby is not going. My daughter and I will be going to MVMCP only with my parents, who have their own MDE account. I will want to make FPs when the time comes (only 30 days out bc I am staying with my parents, off-site). If I enter the ticket info for me and my daughter only, will there be a problem? Like, will it "demand" ticket info for hubby? I tried to delete him from the account but it would not let me. I got a message that he has active cards (but I deactived his magic band!). For FPs, my daughter and I will be choosing different rides from my parents (they don't do the mountains). The only thing we might do together is POC or PP, if I cant get 7DMT. What is the best way to make our FP? Just separately? just try to get a time with an overlapping window? Or should we all be on one account? Also, what are the chances of our MBs from Noc 2015 being dead when we go this Nov? I really don't want to buy new bands!
You will link your tickets to you and DD. When it comes time to select your FPs, the system will only allow you to select the two of you. If you have linked your parents' MDE to yours, you can also book FPs for them. And if you don't know how to link, just add your Mom and Dad to your MDE and link their Party tickets to them. Then be the FP booker for everyone.

Yes, your MagicBands will still work. Don't worry about your DH's MDE info because he isn't going on the trip with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter