Drills and Chills - October 2023 Exercise Thread

20 minutes for me (525/500) and congrats to sophy1996!! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc:cheer2:

The team is only 101 minutes from pink as well!!!

Today's entry is:
Pooh’s Heffalump Halloween Movie, released September 13, 2005
1698359466329.png
"Few people love Halloween candy more than Winnie the Pooh! However, when Tigger warns everyone about a monster who turns unsuspecting trick-or-treaters into jack-o-lanterns, Lumpy, Pooh, and Roo think twice about venturing out for sweet treats. Will their sweet tooth get the best of them and cause them to risk becoming a jack-o-lantern in exchange for some sugary goodness?"

Trailer:

No minutes for me yet today, or new color changes, but the team total is getting super close to pink!!

Next movie:
Return to Halloweentown, released October 20, 2006
1698430979308.png - in which we have Marnie going away at college...and played by a different actress:

I've only seen bits, and I guess it depends on the kid - Common Sense Media breaks it down into categories if you know exactly what would bother the little one or not, but overall agrees with sophy and says 7+

Sorry I've been lax about updating the totals the last couple of days (I've been out of the house more than in) but catching up now:

65 minutes for me = 505/500 (Guess I should have gone for 600!)

Congrats to BonnieF and livih99 on reaching Purple,

and the team is only 276 minutes from pink!!

:figment: :cheer2: :bounce: :cheer2: :figment:

Today's movie is: Twitches, released October 14, 2005:
View attachment 805014
"Starring twin sisters Tia and Tamera Mowry, Twitches is a Disney Channel Original Movie adapted from the popular same-titled series of teen books. “Twitches” refers to “twin witches,” with the belief that when the twins pool their resources together, their witchy abilities become significantly stronger. Such is the case of Alex and Camryn (the Mowry twins) who are separated at birth but are unexpectedly reunited on their 21st birthday. The sisters soon discover their unique powers and set about working their magic and fulfilling their destiny."

I'm pretty sure I saw this a long time ago, but don't remember all the details. (I got 9 out of 14 on this quiz, though.) - Feel free to give it a go and post your score!

The sisters are still acting. In fact, I just saw Tamera in a Hallmark mystery the other day:
I've never seen Twitches but took the quiz anyway. 7/14. My guessing wasn't too bad! : )

Congrats to Twilight Sparkle on reaching Green and to the TEAM on reaching Pink!! :cheer2: :bounce: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Today's movie is Twitches Too, released October 12, 2007:

1698509083729.png "Young Camryn and Alex carefully mastered the skill of balancing a normal life with the potential upset that comes from having mystical, magical powers. When the evil forces of darkness come back to upset the Coventry, the sister witches sacrifice their harmony to make things right."

Today's movie is Spooky Buddies, released September 20, 2011 -
1698624865152.png
"The newest * installment in Disney’s wildly popular and successful Air Buddies films is 2011’s Spooky Buddies. Air Buddies is a spin-off from the also enthusiastically received Air Bud series of films, which featured a Golden Retriever named Buddy who becomes famous by excelling at a wide variety of sporting activities. The five Air Buddies are Buddy’s “children.” The Air Buddies have previously undergone adventures in space (Space Buddies), in Alaska (Snow Buddies), and have teamed up to come to Santa Claus’ rescue (The Search For Santa Paws). In Spooky Buddies, the Buddies (B-Dawg, Budderball, Buddha, Mudbud, and Rosebud) get involved in the mysterious goings-on at a local haunted mansion. In order to save the world from the evil Warwick the Warlock, the Buddies embark on a Trick-or-Treat adventure which emphasizes the importance of teamwork and courage."

(*There have actually been a couple more since the article I took this quote from - Treasure Buddies and Super Buddies.)

I haven't seen this one, but maybe I'll put it on my list - who can resist cute puppies, right?

Ugh... I totally fell off the wagon, and face of the earth, this month... so sorry to bring the team number down. I kept thinking I'd get back on track and then this morning realized it is Oct 30 so time has run out. But no more travel disruptions until Christmas, so I'm getting back in to my routine for November.

Ugh... I totally fell off the wagon, and face of the earth, this month... so sorry to bring the team number down. I kept thinking I'd get back on track and then this morning realized it is Oct 30 so time has run out. But no more travel disruptions until Christmas, so I'm getting back in to my routine for November.
Hey, I was just wondering about you! - Glad to hear it was work travel and nothing seriously wrong. Here's to a strong November!

I'm going to double-up today because there are more movies left in the article than days left in the month! Two were released in 2012 ~

Frankenweenie, on October 5th:
1698706916623.png
Filmgoers know immediately that any production with Tim Burton’s name attached is going to be “different,” and with Frankenweenie, a stop-motion, 3-D black-and-white full-length remake of Burton’s 1984 same-named short feature, viewers will not be disappointed. Both homage to and parody of the iconic 1931 film, Frankenstein, Frankenweenie substitutes a lovable dog (Sparky) for the Boris Karloff monster in this version. Young Victor, the dog’s owner, and aspiring scientist stumbles upon the “life-resurrecting” formula which brings his pet back to life, only to then have his “secret formula” fall into the hands of some less-than-scrupulous profiteers.

and Girl vs. Monster, on October 12th:
1698706956292.png
Disney Channel’s Girl vs. Monster relates the story of 15-year old Skylar (Olivia Holt), an otherwise typical teenager who learns that her family isn’t exactly what she imagined them to be. In fact, the likable teen discovers that she’s actually a fifth-generation monster hunter and her services are needed to confront and vanquish the immortal Deimata (Tracy Dawson) and her group of ghouls. It’s Halloween and Skylar wants nothing more than to be in attendance at the big party taking place at the town’s run-down haunted mansion. Disobeying her parents, Skylar sneaks out, however, and in the process unknowingly frees Deimata from her parent’s basement, where they’d been held captive. This sets off a chain reaction of ghostly occurrences, forcing Skylar to come to grips with her family history.

I haven't seen either of these. - Is one of them a favorite for any of you??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter